It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:10 pm

Free Newsletter

miss_viva: back and on track!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

miss_viva: back and on track!

Postby miss_viva » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:15 pm

Hello to anyone out there reading this!

I used to post quite regularly on here up until about a year ago, but then I guess I lost my motivation with my weightloss journey. I got fairly close to my first target weight and I think I slacked off a bit and adopted a 'near enough is good enough' mentality, because (at the time) I felt quite pleased with what I'd achieved overall.

My heaviest starting weight was 115kgs ( :shock: ) and the lowest number I saw was approximately 79kgs. I wanted to try and get down to 75kgs, with an ultimate goal of getting to 68-70kgs. However, I got lazy, lost motivation, stopped exercising as much and started reverting back to old eating habits.

My weight began to climb back up again and even though I could see the numbers increasing on the scales and I could feel my clothes getting tighter, I STILL did nothing to try and counteract this. One day, I stepped on the scales and saw that I'd hit 93kgs again. I couldn't believe that I'd allowed myself to put on that much weight and I was disgusted with myself for undoing a lot of the good work I'd done. I don't know why I needed to gain approximatey 14kgs for reality to sink in, but for some reason, 93kgs was the magic number that shocked me out of my lazy habits.

Over the last few months, I've really been working hard to get my weight back down. I went overseas to South America again and that gave me an incentive to really start losing weight (again). I lost some weight before my trip and while I was away, I lost another 2kgs because of all of the physical activities we were doing. I felt quite motivated again, and decided to really focus on improving my eating and exercise habits back at home.

I am currently 84kgs and happy that I've lost 9kgs over the last 2-3 months or so. I've been back for the last 6 weeks and I'm really pleased with how my diet has been going. I've managed to cut out about 95% of the crap I was eating before and now I'm just allowing myself a little treat (like a piece of chocolate) once a day. I'm not really following a specific plan, I'm just trying to eat as healthily as possible. I know that's worked for me in the past, it's just an issue of consistency and motivation.

I've also started exercising more, I've been walking a few times a week and going swimming on the weekends. Swimming is my favourite form of exercise, as it doesn't feel as strenuous as a lot of other activities. It also has the added benefit of burning up quite a large number of calories!

I'd love to hear from anyone else out there, so leave a message if you'd like! Good luck to everyone else :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Re: miss_viva: back and on track!

Postby miss_viva » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:16 pm

Well, tomorrow is going to be my official weigh-in, and I'm hoping to see a loss! I've had a really good week: my diet has been really good and I've also been exercising too. I've been for a couple of one-hour walks and I've gotten back into swimming on the weekends again.

Most of the food that I've been eating has been really healthy and I've also been allowing myself a little treat every night. E.g. a piece of chocolate or a chupa chup. I'm pleased that my will power seems to have returned and I haven't snapped and eaten the entire block of chocolate yet! I've just been having a little tiny bit every day and it seems to help with the cravings.

I'm happy with my diet, but I think I'm eating a little too much bread every day. I usually have a piece of sultana toast for breakfast and then a sandwich for lunch = 3 pieces of bread a day. I'm not too concerned as it's within my calorie allowance, but does anyone have any tasty lunch alternatives? I sometimes have sushi, but I'd ideally like to be able to bring my lunch from home. I'm looking for something that's quick to prepare. Any suggestions?

I'll post again tomorrow with the results of the weigh-in. I'd be really happy if I lost 0.5kgs! Good luck to everyone else out there :)
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby starr22 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:14 pm

Sounds like you are back on track hun! I hope the scales reflect all of the hard work you have put in :D Good luck! I am also returning after a long looong time away from here and a few kg heavier :| I look forward to following your progress.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqP0t7v/]
[/url]
starr22

Postby miss_viva » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:34 pm

Thanks Starr, it's really nice to see that you're back here too!

I had my weigh-in this morning and I am currently 82.5kgs, so a loss of 1.5kgs for the week! :D I was really happy with that, it was much more than I was actually expecting.

I had sushi for lunch today (my favourite) and although it's reasonably healthy, I make this my 'cheat meal' for the week, as there's quite a lot of rice (refined carbs). I went and swam this morning and did 1500m today (and yesterday). I normally do 1200m, so I figured the extra couple of laps would help negate any extra calories in the sushi.

Soo... everything is good at the moment and hopefully I'll be able to post another loss next week :)
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby starr22 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:19 pm

Great loss this week miss viva! Good work :D Also well done with the swimming.

Will defo have to kick each others butts into gear! We can help keep each other motivataed.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqP0t7v/]
[/url]
starr22

Postby Sassyt » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:26 am

You really are doing so so great Miss V. I wish I could draw some energy from you, Diet-wise. I still manage to keep under 80kg, Probably due to the levels of my exercise but phew the food :shock: , I am so bad :( I really really dont know what to do now... You have been so so good I wish I could be as good as you are so I can shift these kilos...

Keep up the good work Miss V. The number you pulled this week is amazing soon you will be at your goal weight... I am so happy for you girl!!!

Go Miss Viva!!! :D
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby miss_viva » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:25 pm

Thanks a lot for the messages, Sassy and Starr!

Not much new to report for this week. My diet has been good, but I have been really busy with work lately, so I haven't been able to find the time to exercise on any weekdays this week. Fortunately, the busy period is starting to wind down, so I should have a bit more free time next week. I've been weighing in (unofficially) each morning to keep myself on track, and I've been hovering around the same weight. I haven't seen any losses for this week, but maybe I will by the time I weigh in for the week on Sunday. On the plus side, I'm definitely noticing that my clothes are starting to fit better again, so perhaps I'm gaining a little in muscle weight.

Fingers crossed for Sunday!
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby HappyGirl83 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:23 am

Welcome back miss_viva!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So good to see you back!

It is a never ending journey isn't it! Keep up the good work!
My journey so far...

Sick and tired of wasting my 20's being fat!!
HappyGirl83

Postby miss_viva » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:16 pm

Hey Happygirl!

It's really good to see you back too! Thanks for the message.

I had my official weigh-in today and I was down to 81.6kgs, which is a loss of 0.9kgs for the week! I'm really happy with that, I wasn't really expecting much of a loss this week. The 70's are suddenly not seeming too far away now, and I'm looking forward to entering a new decade in the not too distant future.
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby HappyGirl83 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:54 am

Bring on the 70's!!!
My journey so far...

HappyGirl83

Postby miss_viva » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:09 pm

This week has been really good! I've stayed on track and not slipped up at all with my diet.

The nice thing about summer approaching is that you automatically want to eat a lot of fresh, healthy foods like salads and all of those yummy summer fruits. I actually still feel really motivated at the moment, and not so tempted by my past weaknesses (mainly chocolate and biscuits). I've been buying blocks of chocolate and just eating 2-3 squares a day, and so far I haven't crumbled and eaten the entire block in one sitting!(Been there and done that in the past :oops: )

I am a little bit worried about christmas approaching, as the festive season always tempts me and I tend to adopt a bit of a 'it's christmas! I can eat what I like and start again in the new year!' mentality. Does anyone have any tips for staying on track/avoiding temptations over Christmas? Perhaps just enjoying a few extra things and increasing the amount of exercise I'm doing in the lead up to christmas is the way to go. I have holidays from work coming up, so I'll have a lot more free time over the christmas period.

I went swimming this morning and the water was perfect :) It's a really nice way to start the weekend. I'll post again tomorrow with my official weight for the week. Things are looking good at the moment and I'm hoping for another decent loss!

Good luck to everyone else out there, enjoy your weekend!
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby miss_viva » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:42 am

Today I weighed in at 80.3kgs, which is a loss of 1.3kgs for the week :D Bring on the 70s, they are so close now!
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby CronicBadger » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:25 pm

Hi Miss_Viva

Yep, the 70's are nice :-). Keep up the good work.

Regarding your query, "...Does anyone have any tips for staying on track/avoiding temptations over Christmas?...":

It's tricky, isn't it. I pigged out last Christmas for a couple of days, and then continued for another fortnight before bringing it under control. I just checked my food diary and the pages for December 27 through to January 9 are blank! Oh the horror, the horror :-P.

One thing to remember is that it is very hard to put on even one kilo of fat in just a few days. To do so requires an excess intake of about 37,000 Kj of energy. That's about 4 loaves of bread, or two 1Kg packets of sugar, or 17 bottles of wine. Also, your bathroom scales will lie after a binge - much of the weight is just water trapped by the food in transit inside as well as the extra required for the digestive process.

One idea I have (which I intend to try this year) is to eat whatever I want during Christmas and Boxing day, then stick to leftovers only for the next week instead of cooking more food and eating that PLUS any leftovers I can scavenge.

Not to forget the use of substitution - fruit and veg instead of an extra serve of fruitcake, and chilled fat-free yogurt instead of of ice cream.

Anyway, as long as you don't extend the Christmas and Boxing Day binge to a fortnight, and make a few sensible choices to limit the damage, everything will be okay.
CronicBadger

Postby miss_viva » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:53 pm

Thanks for the reply, CB.

I think you're right - there's not really a way to bury your head in the sand and avoid ALL christmas temptations, but we can control how long the "festive feasting" lasts for. I think I'll take your advice and eat whatever I like on Christmas Day, but be very careful in the lead up.

CronicBadger wrote:One thing to remember is that it is very hard to put on even one kilo of fat in just a few days. To do so requires an excess intake of about 37,000 Kj of energy.

That was interesting to know, thanks for that. It does put things into perspective. I can be one of those people who sees the higher number on the scales and automatically thinks 'well, I'm 2.1kgs heavier now, I've undone all of my hard work. Might as well have another chocolate....!" Knowing what is required to gain 1kg of fat will make me think differently about things now.
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby HappyGirl83 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:25 am

Awesome work miss v!!

Over Christmas I try just to enjoy Christmas lunch but my other meals are spot on. I usually got to a boxing day bbq and once again just enjoy that meal but try not to use the whole day for a free for all. Having a naughty meal now and then never worries my weight loss, it is only when it stretches into days of eating bad that I tend to stack it on!
My journey so far...

HappyGirl83

Next

Return to Personal Progress