It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:01 pm

Free Newsletter

miss_viva: back and on track!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: miss_viva: back and on track!

Postby äirly » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:53 pm

I'm in the same boat with Christmas. I just love that time of year, I love love LOVE fruitcake, plum pudding, turkey roast with the trimmings, brandy sauce, shortbread. Basically everything bad for me!

This year I'm on a bit of a personal challenge from now til the New Year to eat well and exercise, but i'm planning on allowing Christmas Eve and Christmas Day to be exempt from this. The biggest killer for me last year wasnt really those two days anyway. It was all the booze and parties (and party food :oops: ) leading up to the big day, and then weeks of leftovers and beating back down my sugar/carb cravings afterwards...
HW: 84kgs (2011) got down to 67kgs (2012)
SW: 74kgs - (2013) post baby!
CW: 68kgs (Updated 6 May 2014)
GW: 62-64kgs (size 10)
äirly

Postby miss_viva » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:47 pm

Thanks for the replies :)

I think you're all right - a few bad meals won't hurt, but using Christmas as an excuse to eat/drink whatever you like for consecutive days/weeks really does add up and have an impact. I'll just enjoy the day and try and be as controlled as I can in the lead up. I'll try and avoid the leftovers and ask people NOT to give me chocolates this year! Without fail, someone in my family gives me some every year and chocolate is my biggest weakness. Even though I've asked them not to give me chocolate in the past, they still have and I've ended up eating entire boxes in a couple of days. Not good!

I weighed in today at 80.7, which was a gain of 0.4 for the week. I'm actually not the least bit disappointed by this, as I've had a good week and I've managed to do some exercise. I've been out to eat several times this week, and I've managed to make really good choices and ignore all of my friends eating hot chips, bbq ribs, onion rings and all those other delicious (and high calorie!) foods. Given that's it's been TTOM, I think that's had an impact on the scales. So despite the 'gain', I'm still feeling pretty positve and I'm really going to aim to be in the 70's next week when I weigh in. Damn you nature for thwarting my goal this week!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby miss_viva » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:05 pm

I weighed in today at 80.3kgs, which was a loss of 0.4kgs from last week. However, I did gain 0.4kgs in the week prior to that, so really I'm just back down to where I was before :P I weigh myself every morning to keep myself on track, but I only use my Sunday morning weigh in as my official number. During the week, I was in the high 70s a few times, so it was nice to see those numbers again! I didn't quite manage to get there this week, but let's see what this Sunday brings.

This week was quite challenging, I had quite a few events on and dinners out, so my diet wasn't 100%. Given the circumstances though, I think I did quite well and I didn't overeat or binge on any of those occasions. I had a few things, but fortunately was able to control myself and not go too crazy. Last night was a bit of a challenge though when the jelly shots started flowing :lol:

I went swimming both days this weekend and this week is my final week of work for the year! I'm really going to work on increasing my exercise in the lead up to Christmas, hopefully I can hit the pool 3-4 times a week instead of my current two. Although I haven't really seen much activity on the scales in the last fortnight, my clothes are feeling more loose and I'm noticing parts of my body are starting to tone up a little. I usually hate my upper arms, but I think they are starting to improve at the moment and I'm even feeling confident enough to wear dresses without little sleeves.

Good luck to everyone else out there :)
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby Czarina » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:39 pm

Hey miss_viva! I'm back too...got down to 62kg from 110kg, now back up to 95kg...

You're doing so well! I hope I get back on track as quickly as you have. :)
Czarina

Postby miss_viva » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:45 pm

Hey Czarina and welcome back! I'm sorry to hear that you've had problems maintaing your weight, but you did so well to get to your goal the first time. I'm sure you can pull things together and get back on track too :). I actually feel like I'm in a pretty good place at the moment - it feels more like a lifestyle choice and less like a diet. Hopefully Christmas won't change my perspective too much, it's always been a bit of a dangerous time of the year for me. Good luck with everything, keep us posted!
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby Roblyssa » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:13 pm

Miss V

I swear reading your very first post, you had written about me! The weights were all the same (except my heaviest was 93kg). I started a year back on 91kg and worked my way down to 77kg, only to put it all back on. I knew I was gaining but I just did nothing about it until I got on the scales and saw 93.4kh and almost died! It was then I started this weight loss routine all over again.

I am really struggling with it right now as I am not seeing results on the scales like I thought I would. My lack of cravings is good and I am exercising at least 5 days a week, so I was hoping to see or feel more results than I am.

Good luck on your journey, it is good to have you back!

