It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:06 am

Free Newsletter

Yummy Mummy challenge

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Yummy Mummy challenge

Postby ElleVB » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:14 pm

Hi everyone,

I am new to this site and new to dieting and weight loss in general. Three months ago I gave birth to my second child, a beautiful baby boy :D , But am now struggling to loss my pregnancy weight gain. I am currently 65kg (10kg heavier than my pre-pregnacy weight) and have not lost a single gram of fat in the past 2 months. I have become depressed and angry with myself and feel I need to be proactive and responsible in losing this extra weight. I am also breastfeeding, so I need to lose this weight in the healthiest possible way, without compromising nutrition or being too calorie restrictive.

Goals: 1. Lose 10kg
2. Eat a healthy and clean diet eliminating processed foods
3. Feel fit and confident
4. Set a good example and eating habits for my 2yr old daughter

In order to achieve my goals I am going to attempt to make lifestyle changes to lose the weight. I am going to try to do more exercise and eat healthier. I personally tend to lack self control and motivation so I will try to post a daily log of my food, exercise and emotional state to try and keep me on track and accountable.

Wish me luck!!!

Re: Yummy Mummy challenge

Postby Shay » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:42 pm

Good luck! I was 75kgs post baby in Dec. I didn't lose anything till around April (mainly because I wasn't trying, life was difficult enough!), and I'm 66-67 kgs right now. I still have about 10 to go :)
Had my baby girl Leah on 13/12/10!

Weight at 40 weeks: 81.5kg
SW 4 days post-baby: 74.4kg
CW: 67kg

1st mini goal: 72kg - DONE!
2nd mini goal: 70kg - DONE!
3rd mini goal: 67kg - DONE!

4th mini goal: 64kg

Re: Yummy Mummy challenge

Postby priteshppt » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:47 pm

Congratulation for beautiful baby............

One of the first thing new moms notice after having a baby is the fact that they may still look several months pregnant for awhile after giving birth. This is absolutely normal. Remember, you had a baby in there for nine whole months.
Though you may be eager to jump into a workout program or diet, easing into light exercise is crucial for keeping your body safe and injury-free. Even the fittest moms may have trouble getting back to exercise. After all, having a baby is a major ordeal and something you'll need time to recover from. You'll need clearance from your doctor and, depending on what kind of birth you had, it may be 4 to 8 weeks before you can engage in serious exercise.

Breastfeeding can help you lose weight, requiring an extra 500 calories from you a day and helping reduce some of the fat you gained during pregnancy. If you do breastfeed, make sure you're giving your body the fuel it needs for that extra energy demand. Now isn't the time to go on a diet; restricting your calories too much can reduce your milk supply, and losing too much weight (more than two pounds a week) can actually release toxins that wind up in your milk.

The good news is, you can still exercise if you're breastfeeding. Studies show that moderate exercise won't affect milk production as long as you're giving your body enough calories.

Return to Personal Progress