It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:44 pm

Free Newsletter

Reclaiming health, fitness and confidence

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Reclaiming health, fitness and confidence

Postby Losing2day » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:46 am

Good morning,

Today is day 2 on my journey to lose over 40kg. Like most, I have lost and put on weight, each time achieving a new high. This is my final endeavour and if I do not succeed (which of course I will) I am going to look at surgical options. As I do not have private health insurance I will have to save the money first and I would rather spend it on a holiday. This is my motivation.

Last night I went for a walk and noticed how my fitness has suffered. I used to be able to walk 10km without an issue, last night 3km felt like 30, but this will get easier. I am following a basic reduced kilojoule diet with exercise and using the forum for peer support. Being 40yrs old and 40kg overweight was never a childhood dream and it amazes me that this has occurred.

So, keep posting because I love reading of others triumphs and enjoy the positive comments.

Trudy
SW 106.4kg 25/7/11
CW 98.2kg 5/9/11
1st Goal under 100kgs-reached 15/8/11
2nd Goal 95kg

GW end August 99kg-reached
GW end September 94kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1rsNkL/]
[/url]
Losing2day

Re: Reclaiming health, fitness and confidence

Postby Losing2day » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:26 pm

Rolling into day 3 of my plan for renewed health and fitness.

As you may notice, I have replaced food with the internet and yesterday spent a couple of hours reading other like-minded people's diarys. I really need the motivation to get through the first week where I am likely to just eat something out of habit.

Felt hungry last night but had eaten my allocated kilojoules, went to bed early to resist temptation. Managed to walk everyday and although I'm not loving it yet, don't absolutely hate it either. Surprising how the body adapts, the first day I was breathless and wondering if I was going to make it home. Today I knew I would make it home :D

Keep contributing to you pages as I really get a lot out of other peoples journeys.

Thanks for reading,
Trudy
SW 106.4kg 25/7/11
CW 98.2kg 5/9/11
2nd Goal 95kg

GW end September 94kg

[/url]
Losing2day

Postby Losing2day » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:32 am

Day 4!

Not quite as enthusiatic today, had a terrible night sleep last night, no reason, but it's made me feel a bit flat today.

Last night the hubby and kids had takeaway so I had a WW frozen meal. I don't know why I have these, I love the convenience of the frozen meals but they just don't satisfy me. I don't feel hungry afterwards but just looking for more.

So today I aim to just stay on track and get ready for the weekend.

Keep going,
Trudy
SW 106.4kg 25/7/11
CW 98.2kg 5/9/11
2nd Goal 95kg

GW end September 94kg

[/url]
Losing2day

Postby Losing2day » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:39 am

Strolling into day 5.

As you can see, my momentum slows dramatically but this time I have to keep going.....40 odd kilos, not a lot if you say it fast!

Did go for a 40 minute walk last night, was going to chicken out but my husband made me. He is walking with me at the moment and is fit and doesn't realise what an effort it is for me.... Must stop whinging, he is being supportive and hasn't mentioned going to the pub for tea for 5 days :D

So today will just flow like the others and I will stay away from my triggers foods and go for a walk. Back at work on Monday after holidays so time will be a little more restricted. Might get me off the internet for a minute or two :wink:

See ya round the traps,
Trudy
SW 106.4kg 25/7/11
CW 98.2kg 5/9/11
2nd Goal 95kg

GW end September 94kg

[/url]
Losing2day

Postby Losing2day » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:56 pm

Hi all,

Saturday and all my well laid plans have gone astray. Over my kilojoule allowance today, but didn't binge, which is pretty amazing for me :| Usually if I deviate in the slightest I just think I have stuffed it and eat like there is no tomorrow. However, there is a tomorrow and I will be within my allowance then.

Beautiful weather today but only went for a short walk. Awake at 4.30am and couldn't get back to sleep. I don't know why I am having trouble sleeping the last few nights. Back to work on Monday and perhaps that is playing on my mind.

Anyway, refocus tomorrow!

Trudy
SW 106.4kg 25/7/11
CW 98.2kg 5/9/11
2nd Goal 95kg

GW end September 94kg

[/url]
Losing2day

Postby Losing2day » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:02 am

Well, not a great weekend in terms of achieving weight loss. Completely lost it yesterday, no exercise and overate to the point of almost calling it a binge. It was certainly out of control, desperate eating! Today, back on track.

Week one down and I have recorded a loss of 2.6kg, could have been 3 I am sure if I was more controlled. But then it might have been a gain of 2.6kg if I had eaten as I normally do....can't keep doing the what-ifs....

