It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:37 am

Free Newsletter

MissE's Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

MissE's Progress

Postby MissE » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:10 am

Well here we go again!
I'm 98kg, 164cm, and miserable! So its time to get off this overly large butt and do something about it.
My weight loss history is long and sordid. Until I was about 15 I was underweight. Not because I tried to be, just coz I was a fussy eater and turned vegetarian in protest to having to disect something at school. That lasted for almost a year, right up til |I got to christmas and realised that christmas without turkey was like a birthday without cake.
I started stacking it on, and by the time I was 17 I was 100kg. Joined WW with my Mum and lost a bunch of weight, I think I got down to about 70. Se-sawed for ages until I moved to the Gold Coast and up there I lost weight until I was around 60kg (ah the blessings of being young enough to dance all night and not think anything of not having a car and walking 5km to work and back every day!)
Alas, when I moved home to Adelaide to go to uni I had a car, lived with my folks, and had no friends and started comfort eating. In the last 3 years I have balooned to 95+kg and on 3 separate occasions lost weight to get down to around 75kg. Put it all back on again though!

So here I am again, 3 pages behind the starting line and determined to not only lose my weight but keep it off.
I hate not being about to shop in 'normal' shops.
I hate being the fat girl in my group of friends.
I hate my feet aching when I have to stand for more than a few minutes.
I hate not being able to wear skirts coz my thighs rub together and give me a rash.
I hate that 80% of my clothes are in storage because they dont fit.
i hate looking at myself in the mirror.

So thats it! I have the support of my partner, who also wants to lose weight. I have a gym membership, and the knowledge to make this work. And I have motivation.
So here goes!!

Current Weight: 98kg
Total Loss: 0kg
Goal Weight 63kg
Left to lose: 35kg
Week 1
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:08 am

you can do it elyn! remember its more about the change of lifestyle than a diet as such. make informed decisions about exercise and food intake which you can uphold for life and you probably wont put all the weight back on after you lose it. it sounds like you have a supportive partner and im looking forward to seeing your results :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:21 am

I agree with Kate, Elyn, you CAN do this!! It is hard work as you know, but with determination you will get there and keep it off this time! I know what it is like to lose the weight and stack it back on again over and over. Keep reviewing your goals that you have written down here as a good motivation to keep going and sit down with a pen and paper and write down the reasons you overeat at times...I found this helps as you are then better equipped to deal with these emotions when they pop up.

If you would like to get a ticker you will find the instructions in the INTRODUCTIONS section under how to copy and paste a ticker graph.
Last edited by Ally on Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:53 am

Thanks Elyn for sharing some personal info with us it is appreciated.

Your approach and plan sounds good and if you've done it before you can certainly do it again. Take it slow and steady to make sure you are cementing your new habits so you can continue them once you've lost what you want to. Stay focused and you will do it.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby slimmindown » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:28 am

Good luck with your new lifestyle Elyn, it is certainly a different mind set that is needed to keep off the weight isnt it, sounds like you have found it and I look forward to seeing all your results in the coming weeks :lol: :lol:

[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby MissE » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:36 pm

Thankyou for your replies!
It certainly looks like I have the losing weight bit down but its the keeping it off that I've never mastered! So I'm going about it a different way this time, I'll eat a little more, lose a little slower and change my habits rather than go gungho flat out until i just cant restrain myself anymore and fall off the wagon and into a ditch!

I think thats the hard part for me, I'm an all or nothing kind of girl. Not one chocolate, the whole box. OR not just healthy eating, but compulsive obsessive 'dieting'. I need to learn moderation!
MissE

Postby Hayley » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:46 pm

Hi Elyn, it is so good to hear that you have the support of your partner to help you along in this journey. Your plan sounds great and you seem to be evry determined, so that will definitely help to keep the weight off once you've lost it. I wish you all the best.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby ~Ash~ » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:54 pm

hi elyn,

:) good luck with your weightloss mission! i know exactly what u mean about the all or nothing attitude - i'm very much like that myself and have pretty only had two settings - continually losing weight on ridiculously strict diets or eating loads of unhealthy foods, not exercising and stacking all the weight back on..

it's hard to make the change to a healthy lifestyle with moderation, but u can do it!
i look forward to seeing how u go

~ash
Go team MAGENTA!!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
~Ash~

Postby Mandie » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:56 pm

Hiya!

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

I think you definitely have the right idea this time - slow and steady is the key!

The main thing - think constantly about what you are doing, and at the end of the day, think, can I keep this up? You might lose heaps of weight by exercising 4 hours a day and eating only lettuce leaves, but can you honestly keep that up for life? And is that even healthy? (Doubtful, and No!)

So make small, gradual lifestyle changes, feel the weight come off slowly and adjust to your new figure. Then, one day, you'll wake up, and you've not only lost the weight, but you've kept it off for years to come, and you're a much healthier person because of it!

best of luck! :D
Mandie

Postby MissE » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:46 am

Day 1 down!
I did pretty well. snacked alot in the evening, but on good stuff for the most part (are pistachios 'good'?) and I always feel better when day 1 is down.
Today will be interesting, i start my new job at 9:30, work til 5 then start my old job at 6 and work til 9! what a day! but at least ill be too busy working to eat. the challenges for the day are to eat something good for lunch, should be easy as there is a sushi place 2 doors down from work, and to try not to pick and nibble at work tonight!
the boy is off to the U2 concert tonight so ill be all on my lonesome when i get home, so its a quick and easy meal tonight!
late night eating is something i cant avoid, unfortunately. with the hours i work im starving when i finish work because the last chance i had to eat was at 5. I just try not to eat anything too heavy or carb rich.
MissE

Postby KimE » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:58 am

Well done Elyn.

Most nuts are good for you so long as you watch the serving size. Pistachios have a good amount of protein and are low in carbs and sugar, low in salt unless it is added but they have a lot of fat which is why you need to watch the serving size. It is, however, 'good' fats with very little saturated fats. Serving size usually 25-30grams. So good if your having a few, bad if your having a bowl full.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby MissE » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:01 am

thanks KimE :D I only had maybe a handful, I guestimate 45g? if that. so it should be ok...
MissE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:02 am

well done elyn sounds like you have made some plans and i bet you feel great after your first day :) it can only get easier from here on in! best wishes for your new job.

p.s. my sister and her hubby live in cairns and they could only get tickets to the adelaide show so they have flown down to adelaide for the u2 concert! lol.
kate_turner2000

Postby hushpuppy » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:49 pm

Hey Elyn . Good luck on the journey . We all started somewhere and the girls and guys are great motivators and supporters . U can do it mate
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby MissE » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:48 am

Kate - hope your sis and bro in law had a great time last night! I hear the show was fantastic!!

Well I had my first day at the new job and went great until my pub job in the evening. Chocolate (3 pieces) and chips :(
That hot chip bowl is my nemisis!!

Tonights plan is to stay in the bar, and out of the kitchen!!
MissE

Next

Return to Personal Progress