It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:53 pm

Free Newsletter

Kate (2's) progress!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Kate (2's) progress!

Postby Kylie » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:08 am

November 10, 2006

Ok, I have strated my exercise regime off slowly today. I did a little bit of a fitness video, however I am not feeling well today so I couldn't get thru it all :(
For breakfast I had a small tin of baked beans on toast and for lunch I had 3 rice caks with ham. I also had some chocolate -as I couldnt help myself :P
I have to work tonight so I have made a nice sald for tea -that way I dont get the urge to sneak up to the shops and buy hot chips, like all my other work mates do!
Kylie

Postby Mandie » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:16 am

Good on you Kate.. starting slowly with exercise is the way to go!

Just aim to get a little further on the video each time, and soon you'll be whizzing through it!

It's best to take it easy when you aren't feeling well - listen to your body!

Good luck with the salad tonight, enjoy it!
Mandie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:21 pm

good on you kate. one step at a time mate and you will see your ticker moving.
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:05 pm

Well done Kate, a good start. As Mandie says build up the exercise slowly don't expect to be turning cartwheels just yet.

Work on the food little by little and you will make it. One step at a time... :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Kylie » Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:52 am

Thanks guys. :D
I'm finding it hard to give up alcohol. When I get home from work, I like to have a beer or glass of wine most nights and I really want to stop that or cut it back to once or twice a week only.
And because I work nights, I feel weird not having dinner at home (as that's just what you do, walk in and eat dinner). So I am struggling with that. I do have dinner at work so it would be very bad if I came home at 10pm and had another dinner. Especially when I walk in and my husband says "Hey! I bought pizza, there's some left, want some?" Luckily I restrained myself last night (pat ont he back for me) but I had 3 glasses of wine instead (bad girl!).

I have wandered off the track. I used to be so disciplined and I could see my goal clearly ahead of me. Now I am all scattered and lost. I enjoy eating crap -until I feel terrible 10mins later :( wheraas before I would never touch it. I used to enjoy exercise and my fitness level was high. Now I feel obliged to go for a walk and I hate the thought of it (:() But once I am out there, I do enjoy it. It's just a daily struggle to get it done now, whereas before, I'd be up and out the door without a second thought.
Maybe you guys are right, maybe I need to start slowly. Maybe I should take a backstep and try to walk less -or do something different here at home (like my video) as I guess any little bit helps!

Feeling lost,
K.
Kylie

Postby Ally » Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:56 am

Hi Kate, I agree that it would be very hard with the night shift thing. Maybe try have a cook up and put your meals into single serves (less pizza temptation that way!!) Or alternatively have some fruit and yoghurt as 10pm is a little late to be eating a full dinner. (I don't know about you, but I feel really stodgy if I eat too late). With the wine thing....now don't throw the keyboard at me as it sounds like you like your wine, ok LOL.... Have you tried spritzing your wine 1/2 wine, 1/2 soda water?? If you like it that way it is a good way to have your three glasses of wine still, but with far less calories!! (I am not a real wine drinker so I dont know if that is sacrilege or not!!, but I read it in a mag!) HOpe this is some help to you!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Kylie » Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:03 pm

Thanks for the advice Ally. I'll give the soda water spritzer a go and see how it is. It might actually be nice! Why not give it a go, hey? I have nothing to lose, wait, just 16kg! :wink:

-I have changed my name to Kylie btw guys, so call me that from now on! :)

Today I went for a long bike ride and it felt good. However, I just had a chocolate sundae from maccas (smacks own hand!) but I am taking it slowly. A little bit at a time, including cutting out bad habits, as I don't want to jump into the deep end with this weightloss as I might try to rebel.

I can't wait to be 16kg lighter! I can't wait to be 65kg! I haven't been that weight since I was like 14 y.o.
When I think of being 65kg, it excites me! It motivates me to really try! I think this is it. I think I have just had that spark lit inside me to get it done! YAY! Go ME!

*runs off to eat a block of choclate to celebrate*

lol.
j/k.
Kylie

Postby hushpuppy » Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:26 pm

Good going K on the bike ride . yummy i love choc sundae but i always bypass maccas cause then i would have a big mac , cheese burger and large chips so we drive the long way

As for the choc celebration
ties K to the chair to stop her with the chocs hehe
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:58 pm

yeah dolly will have to get that boot out for the sundae!!jk

you have the right idea kylie, slow and steady wins the race ... or something along those lines :) best wishes on reaching your goal all in good time :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Mandie » Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:44 pm

Yep good on you kylie..

sometimes it can be REALLY overwhelming when we think of how much we have to change - exercise, drinking water, eating healthily, cutting down on alcohol... its SO much!

so it can be good to focus on ONE thing at a time...

like make exercise your focus for a week or two, make it a HABIT. then it is part of your life!

once you've mastered that, get to work on the other goals, one at a time..

before you know it, you're at goal weight, you're living a healthy lifestyle, and you haven't noticed a giant change because you did it so gradually!

And the best thing? You'll KEEP IT UP. Because it will then be a way of life!

Good luck!
Mandie

Postby KimE » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:47 am

Brilliant advice there Mandie.

Kylie try to keep that sense of excitement there if you can. I found that was one of the things that motivated me, the excitement of being smaller. On the day I managed to fit into a size 14 it was pretty exciting. How did I celebrate? Went to the gym and jogged for 20 mins then jumped on the cross trainer for 40 mins. I smiled and laughed the whole time as I knew this very action was what helped me get into the size 14. I felt like screaming out to everyone at the club "I just bought size 14 pants" LOL I was Big Kev excited!
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:56 am

hehehe Kim I would have just loved to have seen the looks on the other peoples faces if you had have done that!!!! (Big Kev excited..I like that one!!)
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:09 am

You should have seen me when I got into the size 10! I was in a motorcycle accessory store so a bit of a blokes world and here I am jumping up and down, clapping my hands and the lady from work with me was laughing and the guy is just oookaaaayyyyy, 2 nutty women here!
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:14 am

I would have love to have seen that one Kim!!! LOL. Just think you were no doubt the hot topic around the lunch room table that day!!! hehehheeh
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:21 am

they are wonderful achievements kim no wonder you were big kev excited!
kate_turner2000

Return to Personal Progress