Joining the end of August challenge and am aiming to be 99kg, or below 100kg if not 99kg. That would be a loss of 4.8kg in a month, achievable as I am only at the beginning of my journey and weight loss should be more dramatic.

Ok, must get on that treadmill shortly and start week 2 as I mean to finish it!
SW 106.4kg 25/7/11
CW 98.2kg 5/9/11
2nd Goal 95kg

GW end September 94kg

[/url]
Losing2day

Postby Fiftieschick » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:00 pm

Losing2day wrote: Usually if I deviate in the slightest I just think I have stuffed it and eat like there is no tomorrow.

Hi Trudy,

The above quote from your diary sounds exactly like me! My triggers are usually loneliness, stress, anger & sadness & I'll eat these feelings, or rather, 'binge' these feelings! :oops: And it's not that I'm truly hungry, I just eat!
I have my good days where I feel so strong & optimistic but then there will be days where I'll get off track & think, oh well, may as well eat what I want now as I've stuffed the whole day now! :x

Anyway, just wanted to say, good luck with your journey, I wish you much success! :D

Fiftieschick
Fiftieschick

Postby Losing2day » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:08 pm

Fiftieschick wrote:
Losing2day wrote: Usually if I deviate in the slightest I just think I have stuffed it and eat like there is no tomorrow.

The above quote from your diary sounds exactly like me! My triggers are usually loneliness, stress, anger & sadness & I'll eat these feelings, or rather, 'binge' these feelings! :oops: And it's not that I'm truly hungry, I just eat!

Hi Fiftieschick, I overeat at the same emotions but include happiness, lol!

I have had a good week, busy now I am back at work but at least it gets me off the internet :) Exercise has decreased, I am exhausted (an excuse?) but my eating has been normal.

Keep on plodding,
Trudy
SW 106.4kg 25/7/11
CW 98.2kg 5/9/11
2nd Goal 95kg

GW end September 94kg

[/url]
Losing2day

Postby Sassyt » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:33 pm

Keep going dear! I personnaly will be tailing ur progress! U can do this. There will b days when u will really stuff it up but the next day is always another day and u will just have to dust urself off and kkeep on going towards your goal! It is all worth the effort eventually!

I so much relate to u in more ways then 1. When I read ur thread I was like 'huh, I am not the only 1 after all' lol... One slip up 4 me means the whole day is stuffed! I yet 2 find a solution 2 that problem! - guess its best 2 forgive urself and carry on!

You have great so far! :) Big up 2 u!

Much love

SassyT
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby Losing2day » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:27 pm

Hi all,

Start of week 3

I have had a terrific week in terms of weight loss, an amazing 3.8kg gone this week. Back at work and being busy helps with good food choices. However, my exercise goals have not been reached, which is a little disappointing. I still haven't been for a walk today and I have resolved to walk DAILY!!

I have to keep this up for a long time and I know this initial weight loss is not sustainable, unfortunately. Need to be psychologically ready for a slowing in weight loss this week.

See ya all when I have a few minutes,

Trudy
SW 106.4kg 25/7/11
CW 98.2kg 5/9/11
2nd Goal 95kg

GW end September 94kg

[/url]
Losing2day

Postby CronicBadger » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:56 pm

Hi Losing2day

You've now built up some weight-loss momentum. ANY weight-loss is good, whether a small or large amount - it all adds up over the long term, so keep up the good work!
CronicBadger

Postby ganymede » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:16 pm

Wow Trudy, you are on fire! Keep up the amazing work and you will reach the success you are wanting! Yes, you will have bad days like everyone, we are only human ;) But the real challenge is getting back on the wagon the next day and keeping on moving forward. You are determined and I am certain you can make it!
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Losing2day » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:41 pm

Thank you all for the positive comments. It is so inspiring seeing others on the forum who have lost such large amounts of weight. I hope one day to be one of those people, just some days the journey feels like it is going to be so bumpy and long :)

Couple of days until weigh in.......
SW 106.4kg 25/7/11
CW 98.2kg 5/9/11
2nd Goal 95kg

GW end September 94kg

[/url]
Losing2day

Postby ganymede » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:20 pm

Can't wait to see how you go darl, keep us updated :)
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Losing2day » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:27 pm

Strolling into week 4 after a one kilo loss this week. As predicted the weight loss has slowed.

On a positive I have achieved my August goal, now to maintain that!!

No computer for a few days as the screen on my laptop has been busted by a 7 yr old, gotta love 'em!

See you around the traps,

Trudy
SW 106.4kg 25/7/11
CW 98.2kg 5/9/11
2nd Goal 95kg

GW end September 94kg

[/url]
Losing2day

Next