It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:55 am

Free Newsletter

~ BBella's Progress Diary ~

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby ~Ash~ » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:07 am

wow, 3.5 kg in 3 weeks! great going Bella, with all this exercise you'll be at goal before you know it!

So u can walk on a treadmill at 7km/h? man, my top running speed is 10km/h lol.. at 7 i have to sort of jog.. i'm quite a horribly unco runner..

you're doing great - keep it up!
Go team MAGENTA!!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
~Ash~

Postby KimE » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:55 am

7kms is a great walking speed well done. Get comfortable with the walking as that is a fairly fast pace and you should be fine with the running. Start it at about 8kms per hour to get the feel of it before increasing if you feel you can. I was worried about falling off the thing too but so far never have. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Mandie » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:19 am

Good on you!! Great work with the treadmill, like the others said, that's fantastic.. really fast walking!

I know what you mean with the dancing - I used to avoid clubs like the plague! Now, however.. I dance my butt off anyway, just because it's so much fun.. when you gain more confidence as you lose the weight and become healthier and happier with your body, you will love it too!
Mandie

Postby bbella » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:54 pm

well another 2 days and its weigh in day for me. im hoping for a loss since ive started the gym but i was a tiny bit naughty this week.

MY NAUGHTY WEEK
on friday i had 3 slices of vege pizza, saturday a slice of boston mud cake and today i had a nandos wrap meal with 4 tenderlions.

I shouldve have at max had 2 slices of pizza, 1/2 the slice of mud cake and just the wrap and ice tea, but i guess everyone gives into temptation sometime.

at least i tried to work it off yesterday and today. i finally got the courage to
run on the tread mill.

im doing 2mins of level 9 running and then 2 mins on level 6 fast walk. trying to have a full 15mins like that and then fast walking the next 15 mins on level 7. :)

also what makes things worse if having the totm. :cry: got it this morning and didnt feel like going to gym but when i started eating a bit of nutella on the couch, i was like 'what am i doing? i should go and work off this fat because weigh ins on wednesday!' so i packed my self and went to gym. :D

staying at home sometimes tempts me to sit at the comp or tv and eat. very bad, now i think if i have spare time ill go for a walk or gym.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wUYMqW8/]
[/url]
Starting weight-95kgs[31.7BMI]
Wk1-93.5
Wk2-92.5
Wk3-91.5
Wk4-90.5
Wk5-88.5
Wk6+7-89.5
Wk 8 - 88.5
bbella

Postby Ally » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:43 pm

Yes you are right bella we all give to temptation sometime!! The important thing is you are exercising and back to eating well now. It only becomes the problem when we allow it to become part of our daily lives again!! Good on you for having some yummy food, but just getting right back to it!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:30 am

hi bella

hmmm ttotm sucks! i just finished mine and still feel blah! never mind about those temptations. theyre in the past. :)
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:12 am

Nice work Bella on getting yourself out to the gym. If I tell myself in the morning I am not going to do any exercise that is usually the day I need to kick myself and make sure I go. I always make sure I go during ttotm as it is usually the time I don't want to.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby hushpuppy » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:38 pm

Well done bella for going to the gym . I know how u fel about tttm . I am like a bear with a sore head and just want to crawl back in bed
Good going
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby bbella » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:36 am

again i forced myself to go to the gym. :) well today didnt feel like making food so i got 2 original chicken burgers and a coke. i know...very bad but when its ttotm you feel like crap. at least im not eating the mud cake in the fridge :lol: dont worry, ill be in the gym tonite working off my fat arse.this week im going to try harder not to eat fatty foods, but i didnt start off well... damm KFC down the road :evil:

well even after my naughty week... i still lost a kilo. now im 90.5kgs! so almost 5kgs lost! yeppe! so by week 5 [next week] ill be hopefully in the 80's!!!
well ive also decided to do the 3month challenge on the site from 1 Dec 06 to 28 Feb 07. My aim is to lose more then 10kgs. hopefully if im going at 1kg a week, i should lose 12kgs, but we'll see what happens.

it will be so cool to be at 80kgs :wink: then 75 and then 70kgs!
[/url]
Wk1-93.5
Wk2-92.5
Wk3-91.5
Wk4-90.5
Wk5-88.5
Wk6+7-89.5
Wk 8 - 88.5
bbella

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:48 am

hi bella
damn kfc! makes me want it now! lol. never mind start of another week. looking forward to seeing how you progress in the new challenge. keep up the great work :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Groovychic » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:41 pm

Well done Bella. It took me a while before I got up the courage to run on the treadmill as well. I loved having a treadmill here. I hired it for 3 months but wasnt keen on buying one cos if it broke down it is a 3.5 hr trip to take it back to get it fixed. I've got the cross trainer now but would have preferred a treadmill. I used to walk at 7.5ks. I'd start at 5ks an hour then slowly build it up. I'd stay there for 10 mins then put it up to 8.5ks an hour to run for 10 mins then a final sprint at 10.5ks an hour for a minute or so. As long as I could hold it! Then back to walking. Sometimes I would spend 1.5 hours on the treadmill. When I bought my cross trainer it said in the book that there is no extra benefit to go for longer than an hour in a session. The most I have done on my cross trainer is 37 mins(today!!!) But generally it is 25 - 30 mins. You are going great Bella. Dont worry too much about the slip ups. Maybe next time you feel like KFC you can have just 1 chicken burger and a water. I'm shocking with HJ's. And I know I am gonna blow it tomorrow when I go to Bunbury but I will try hard. And if I do give in and go there then I will just get a cheese burger and sml fries, like a kiddies meal minus the toy!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Mandie » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:40 pm

congratulations on the loss, well done! :D
Mandie

Postby MissE » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:44 pm

well done on the loss! its good to know you can have treats and still lose weight if you are willing to put in the hard yards at the gym!!
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby bbella » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:04 pm

Thanks to ally, kate, kimE, ash, slimmin, hushpuppy, groovy chic, mandie and missE for all your support and comments. its great having support:)

groovy chic, yea i can see how u pushed urself. im trying to do the same thing, each time a bit more and more. but 1.5hrs on a treadmill, thats real good going girl :) and the cross trainer! i think my tops on the cross trainer is 15 mins and it killed me, but i will hopefully work my way up like you have.
i also prefer the treadmill over the cross trainer, but it still makes u lose weight so its all good. :wink:

like tonite i just did 2mins @ 6km/h, then 2mins @ 9km/h then back to 2mins @6kp/h and so on till i reached 20, which makes it 10mins of running at 9kp/h:)

i think pushing yourself is the best you can do, and when you have done it you feel so good that you will look good, so you continue to do better a bit everyday. i think thats the best motivation.

anyway, just came back from gym and washed my little beep beep barina at the carwashs.
up here[brissy] we have water restrictions and i hardly wash the car but i reacon it deserved a treat since it was taking me to gym to lose weight:)
[/url]
Wk1-93.5
Wk2-92.5
Wk3-91.5
Wk4-90.5
Wk5-88.5
Wk6+7-89.5
Wk 8 - 88.5
bbella

Postby KimE » Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:22 pm

I agree Bella it is good to push yourself. It doesn't have to be anything outrageous just a little bit more than you did last time. 1 minute longer or 0.1 of a km faster. It just builds you up steadily.

I have also read that cardio work beyond 60 minutes gives a diminishing rate of return. Not really sure how that is figured out as you would still be burning calories. Perhaps it's to do with your body doesn't continue to perform at it's best if you go longer than an hour.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress