It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:01 pm

Free Newsletter

Ash's progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Ash's progress

Postby ~Ash~ » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:23 pm

hey everyone, thought i'd get on here and start sharing my progress. hmm.. where to start? well, my goal is to lose 20kg, from 82 down to 62.. i started really trying to lose weight about 2 months back, but the progress was slow-going.. i lost about 2kg over the first month and then lost 1kg per week for the next three weeks.. last week i really turned it up a notch and started being alot stricter with what i ate and tryin to do some exercise every day.. i lost 1.8 kg and weighed in at 75.2 kg last friday...

i know it's bad but i am one of those ppl who is addicted to the scales! :oops: i weigh myself every morning when i wake up as i feel it keeps me motivated.. i know all about the day-to-day fluctuations but my weight stays pretty much even most of the time..

this week though i have lost alot of weight.. i'm now down to 72.6.. i lost a kilo on saturday and another on sunday and .2 on both monday and today.. :!: :?:

this is rather weird, and a little scary..

:idea: i think it's due to my having my period last week (i always put on a couple of kilos during my period and lose it as soon as it's over) so i think i lost lots of weight last week but it didn't show up til the weekend.. i also figured out i've only been eating about 1000 calories per day (sometimes less... :shock: omg!).. i was pretty busy last week with study 4 my uni exams and i also went to the beach alot, which meant i didn't eat much (i kept forgetting to have lunch) and now it seems i'm used to the lack of food so i can't eat much without feeling really sick..

i'm pretty stoked with the weight loss :D but i don't think it could all be fat since it happened so quick :roll: .. i've been doing some exercise to try and keep my muscle, and i drink over 2L of water a day to make sure it's not water loss..

i've also been making sure that what i do eat is full of vitamins and whatnot (like yoghurt, fruit and oats 4 brekkie and meat and veg 4 dinner) plus i have vitamin c tablets every day and a multivitamin tablet once or twice a week.. :wink:

:? but i'm still a little concerned so i thought i'd see what everyone thinks..
Go team MAGENTA!!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
~Ash~

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:49 pm

hi ash

im not up on all the calorie counting - i wouldnt know where to start with it and not sure how it works etc. but there are a few people here who do and cant tell you whether 1000cals is good or not. you should have a squiz at the scales post from the other day and 'why the scales lie'. also periods can really make a difference to your weight as well. make sure that you eat properly and keep going with your water otherwise your body will go into starvation mode. other than that im sure the other guys will be able to add some comments. keep going though you will reach your goal in no time :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Mandie » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:03 pm

Hi Ash,

Good job on your weight loss so far!

1000 calories seems like not enough to me.. but it depends on your body weight and height and level of activity. I use the CalorieKing software to count calories, it's so easy to use and was well worth the money (http://www.calorieking.com.au).

We all lose weight at different speeds, and sometimes it seems to come off quicker than other times.. sometimes we don't realise the full bladder we have makes such a big difference!

I know you like weighing in every day, but honestly, weekly (or fortnightly or monthly even!) weigh-ins will give you a much more accurate idea of your weight loss. Day to day fluctuations can be as much as 2kg for normal women.

Good luck with your exams and evertyhing else!
Mandie

Postby Ally » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:36 pm

Good job Ash...although I agree with Mandie that 1000 Cal is very low. Your body will go into starvation mode if you don't consume enough calories each day and can often have the devastating effects of gaining weight. I think the minimum (help me out here someone..) is about 1200 calories, and that is usually when you are nearing your goal weight. I will do some checking and let you know what I find out, or there is bound to be someone on the forum that can let you know as well!! I think this may be a good one for Kim??

....I wish you all the best with achieving the goals that you have set out for yourself... well done.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:51 pm

Hi Ash

I feel 1000 is too low but ultimately you and your body are the best guide to that. I have read that 1200 is the minimum for females for the body to be able to get all the nutrition it needs, I'm just not sure how accurate that is. Personally I never went below 1200 but then I do a lot of exercise and soon found 1200 just wasn't enough either.

1.8kgs is a lot to lose in one week but certainly not unheard of and more common within the first 4-6 weeks I think. I had some pretty big losses within the first 4 weeks and then settled into a 1kg per week loss which got less again as I progressed. You're right it won't all be fat and your muscle is an important thing to maintain during this as it increases your metabolism, thereby, assisting in burning fat albeit indirectly. This is the reason both cardio and weights are usually mentioned as exercise for weight loss.

Kate put up an excellent posting called :arrow: why the scales lie that you might find interesting if you haven't read it already.

Hope this helps. Sing out if your confused or need more info.

