It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:02 pm

Free Newsletter

The Caveman Diary

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby Mandie » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:04 am

Good on you!

Small amounts of chocolate and lollies are okay, but I have never eaten KFC (yes, seriously!), I just can't bring myself to do it, its so gross!! :shock:
Mandie

Postby KimE » Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:46 am

Best of luck with this caveman and though I don't like the idea of the weigh in everyday I can see where you are coming from and if it helps to keep you motivated then keep it up. I think it's all part of being accountable and that can be a big driver.

Not buying the junk food should be a big help too. Not having it in the house is definitely the way to go.

You do need to get serious to lose weight that's what I have found. It takes commitment and effort but if you stick with it you will get there. Oh and well done on drinking the water it can really make a difference.

Good luck and sing out if you have any questions or need any help.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby caveman » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:42 am

DAY 3

Weight: 112.3 kg

I can feel a good day coming on!
caveman

Postby MissE » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:46 am

You go, caveman!!!
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby ~Ash~ » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:59 am

good luck caveman! i know what u mean about KFC.. it's my favourite and i used to get it at least once a week at home cos my whole family loved it!
but i moved out with my bf who is a bit of a health nut and doesn't really like take-away so i've probably only had it 4 time this year.. i miss it but i know how much healthier i am by not having it.. (especially considering i always got a large.. man that's alot of fat!)
Go team MAGENTA!!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
~Ash~

Postby hushpuppy » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:14 pm

Great going caveman
I here ya when u had to say goodbye to the KFC and lollies
I had to go into my corner store and say " hope u are gonna get more people in da shop cause u not getting my money apart from milk n bread and the daily paper lol
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby caveman » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:06 pm

Ok no junk food but still could be better.

Breakfast: Egg and bacon on toast

Lunch: I sort of forgot as I was busy shopping. I was still full from the breakfast!

Tea: We had a counter meal and I had rissoles and bacon with a few chips.

Have drunk some water but probably not enough.

Thanks everyone for the kind messages!
caveman

Postby fiona » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:44 pm

Hi Caveman, your goals are terrific. Your body will be saying thankyou thankyou in a couple of months time!!! I put lots of messages to myself around the kitchen, i find it helps remind me of my goals.
KFC is not one of my favourite foods, but mine is bread at the moment :oops: just when i thought i'd got back on the wagon, a bag of nice fluffy white rolls arrived and you know what comes next.......... The only saving grace is that i still did my exercise and drank over 2 litres of water.
See ya around
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNxsd9O/]
[/url]
fiona

Postby caveman » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:00 am

DAY 4

Weight: 112.8 kg

Have all my meals well planned today and exercise so should be my best day so far! :wink:
caveman

Postby Ally » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:17 am

Great going there Caveman....they say that planning is one of the most important aspects of weight loss!!! Keep going mate!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:47 am

thanks for updating us caveman. planning works for a lot of people :) well done :)
kate_turner2000

Postby slimmindown » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:08 am

Planning is certainly one of my main weightloss keys, good luck with yours for today caveman 8)
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby caveman » Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:54 pm

Well you can plan but things change and I didnt adapt well.

Breakfast: 2 weetbix and juice.

Lunch was meant to be Yoghurt at home as my wife was going to be scrapbooking. I came home from work and her scrapbooking had been cancelled so we went up the street to look at xmas presents for our boys. We got lunch in the food court and instead of being smart and getting a salad roll......I got chips and gravy! :roll: I also had a choccollo shake from Wendys which is the 99% fat free one.

Tea was going to be a salad but my son came home and had been bullied at school. We ended up getting some fish and chips and I had 2 steamed dims and 2 potato cakes. It was hard but I didnt have any chips!

I did 20 minutes on the treadmill which was a combination of walking/jogging. I completed 2 kms!

Tomorrow is another day! I just have to learn to deal with change.

A question off topic but if anyone here is christian and is happy to talk about it can they send me a private message?
caveman

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:31 pm

Hi caveman, we all have days like that so keep your chin up! you are getting there. sorry to hear your son had been bullied. its a shame that bullying still occurs especially with the anti bullying things in place at school (which we didnt have when i was at school) but i suppose no matter how many things they put in place it will always occur- if not at school then in society. im church of england actually but im sure there are a variety of different religions here and perhaps someone will PM you for a chat about your religion :) best wishes caveman i enjoy reading your progress :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:32 pm

We are going through some tough times with our son too Caveman, he has gone from being bullied to starting to be the bullier and we are just at a loss...the school is great and they have been sending home daily reports, but it really gets you down sometimes...our little fellow is only 7 (one of a twin), and he is not a bad kid, but he has put up with so much in his short time at school it is really starting to take its toll on us as parents!! We had to change schools back in May and that was traumated in itself... now there seems to be some kids that are stirring up a hornets nest where he is now. The only thing you can do as a parent is advise them and be there to comfort them and beat a track to his principal and teacher's door....we have a worn and weary path to ours...if the teachers refuse to act then it is better in the long run to look for a school with a behaviour management policy that they actually enforce!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress