It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:54 pm

Free Newsletter

Shelley's Weight Loss Journey...Take Two

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Shelley's Weight Loss Journey...Take Two

Postby ganymede » Tue May 03, 2011 8:37 am

Well, I buggered up big time when I went on holidays in March. I knew it would happen but somehow I all of a sudden didn't care. I was having fun, I was relaxed and really happy holidaying with my partner and things have just got more out of hand since then :( Bad bad BAD eating habits since I came back from holidays!! I don't know why I do it to myself when it makes me feel so crappy and tired and headachey all the time!! So here I am, back into the swing of things and back on Optifast. I know a lot of people don't believe in the shakes programs but it is what works for me and whilst I do this I am planning on making my own vegetable soups as one of the meals and chopping up my own fresh vegetables to start getting myself into the swing of making healthy food choices.

Starting weight: not 100% sure yet but figure it will be around 88-89kg (back where I started :()

Goal weight: 60kg

LET'S DO THIS!!!

P.s anyone who wants a weight loss buddy, let me know! :) I can use all the help I can get :D
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Re: Shelley's Weight Loss Journey...Take Two

Postby ganymede » Tue May 03, 2011 9:19 pm

DAY ONE:

For breakfast I had my shake and a cup of tea. I haven't been prepared with vegetables etc. as I haven't got to go food shopping yet so for lunch I had a cup o' soup AND a wholemeal bread roll :oops: Not great but okay... Then for dinner I had a soup which is pretty much vegetables so I could have had a shake with it and STILL been within the diet plan but NO I had to go and eat 3 bread rolls instead!!!! :( :oops: :cry: I was just feeling so hungry, which is stupid because I know as soon as I ate the soup and a shake I would have felt just fine!!! Grrrr!!

Planning to get up at 6am tomorrow morning and do some exercise bike because there is no way I will be wanting to exercise after working 8 hours!

I feel silly :( I know I want this, why do I keep jeopardising myself!?
- Shelley

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby ganymede » Wed May 04, 2011 8:11 am

DAY TWO:

Started today off positively by getting up at 6am and getting on the bike for half an hour. Got on the scales afterwards and weighed myself and I was back up to 90.3kg :cry: But then I weighed myself after I got out of the shower and I weighed 89.9kg!? Does anyone understand why this could be?

Personally, I think my SW will now be 89.9kg :P I like that I'm just in the 80's... Wish I had just kept to it though as I was down to 84.5kg before I buggered up :(

Oh well, next time I will know, if things are getting a bit hard just to have a maintenance week and then continue on instead of eating my weight in chocolate and take away!!! :P

Having my shake now and a cup of tea so am hoping to really stick to my guns today seeing as I started it off so well with exercise :)

Thanks for reading my ramblings :oops:

Shell
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby ganymede » Thu May 05, 2011 8:23 am

End of day two wasn't too bad. Had vegetables for lunch and my shake and a cup of coffee with lite milk and no sugar in the afternoon.

For dinner I had cauliflower soup and 1 soy and linseed roll (bad...but at least it wasn't three this time :P). I also had a cup of tea with skim milk and no sugar.

Day two = success :D

DAY THREE

Well, I didn't get up to exercise as I would have liked but I ended up going to bed really late last night and it just threw me out completely, I was so tired I could barely move, let alone get out of bed at 6am! lol. So I slept in and am hoping I will have some energy left tonight to maybe do a bit of exercise.
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby ganymede » Thu May 05, 2011 9:01 pm

Ended up getting on the bike briefly tonight so I'm feeling good! Had my shake and my soup and now I'm ready for bed :P

Day three = SUCCESS! :mrgreen:
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby ganymede » Sat May 07, 2011 7:26 pm

Feeling good today even though I haven't done any exercise since Thursday night :shock: And since I ate about 1360 cals today already!!! But I made HEALTHIER choices than I usually would have and that took willpower but I did it and I am proud yay!

Thursday and Friday went off without a hitch too! :mrgreen:

I'm going to make healthy weekend options but not get too sad if I have something other than veges and shakes just to spice things up a bit :D

Yay!
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby ganymede » Fri May 13, 2011 11:29 pm

I was down to 88.2kg on Monday and as of this morning, down to 86.9kg!!! :mrgreen: Must keep going!!!
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby ganymede » Wed May 25, 2011 9:05 pm

5.4kg gone and down to 84.5kg!! Yippee!! :mrgreen:
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby ganymede » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:24 am

Progress report...weighed in at 82.75kg on Wednesday :mrgreen: I have, however, been away at the coast since Thursday and have eaten a LOT of bad bad food! :( I had a really nice and relaxing time though but the diet went right out the window. I went for a 20 minute brisk walk on the beach on the Thursday but other than that, I didn't do any exercise except for one game of bowling :P

Back into it this morning though! Even though it was an icy 7 degrees outside, I got out of bed and went for my 45 minute walk! Intend on still aiming for the 80kg goal by the end of June so we'll see how I go... :?
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby ganymede » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:40 am