Best of luck and let us know how you go. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby ~Ash~ » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:33 am

hey guys, thanks 4 all the help/suggestions and whatnot.. i upped my calorie intake to 1200 per day and i'm still drinking lots of water, which is pretty normal for me since that's all i ever drink, it's cheap, refreshing and non-caloric! what more could u ask for? lol.

anyways, i've been keeping active during my study breaks, making sure i walk around or dance to my stereo rather than just sit and watch tv (1 of my fave pass-times, lol)

i feel like i have so much more energy now i'm eating less, and making sure what i do eat is healthy.. i know it's odd to have more energy when i'm consuming less energy, but i feel bouncy and energetic, rather than bloated and sluggish like i do when i eat lots.. so i think the 1200 calories is good for me..

i went to the gym yesterday and found that i could actually run for over a kilometer at a time (a big acheivement for me - the world's worst/most uncoordinated runner, lol)
i say run when it's possibly jogging 4 other ppl.. my top sprinting speed is 10km/h, at which i feel like i'm gonna die, so i run at 9km/h on the treadmill..
i also did some weights and found that whilst i've dropped 10kgs pretty damn fast, my muscles are still as strong or stronger than they were b4 on all of my usual machines.. yay! so i think i can't have lost much muscle mass which is excellent..

last night i went shopping 4 some new clothes to wear out tonight, and i fitted into stuff i thought there was no chance of me fitting, so that was good.. my boyfriend came with me and said it was amazing how skinny my back and legs were looking as i was getting things of the racks, lol..

so today when i got up i decided to try on one of my fave skirts that hasn't fit in about 2 years.. and it fit great! i think it's only a size 12! but it is stretchy so i'm not really a size 12 for jeans and stuff just yet..

anyway, my loss for this week was 3.2 kg which i'm totally stoked about! :shock:

-ash :lol:
Go team MAGENTA!!!!
[/url]
~Ash~

Postby Ally » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:11 am

Image Ash that is fantastic!! You are doing really well and should be extremely proud of yourself.. I love reading about the way weight loss affects different people!! It is exciting isn't it when things that were too small/tight fit again it gives a great sense of achievement and the motivation to keep going!! Well done Ash!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby ~Ash~ » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:13 am

thanks ally! i'm so pleased with myself right now.. i'm gonna go to the beach and sunbake rather than do the washing.. lol..
Go team MAGENTA!!!!
[/url]
~Ash~

Postby Ally » Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:14 am

Enjoy yourself Ash...you have earned it!!! (The washing will be patiently waiting for you return...don't worry!!! LOL)
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:12 am

Well done ash! its also nice that your boyfriend is noticing it too, it always feels nice when people comment on how well you look. i hope that at some stage you feel comfortable to post some pics in the before and after section on the forum! enjoy your day at the beach :) its beautiful in newy today, we are heading there tomorrow for lunch at my inlaws. theyre at hamilton. keep up the great work :)
kate_turner2000

Postby alex_bilson » Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:12 am

hey ash- welcome to the board. Had a read over all your comments- and look forward to see how you go!!

You seem to have the right idea by keeping yourself informed and looking for info. Knowledge about food/ exercise is SUCH and important tool with weight loss I think, and this is SUCH a wonderful place to get it, as everyone pools in their little bits of info.

Massive congratulations on choosing a healthy way to lose weight- so many people, and close friends of mine, fall prey to fad diets and weight loss schemes and I cheer when I hear someone doin' the hard yards.

Just a note about the weights- how many weight sessions do you do a week, and does your gym have a pump class? Weighs are a fantastic asset to your work-out routine, coz they build muscle, which burns fat constantly. Pump classes are a great, fun place to do your weights :)

Anyway best of luck and I shall be checking in again soon :)

-Alex.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wXCD80z/]
[/url]
alex_bilson

Postby KimE » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:17 pm

Well done Ash looks like you are getting right on track and feeling the benefits. Keep up the great work.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby slimmindown » Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:34 pm

Ash, its great to have more energy isnt it amazing. The more exercise you do, the more energy you have, and the more exercise you want to do. Phewwww........what a workout........... :lol: :lol:
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby hushpuppy » Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:54 am

Good going ash . Well done and dosent it make it worth while when ur man give u great comments
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby ~Ash~ » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:31 pm

thanks everyone 4 all the kind words and encouragement! yeah, it's great when ppl start to notice the difference.. i'll see about posting sum photos soon, might have to have a look at mum's photo collection - i really don't think i have any full body shots of me though - i kinda avoid them and just go with close-ups of my face, lol..

alex, yeah my gym has all those workout classes that start with BODY-something.. u know, body attack, body pump, body balance.. etc.. but i just go to the weight room and do my own every time i go to the gym cos the classes are on at bad times for me.. it's pretty funny cos i lift heavier weights than my boyfriend on all the lower body/leg machines, although he absolutely kills me when it comes to arms and chest strength..

i went back home to my parent's place and went out with all my old friends from ballet last night and even they said i looked really good, lol.. so that was a pretty good boost for me, especially after eating one of my mum and dad's famous feasts for dinner..

back into the healthy food and exercise today though, i wanna get another good loss this week!

x ash
Go team MAGENTA!!!!
[/url]
~Ash~

Next

Return to Personal Progress