It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:23 am

Free Newsletter

Food Sensitive - Fighting Back

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Food Sensitive - Fighting Back

Postby Food Sensitive » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:22 pm

Hi all
I've just joined and am planning to lose around 15 kgs over a 6 month period. I have a number of food sensitivities which is very boring. I'm well and truly over it. Unfortunately, I can't just eat every healthy fruit and veg that's out there in order to lose the extra weight. My main symptom is eczema. Just like a yo-yo dieter, depriving oneself of a number of foods can set up unhealthy attitudes. Hopefully, there's a way to eat healthy food, maintain a good weight, keep my eczema in check and not feel too deprived. Here's a quote (sorry, not sure whose it is) that I'm keeping foremost in my thoughts.."We must all suffer from one of 2 pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret".

My plan for this week is just to take some time to think about menu planning. I'm going to do 2 meal-replacement shakes (breakfast & lunch) and a normal family meal at night. It probably won't do much for my eczema, but will give me some thinking space and hopefully start me off in the weight loss department.

Really hoping this forum helps me to keep my eye on the goal. :)

1. 74 kg Achieved 21/6/11
2. 71 kg ( "reclaim" those lost 3 kgs)
3. 66 kg
4. 61 kg (by December 2011).

"We must all suffer one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret"
Food Sensitive

Re: Food Sensitive - Fighting Back

Postby Metalcharm » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:33 pm

Welcome! And all the best with your plan :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby Food Sensitive » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:38 am

Hi Metalcharm,
Thanks for the encouragement. Well done to you with your weight loss!! Inspiring. :D

3. 66 kg

"We must all suffer one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret"
Food Sensitive

Postby Food Sensitive » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:47 pm

Weigh-in day today. Very pleased with a 1.5 kg loss. I haven't found the 2 shake replacements hard going and my eczema has not worsened so I think I'll stick with it for at least another week. I'm using skim milk instead of water for the shakes and add half a banana (a luxury at the moment!!) and some psyllium for the breakfast shake. I realise that this sort of loss won't continue each week with this approach but for the moment, it's working well. My other goal for this week is to cut down to 1 coffee per day. That will be the challenging part of the week. Panadol at the ready!! :D

3. 66 kg

Food Sensitive

Postby Food Sensitive » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:30 am

Yep! Needed the Panadol yesterday. Drinking lots of water helped though. Don't know if I'll be able to cut out my morning coffee completely though. I'll face that next week.

I've decided to set some mini-goals. The first is to come down to my starting weight prior to my last weight loss attempt. The classic pattern of putting it back on and then some happened to me. I started at 74kgs and lost 3 only to put on 5 and a half. So the mini goals are:
1. 74 kg
3. 66 kg
4. 61 kg (by December 2011). Hopefully smaller goals will keep me on track :)

3. 66 kg

Food Sensitive

Postby Food Sensitive » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:19 am

Yay! Lost another kilo and reached my first goal - back to my starting weight prior to my last weight loss attempt. I'm actually very surprised I lost anything given that I had a couple of social events over the weekend involving lots of great food. I'm finding that having the same evening meal as the family at the end of the day, is working really well. It helps keep me motivated to limit what I pop into my mouth during the day. I'll even have seconds if I'm feeling like it.

This next week will be about "halves". I'm going to keep the morning coffee happening (fyi: coffee doesn't agree with my skin, hence my attempts to cut down) but go for the half teaspoon super and half decaf. I'm going keep doing the breakfast and lunch shakes but do half skim milk and half water. The next goal won't be achieved so quickly but I'm loving watching that train heading for the station!

3. 66 kg

Food Sensitive

Postby Food Sensitive » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:23 pm

Well, not a good week for this little black duck! I've decided not to weigh-in as it won't achieve anything. Had a weak of sickness - kids and me. Milk-based shakes, lettuce leaves and the like aren't exactly what comes to mind when you feel like comfort food! Nevertheless, I'm back on track today. No desire to step on the scales for another week though. Coffee goal also not reached. I needed all the help I could get as I crawled out of bed or off a make-shift bed on the floor this week! (child with really bad croup). Unfortunately my nurse sister-in-law once told me that salt & vinegar chips were the best thing to clear yucky throats. Wish I'd forgotten that advice and stuck with hot lemon drinks. Hope I have the resolve to keep on track this week. HATE it when I slip up and head in the wrong direction. :(

3. 66 kg

Food Sensitive

Postby Food Sensitive » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:03 am

Ups and downs over the past few weeks. I managed to get back to my 74kg mark only to abandon my regime again. I'm hoping to stick at it from here on in. I don't have any eating-out events in the near future which alway seem to derail me. I gave up on the shakes for awhile as I was concerned that they were making my eczema worse. I've decided to give them another go but try to otherwise limit the foods I know will affect me - (ie high salicylate foods, coffee, nightshades...). Fingers crossed!

3. 66 kg

Food Sensitive

Return to Personal Progress