It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:21 pm

Free Newsletter

Reclaiming health, fitness and confidence

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Reclaiming health, fitness and confidence

Postby Losing2day » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:05 pm

I'm on here today as I feel my resolution slipping....

Should get my new computer today or tomorrow, bonus!

Things I need to improve on to make this journey a successful one, mostly exercise. Each week I pledge to exercise more and each week I can find new and more exciting excuses to sit on my butt!! This is changing.

Another trap I am falling into is the frozen, pre-prepared meals. I find them easy when everyone else is having a takeaway meal but find I am now having them for lunches instead of just making a salad sandwich or something simple. Apart from the expense, these meals don't provide the same satisfaction as a big, crunchy salad sandwich (mmmm, I'm hungry, can ya tell??).

Good things I am noticing... My sleeping has improved, not waking during the night with insomnia as much over the last week. Also, I am not thinking about food as much. Strange, but even though I had finished masses of food I would lie awake in bed thinking of what I could have the next day, fantasising!

Must go and make a salad sand. Thanks for listening,

Trudy
SW 106.4kg 25/7/11
CW 98.2kg 5/9/11
1st Goal under 100kgs-reached 15/8/11
2nd Goal 95kg

GW end August 99kg-reached
GW end September 94kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1rsNkL/]
[/url]
Losing2day

Postby Losing2day » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:26 pm

Started Week 5 today!

Good loss this week, down 1.4kg. Lost a total of 8.8kg in four weeks. Wouldn't it be an easier journey if I could pull numbers like that every month?!

I do believe my stomach capacity is getting smaller with the smaller meals. I realise it wouldn't take much to expand it again.

Formal exercise remains non-existant, although I am pretty busy at work at the moment.

Over the next four weeks I expect to get to 95kg and achieve my next mini goal. Going to read the inspiring stories of others now.

Cheers,
Trudy
SW 106.4kg 25/7/11
CW 98.2kg 5/9/11
2nd Goal 95kg

GW end September 94kg

[/url]
Losing2day

Postby Sassyt » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:51 pm

OMG Trudy you are doing good!!!! Well done to you my dear anything over 4KG in a month is a great effort! I am so proud of you!

I really would not mind loosing only a half of what you have lost for the coming month :lol:
Really this is impressive
Keep going! Soon you will start moving that can only be good for you
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby Losing2day » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:37 pm

Tonight I have lost control and binged.. :( I guess the last few weeks haven't been all that challenging with food as I've been so busy and just not that tempted, but this afternoon I just wanted to eat and eat, so I ate and ate and now I feel sick, sad and regretful! Stupid!!

It's not so much the food as the psychological feeling of failure and the hurdle to get back on track tomorrow. If I can get back on the wagon tomorrow I have the hope of repairing the damage done today by Mondays weigh in.

Okey dokey, tomorrow is a new, brighter, in control day!!
SW 106.4kg 25/7/11
CW 98.2kg 5/9/11
2nd Goal 95kg

GW end September 94kg

[/url]
Losing2day

Postby Losing2day » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:33 pm

So I have started off the day with lots of water and an egg and toast for brekkie. I'm going to make some chicken noodle soup for lunch (good for the soul?) and reflect on my accomplishments so far.

I would have loved to have reached the 10kg loss on Monday but sneaked a look at the scales today and have gained 200g from last Monday. I will prob gain a little more today with the fluid retention before my body responds to the restriction in energy again.

Once I reach a healthy weight I will have periods of overeating. Therefore, this is a part of my journey to learn from and respond to appropriately, getting back on the wagon and holding on tight!! Trying not to over-analyse my "pig out". Lost focus and didn't have a plan to intervene on my foodie thoughts.

Roll on Monday!
SW 106.4kg 25/7/11
CW 98.2kg 5/9/11
2nd Goal 95kg

GW end September 94kg

[/url]
Losing2day

Postby Downsizeme » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:08 pm

hey Trudy

I wrote a reply once but it's gone..lol..so here is take 2!

Your thread is a great read, honest and direct. Like Sassy, I can identify with you and the emotions you are going through - I also ate in happiness :lol: Any old excuse would do, right??