Kellie
Roblyssa

Postby miss_viva » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:00 pm

Thanks for the message Kellie, it's so frustrating isn't it?! In theory, we know what to do, but putting it into practice is so hard... You sound like you're on the right track though, so keep trying and try not to focus too much on the scales :) Eventually they'll have to start moving down if you keep up the good work. I know how annoying it can be though!

Not a good week for me, I weighed in at 81.8kgs, which is a gain of 1.5kgs :( I'm not too impressed, but I've been a little off my diet this week, so I deserved that result. I had my work Christmas party on Friday, so I had a few extra naughty things there that I wouldn't normally have. Last night I went to see the Foo Fighters, so I didn't have the best dinner as there weren't a lot of healthy options around. On the whole though, I think I could have done a lot more damage and I wasn't too bad with what I ate.

I went swimming this morning to try and undo some of the damage and I've officially started my holidays now, so hopefully I'll be able to go a few more times this week and get that number back down again. I really want to try and get down to the 70's before Christmas, so i've got 2 weeks to lose 1.8kgs. I think it's possible if I stay on track and do a little extra exercise.

I hope everyone else is having a good week!
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby HappyGirl83 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:45 pm

Ahh poo!! I thought I had typed a huge MSG here the other day but it doesn't appear to have submitted!!

I know you'll smash that gain miss v! It happens to the best of us :)
My journey so far...

Sick and tired of wasting my 20's being fat!!
HappyGirl83

Postby Roblyssa » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:30 pm

Oh Miss V, I know how you feel! I just stared at the scales when it recorded my gain of 1.3kg, AND I did not have the naughty things you did! I was so horribly bummed. But then this week I lost the 1.2kg and I thought, well this could have been better if last week was a minus and not a GAIN!

Anyhow, you are going to smash your goal, I just know it! You keep me so motivated, good luck girl!

Kellie
Roblyssa

Postby miss_viva » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:50 am

HappyGirl83 wrote:I thought I had typed a huge MSG here the other day but it doesn't appear to have submitted!!

Ahh, I HATE when that happens, it's so frustrating!

Thank you both for your support, I really appreciate it! Yeah, I was pretty devestated too when I saw that result on the scale, but realistically I knew that I hadn't eaten 1.5kgs of naughty things. I just need to stay focused and start eating better from this point on and not get into the "well I've blown it, might as well eat 12kgs of chocolates now" mentality.

Unofficially, I've been back down under 81kgs the last two mornings, so that's a step in the right direction at least :) More swimming again today, so I'm working hard to undo the damages of last week.

Roblyssa wrote:You keep me so motivated, good luck girl!

That's really nice of you to say, especially since I'm flat out motivating myself sometimes! :lol: I know what you mean though, there are so many great stories around here on this board and a lot of people have achieved some great results. I find them really inspiring too, so I'm glad I could do the same for you a little.

Enjoy your week guys and good luck!
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby Czarina » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:32 pm

miss_viva wrote:Last night I went to see the Foo Fighters

Great taste in music! I saw them the other weekend...for the 5th time...they were amazing as usual! Even my metalhead Fiance was rocking out and yelling himself hoarse! :twisted:
Czarina

Postby miss_viva » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:08 pm

Czarina wrote:I saw them the other weekend...for the 5th time

I'm up to five now as well! I've loved the Foo Fighters for years now and they're always impressive live. I thought Tenacious D were pretty good too, it was the first time I've seen them. No more concerts planned until February now, when I go to Soundwave. Are you going to that one too? I'm excited to see SOAD (your metalhead fiance would love them for sure) and Bad Religion. I've seen Bad religion about 3-4 times before too, they're another band who always put on a really decent live show! :)
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby Czarina » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:35 pm

Not going to Soundwave. Glen is looking forward to Black Sabbath and Judas Priest, sometime next year. I've heard that the Smashing Pumpkins are planning a tour for 2012, definitely want to see them again!
Czarina

Postby miss_viva » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:24 pm

Ooh, Smashing Pumpkins would be good, I'd like to see them!

This week has been a really good one for me. After the "disaster of last Sunday", I have made sure that I've stuck to my diet and increased the amount of exercise that I've been doing. I've been swimming for about 1.2km-1.5km every day this week and hopefully that effort will pay off on the scales tomorrow! Unofficially, I've been hovering around the high 70s this week, so it's nice to see that beautiful "7" again :D Hopefully I can actually weigh in under 80kgs tomorrow morning. I'll post again tomrorow and all will be revealed!
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby miss_viva » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:27 am

Woo! 79.2kgs today - a loss of 2.6kgs! :D Finally under the 80kg mark again!! :D
[/url]

miss_viva

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress