It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:26 pm

Free Newsletter

The Caveman Diary

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

The Caveman Diary

Postby caveman » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:21 am

Hi everyone,

I have been up and down for a long time and I just have to get serious. I have decided that each day I will write down my weight in the morning. That night I will write down what I have eaten and what exercise I have done. I know it sounds a bit extreme but I just have to do something and today is the start of my new journey!

DAY 1

Weight: 113.1 kg
caveman

Postby Ally » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:26 am

HI Caveman it is great that you want to get serious (as you put it!!) about losing weight, but I would advise against getting on those scales everyday as it can lead to dissappointment!! Trust me, I know!!! Our weight fluctuates from day to day and so it may go up one day and then go down the next. Once a week is great, but if you feel the need to get on every day then that is up to you, but don't be disheartened if you are eating really well and the scales go up, ok???

Feel free to ask questions if you get stuck or just need general advice!!!

Food diaries are great and I feel they keep us accountable as we can't accidentally forget about the mars bar we had for a snack!! Writing it all down is a great way to actually visualise what we are eating each day/week and it also allows us to review it and see where we need to make changes or additions....Well done mate!

WE are all right behind you here!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:35 am

hi caveman

believe in yourself mate and you can achieve anything :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Hayley » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:24 am

BEst wishes Caveman! You can do it - we believe in you!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby Mandie » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:19 pm

Best of luck!

I agree with Ally - for sure, write your daily food and exercise but it might be best to leave the weigh-ins to at most weekly - we have so many daily fluctuations that they are not always the best guide!
Mandie

Postby caveman » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:37 pm

Not a good start!

Breakfast was 2 weet bix and a small glass of juice.

Lunch was 99% fat free chicken noodles with 2 slices of bread

Tea was 2 boiled egg and lettuce rolls.

The problem is after tea where I had.

A small cup of chocolate mousse
A Cherry Ripe
A small jam donut.
An ice break.

We are really gearing up for Wednesday and that is shopping day which means none of the junk food will be in the house.

The positive for today was I did have a hit of tennis as exercise and for the first time in a long time I have drank over 2 litres of water. I was on the loo most the day! :D
caveman

Postby Ally » Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:02 am

Yeah mate water will do that to ya!! LOL. But that means that it is flushing through your system. Kate has posted some great topics on the benefits of water, she might be able to direct you to where they are hiding on the forum...

Don't stress too much about what you ate last night. As you said you are shopping on Wednesday, so you will make sure that no junk enters the house!!! I always make sure that I have frozen veg in my freezer, that way I know that if I have had a "day" and don't feel like preparing anything, I know that I am still getting my veges!!

Keep going Caveman!!!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby ~Ash~ » Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:30 am

Good luck caveman! Make sure you don't have all that junk food around to tempt you and you'll do fine! Good luck
Go team MAGENTA!!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
~Ash~

Postby MissE » Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:38 am

Keep going caveman!! I too weigh myself every day, even though I shouldnt. you just have to remember not to beat yourself up if you dont lose, or even gain from day to day as it is just your bodies natural way to fluctuate..
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:23 am

lol um... yeah the benefits of water are... somewhere on the forum.... i think its in the food section somewhere? i dunno~! lol.

never fear caveman :) focus on the positives from yesterday :) you know what the negatives were and you know that they arent going to help your weightloss so you know where to go from here :) i like watching tennis :) esp. the australian open
kate_turner2000

Postby caveman » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:42 am

DAY 2

Weight: 112.1 kg

Thanks for everybodies support and yes I do realise that weighing myself daily doesnt mean that I lose weight but it is a system that I would like to try for motivation. If it gets too annoying then I will just change it!

Gotta go and drink some water! :D
caveman

Postby Ally » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:47 am

You can weigh every day if you like mate, it is purely up to you!!

Water, water everywhere!!! Oh yes you will never be able to look at water again in the same way!!!! LOL. Everytime you walk past a tap you will be thinking..."have I drunk enough, maybe I should just have another one!!!" :lol:
[/url]
Ally

Postby Ally » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:53 am

Hey Caveman here are some of the articles on water if you want to do some light reading!!!

General Discussion :arrow: Water and Weightloss
:arrow: Water Water everywhere

Home Grown Tips :arrow: Daily Water Intake
[/url]
Ally

Postby caveman » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:16 pm

well today I said goodbye to a couple of old friends. KFC, chocolate and lollies! :evil:

Breakfast was 2 weetbix and juice

Lunch was 2 rolls. 1 egg and 1 meat and cheese.

Have snacked on some lollies and chocolate but the house is now empty of them and I wont be buying any at shopping tomorrow!

Had some KFC for tea and I will not be having anymore for a long long time!

I drank heaps of water again and tomorrow is when I am all out of excuses! :wink:
caveman

Postby Ally » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:03 pm

well today I said goodbye to a couple of old friends. KFC, chocolate and lollies!
Mate they are the friends that you don't want hanging around...think of them as bad company like a fluff in an elevator!!! Say hi to your new best friends, Sally salad sanga, and fresh fruit freda!!! Much better mates to hang with!!! LOL. :P

One thing that I have found helpful is that I have a treat meal/day once a week if I want to and this enables me to have a feed of KFC or chocolate etc without feeling guilty about it. I have still managed to lose weight by using this method. Just thought I would share that with you!!!

Have fun shopping tomorrow!!
[/url]
Ally

Next

Return to Personal Progress