Anyway, I am re-starting, and will be watching your progress with interest, keep up the good work!!

DSM
Changing my life, one ounce at a time.

I started this journey on Feb 2 2010 and though I would like to be a size 5 by June, I am prepared to accept that it might take a bit longer :D

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wHHCsTy/]
[/url]
Downsizeme

Postby Losing2day » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:04 am

Thank you for your encouragement DSM.

Today my tracker moved up 100g :( , not surprising at all but disappointing that I couldn't get a grip on my scoffing. In summary, last week I ate within my kilojoule allowance for 4 days and completely over-indulged for 3 days which equals a weight gain!

This is the start of week 6 and somewhere there will be a September challenge. In 5 weeks I have lost 8.7kg, that is good, I just have to get back in the rythym of eating as required not because I want to. By the end of September I hope to weigh 94kg, a loss of 3.7kg in the four weeks. Very achievable.

I am accountable for what I eat. I am an adult with choices. I choose to lose weight!

Trudy
SW 106.4kg 25/7/11
CW 98.2kg 5/9/11
2nd Goal 95kg

GW end September 94kg

[/url]
Losing2day

Postby Losing2day » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:20 am

Ticker continues to move up and I continue to eat too much. What can I say? I know how to lose weight, definately know how to gain weight, I just have to address this issue and conclude whether I really want to lose weight or continue on my current upward spiral.

Feeling negative at the moment and will just spend the week getting off the sugar and fats again.

Trudy
SW 106.4kg 25/7/11
CW 98.2kg 5/9/11
2nd Goal 95kg

GW end September 94kg

[/url]
Losing2day

Postby Sassyt » Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:58 pm

Hey there Trudy *hugs*
I have been where you are atm more then a thousand times before and I can tell you right now the best thing you can do is to dust yourself off and move on. You know you are capable of loosing weight and you have all the right things to do in mind just take it as if you are starting afresh and just keep going.

I can tell you I have had thoughts of giving up over millions times in the past but boy am I glad I did not :)... Find your feet again and keep moving. You can only be proud of yourself if you do. Only a few people (if any) go through the weightloss journey without having days like yours. When all you want to do is eat, eat, eat and maybe you do end up eating what matters the most is your next action, Do you forgive yourself and jump back on the wagon or do you just give up and give? Its a lifetime battle hun just keep on going.

September has just began you can still make it to 94kg thats for sure!

I had a gain too this week but I will not let that stop me from my overall goal
Come sweetheart lets keep on going :)
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby Losing2day » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:04 pm

Thanks for the encouragement Sassy!

I am still not focused but have stopped the out of control binging and am eating more like a normal person.

I can't see myself reaching 94kg by the end of September but I am in damage control so that I don't finish September weighing more than I did at the end of August.

The bumping road of weight loss.....

Trudy
SW 106.4kg 25/7/11
CW 98.2kg 5/9/11
2nd Goal 95kg

GW end September 94kg

[/url]
Losing2day

Postby HappyGirl83 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:46 pm

Well done for the loss you have had so far! It definitely does break your heart to have to add to your ticker and see it increase instead of decrease. It has happened to me a lot. My best advice (and I know you know this) but get back on track ASAP. The first step is always the hardest, whether it is the beginning of the journey or after a little hiccup along the way. Once you can get back into the swing of things it does become easier. Try not to beat yourself up for it, accept it happened and maybe look at why it happened. Were you feeling emotional? Not enough sleep the night before? Stress? I have found, working out what my triggers are, I can work out how to avoid the dreaded binge/don't give a crap moments.
My journey so far...

Sick and tired of wasting my 20's being fat!!
HappyGirl83

Postby CronicBadger » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:06 pm

Where are you, Trudy? If you're currently off the wagon, then hurry up and get back on it - it's just in front and easy to catch up to it!

Setbacks are to be expected, but the only way they can be overcome is to keep forging ahead, no matter what. Eventually, enough correct decisions can be made that they will overwhelm and cancel out the bad ones.
CronicBadger

Previous

Return to Personal Progress