After my splurge I was back up to 84.4kg :evil: Silly girl! But as of yesterday morning, preliminary weigh in for the week shows 82.65kg :mrgreen: Bad weekend has been worked off! Only took 8 days of ridiculous hard work :roll: Next time I must only have bad "snacks" not bad meals, bad snacks, bad breakfasts and multiple desserts :P One thing I am positive about though (as well as the weight loss :mrgreen: ) is the fact I jumped straight back on the wagon come Monday morning! Usually it would have been a downhill spiral from then on til I ended up 5kg heavier again. Not this time! I felt GUILTY and silly and wanted to undo it and now it is! To 80kg's and beyonnnndddd! :wink:
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby ganymede » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:14 pm

81.55kg today, oh rightttttt :wink: A bit slow as I've been sick and haven't been able to exercise for 4 days!! :evil: Back into it 110% now though! SO determined!!
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby ganymede » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:43 pm

Well, I had got down to 79kg but have been buggerising around with lots of bad food for about two weeks and no exercise for a week and a half. Was back up to 80.3kg on Tuesday and 80.05kg this morning so slowly getting back down and staying down and getting even further!!! I have decided to take a page out of the book of Sassyt and start up this thread again with daily progress to keep me accountable. I will update again tonight when I'm not on my phone!!
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby ganymede » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:40 pm

Here we go! Today's food and exercise diary :)

Breakfast:

2 3/4 cup of cornflakes with skim milk
Cup of tea with skim milk, no sugar
Cup of coffee when I got to work with no sugar and light milk

Morning Tea:

Optifast vanilla shake made on water

Lunch:

1 serve of homemade pumpkin soup
1 wholemeal bread roll
375ml diet coke

Afternoon Tea:

Four berry mix (frozen berries) about 50-60g with 100g jalna no fat yoghurt
Green tea with jasmine

Dinner:

1 serve of homemade cauliflower soup
Approx. 6-8 slices of mustard rosemary potato (approx. one serve)

Snack:

Biggest loser choc hazelnut bar
Cup of tea with skim milk, no sugar

Exercise:

50 minutes treadmill @ 5.6kph/5.8kph with incline, burning 327 calories and a distance of 5.1km
10 minutes cycling, moderate pace

SUCCESS!!!
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby ganymede » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:38 pm

Today's food and exercise!

Breakfast:

3 cups of cornflakes
1/3 cup of skim milk
Cup of tea, skim milk
Green tea with jasmine

Snack:

Optifast vanilla milkshake

Lunch:

Pumpkin soup
2 wholemeal bread rolls (eek! I was hungry!)
600ml diet coke

Snack:

150g Jalna fat free yoghurt
100g mixed berries
Green tea with jasmine

Dinner:

3/4 serve of cauliflower soup
Sugar free agrum

Snack:

1 cup cornflakes
Cup of tea, skim milk

Approx. 1303 cals

Exercise: 60 minutes of brisk walking

SUCCESS!!! :wink:
- Shelley

ganymede

Postby ganymede » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:26 pm

Today's food and exercise diary! :)

Well, I had to change My Fitness Pal to "lose 1 pound per week" which is about 450g. I did this because most Saturday's I am up at 3:30am to head to the coast for photography with my partner so I am up two hours earlier than normal and running on far less sleep than normal so I am always so hungry and find I require more fuel throughout the day. But I still wanted to stick to some form of guideline so I chose to change My Fitness Pal up so that I am still within the "losing" range calories wise and even if today I only maintain, I will certainly be happy with that. This is a one day thing every week and I didn't really eat too badly (I did have sushi though eek! But it was delicious and at least it wasn't Red Rooster or Maccas ;))

Anyway, this is my food and exercise for today!

Snack at 4:30am on the way to the coast:

Wolfberry crisp bar (natural muesli bar)

Breakfast at Maccas 7am:

2 slices of Helga's wholemeal toast
28g Heinz Strawberry Jam
Cup of tea, skim milk, no sugar

Snack at 8:30am:

Wolfberry crisp bar
375ml can diet coke
1 wholemeal bread roll, plain

Lunch at 12:30pm:

4 x satay chicken sushi rolls (EEK!! I know, I know but I was SO SO hungry and felt this was probably the healthiest option and the most filling so I wouldn't eat anything else between lunch and dinner)

Dinner:

Cauliflower Soup
Sugar free agrum drink

Snack:

Cup of tea, skim milk, no sugar

Exercise:

50 minutes of brisk walking which kept me under net calories (which is calories minus exercise ;)

1900 cals approx. intake

SEMI-SUCCESS!!! Well, not too bad for a hectic long Saturday anyway :P Could have been a lot worse. I could have eaten take away and a block of chocolate like last weekend :lol:
- Shelley

ganymede

Next

Return to Personal Progress