It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:35 pm

Free Newsletter

My complete transformation

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: My complete transformation

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:59 am

I also can't do a 'naked' salad. If you can, try to get your hands on a bottle of balsamic vinegar and just use that :wink:
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Metalcharm » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:39 pm

Another vote for balsamic vinegar .. it's great and there are low fat varieties out there.

You're doing great! It's good to get back into routine and be able to eat healthier :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:45 pm

Straight balsamic vinegar (from the vinegar section not the salad dressing section) shouldn't have ANY fat in it... but the balsamic vinegar dressing mixes will do, and yeah you can get low fat versions.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Mr.Wizard » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:53 pm

Hi guys,

Balsamic vinegar sounds good. Right now I'm using the individual portion serves of french dressing. It may not be the healthiest salad dressing but at least with the individual packets I know I'm not completely drowning my salad in oil.

Have had a good couple of days, with some solid exercise and fairly good eating. Lunch for the past couple of days has been salad with roast beef strips. Dinner tonight was roast pork with lots of roast vegies. I'm probably kidding myself in thinking its healthy (they tend to drown everything they cook in oil) but one night of indulgence won't hurt and I was careful to limit not only the portion size of the meat, but the meal as a whole.

Exercise has been good. It's an absolute bugger waking up at 5am to go for a walk/jog but once I'm up and moving its not too bad and I've found that I actually feel better through the day. I always used to wake up with headaches and blamed it on not enough sleep, but I'm getting less sleep now than before and I'm feeling fine, both when I wake up and through the day.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjpeS7Y/]
[/url]
Mr.Wizard

Postby Mr.Wizard » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:20 pm

Hi everyone!

Today has been a great day. I think I'm starting to settle into a better routine, especially when it comes to my food choices. I still don't really like the taste of salad, but its no longer the chore to eat that it once was. And even though its still really hard to restrain myself when I smell BBQ or see a nice creamy pasta that's dripping in butter and cream I still manage to say no.

I think I've hit on a pretty good exercise routine as well. I wake up at 5 for a 45min (2km) walk followed by a session of skipping (1 minute intervals of skipping followed by 20 seconds walking rinse and repeat 10 times - thanks for the suggestion 67kilogoal).

Then, just before lunch, I go for a swim for about 45 minutes.

Finally I repeat my morning routine in the evening.

It seems like a lot of activity looking at it on the page, but I really need to start working on my intensity. I'm happy to be out and moving but it doesn't mean much if I don't push myself.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjpeS7Y/]
[/url]
Mr.Wizard

Previous

Return to Personal Progress