It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:49 pm

Free Newsletter

Week 1: Day 1.

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Week 1: Day 1.

Postby apasanova » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:45 am

When I wake up, it will be Day 1.

I keep bouncing back from training programs - I start, do well, make progress, then have an off day, which turns into an off weekend, which turns into an off week... and we're back to where I started!

I've chosen a 12-week training program from BodyBuilding.com, similar to a program my boyfriend is doing - hopefully he can keep me in check! I'm determined to keep at it. I've decided to do an 8 week half-marathon training program at my local gym as well. Keeping my to my diet will be the hardest part - I find it so hard to stay on task.

My biggest weakness is chocolate. I can't get enough of it. I can easily eat a block - or two! - in one sitting. I went without any for a month or so and found myself no longer craving it, but then I had it a few days in a row and I'm back at square one.

So, I'm trying to decide if I should have one or two squares a few times a week to curb my craving, or say a flat out no and not have any - hence, stopping cravings after a couple of weeks.

I'm not sure I have the self-control to say no if I have little bits at a time, but I know it'll only be time until I binge again..

I'd love suggestions!

I'm hoping that being part of this forum will also encourage me. I've never taken this step to weight loss, so hopefully its a good one for me!

As well as my 12-week training program I'll be adding gym classes to my weekly routine as well, and my new half-marathon training sessions.

Hopefully I can keep motivating myself: 12 weeks, here I come!
apasanova

Re: Week 1: Day 1.

Postby Metalcharm » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:42 am

My biggest weakness is chocolate. I can't get enough of it. I can easily eat a block - or two! - in one sitting. I went without any for a month or so and found myself no longer craving it, but then I had it a few days in a row and I'm back at square one.

So, I'm trying to decide if I should have one or two squares a few times a week to curb my craving, or say a flat out no and not have any - hence, stopping cravings after a couple of weeks.

I'm not sure I have the self-control to say no if I have little bits at a time, but I know it'll only be time until I binge again..

I'd love suggestions!

I gave up smoking a few years ago and when I started my diet I went at it with the same attitude. Eating crap was what got me into trouble in the first place so I had to cut it out completely. You don't give yourself a smoke to curb cravings or as a reward for not smoking all week. The idea is to stop it completely. That's just the way I handled it but we're all different.

Good luck with your plan!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby apasanova » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:36 pm

Thanks, you're right. No more chocolate! At all!

Day 1 was great: 60 minutes of pump, 60 minutes of step and then 30 minutes weight training for my 12-week program.
Signed up and paid for my Half-Marathon program! Bit scared.

Haven't eaten so great because it's been my grandmothers birthday and I made her sponge cake and we had a big lunch together, but I feel I've made some fairly healthy choices.

Feeling motivated: looking forward to day two!
Again, hoping to do pump, combat and my 30 minutes weight training.
Aaaand hopefully get lots of study done too.

also hoping no one minds if I use this thread as my interactive blog!
apasanova

Postby apasanova » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:35 pm

So I've realised that today's food has gone down the drain, but I'm still pleased by the exercise I did this morning.
Tomorrow the food will be seriously controlled, absolutely no chocolate.
Unfortunately next weekend I'll be going on a holiday for the two days so food will be difficult to monitor, and my partner and I had been planning to allow ourselves a treat weekend.
I am determined to moderate these 'treats' and certainly not go over board.
Until then: 100% perfect dieting.
And absolutely no chocolate!
apasanova

Postby alex19 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:15 pm

Hi apasanova.
I have just started my new healthy diet plan.
I also have the same addictions to chocolate. :roll:
I would have my binge days on the weekend but then i couldnt stop
my self from eating the whole block so i decided to cut out junk food all
together until i lose 10kg for this summer.
Its going to be hard to eat fresh fruit and veges but im determined. :)
ImageImage GOAL WEIGHT DATE 4/12/11
alex19

Postby apasanova » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:16 am

How is no chocolate going for you?!

I had my first piece today: I was given two twin freddo's, and managed to eat only one half of the twin pair!
Felt good.

However tonight I had my first downfall!
I finished work at 11:30pm, was hungry.... and someone had brought cakey things home. Instead of eating the whole thing i pulled off the bits that looked good and threw the rest out. But still much too many! AND I ate chocolate cookies.

Calculators tell me that I burn 2100ish calories per day through general activity. I went to the gym today and did weights for half an hour and cardio for half an hour so hopefully I can maintain the same weight regardless.

Naughty.
apasanova

Postby apasanova » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:12 am

Scratch that, have gone over my calories burned and am now getting angry with myself!
Going to get up earlier tomorrow to increase my run to 60 minutes instead of 40. Also have 1200 calories consumed planned for tomorrow, rather than aiming for 1500.

Tomorrow is a new day. And I must be sensible.
apasanova

Postby apasanova » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:39 am

So I have discovered that its not just chocolate that I will binge on - last night was chocolate chip cookies.
I try to keep my calorie count at 1500 consumed per day to regulate my weight loss: yesterday I consumed 2750! Eek!
So this morning I went for an hour and 20 minute jog (probably a third was spent fast pace walking) to try and make up for it, for which I would assume I burnt approximately 700 calories - enough to make yesterday's calorie count at a 'weight maintaining' level. So Hopefully I don't gain anything from yesterday's binge!

This afternoon I'm determined to do a spin class for 60 minutes (yuck!), and count that as my work out for TODAY's calories! Which I have calculated as approximately 1200: much better!

I'm really hoping that it will work to.. 'carry over' and burn my calories from last night to this morning - there is about 6 hours difference.

I'm glad that I'm compensating for the bad eating and not just saying 'oh well, it's done now'.
apasanova

Postby alex19 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:56 pm

I slipped up on tuesday had afew maltesers and oreo cookies not like me,
i usually have my treat day on saturday and the rest of the week eat healthy.
You should set aside one day in the week to have a treat day otherwise you will go crazy.
At least you are exerciseing to balance it.
ImageImage GOAL WEIGHT DATE 4/12/11
alex19

Postby apasanova » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:46 pm

So.. I went interstate this weekend and had expected to eat badly and was prepared to do so.
I had a great weekend and didn't mind that I'd put on a few kilos (yuck), because I enjoyed every second.

But now I'm back.
I started my half marathon training this morning and was doing great.. back to eating well. But then pigged out on lollies and cookies all night, in fact that was dinner and afternoon tea and dessert...
SO, quite frustrated with myself now. I need to eat well as of this second, tomorrow 100% back on track.

Under 1500cal per day.

Very frustrated with myself, seems like I'm always having to 'start again'.
apasanova

Return to Personal Progress