It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:24 am

Free Newsletter

miss_viva: back and on track!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: miss_viva: back and on track!

Postby HappyGirl83 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:38 am

Wooohooo!! That is awesome miss v :D :D

It's so good to be in the 70's isn't it!! We are definitely in the same boat as each other at the moment, very cool!!
My journey so far...

Sick and tired of wasting my 20's being fat!!
HappyGirl83

Postby Roblyssa » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:01 pm

Way to go Miss V!! So super happy for you!

I long for the day I will be in the 70's again!
Roblyssa

Postby miss_viva » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:47 pm

Thanks for the support guys, I really appreciate it!

Things are going well so far this week. I went away for a couple of days to see some relatives and I managed not to overindulge too much. I had a few extra bits and pieces, but got straight back into swimming again when I got home. I'm really trying to stay focused up until Christmas, and then I'll just let loose and enjoy anything I want on the day. Conveniently Christmas is a Sunday this year, which is my weigh in day, so I'll weigh in as usual and then have the rest of the week to try and undo the damage.

Good luck to everyone else :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby miss_viva » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:47 pm

Well Merry Christmas to everyone! I hope you all had a great day :)

Alright..... so here we go again! It's almost the New Year, so that's the perfect time to renew my motivation. I weighed myself as usual on Sunday morning and I was 79.7kgs, which meant I gained 500gms in the lead up to Christmas. Not fantastic, but not an awful result considering all of the extra events and things going on.

Christmas Day was great, and I had so many yummy things. I have to admit I had absolutely no willpower whatsoever and ate a million things that were definitely not good for me. But hey, it's a special occasion and it only happens once a year! I promised myself that I'd enjoy anything I wanted to on Christmas and then get back to my normal eating habits the next day. So the good news is that I actually stuck to that and got back into the pool this morning for my normal exercise. I also made myself do a couple of extra laps in an attempt to undo a little of the damage from the previous day!

I might make my official weigh in day Saturday morning this week, considering that Saturday night is NYE and I don't think Sunday's results will be too positive :P Hopefully I can lose that extra 500gms or even a little bit more before Saturday.
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby skinnyinside » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:31 pm

Good on you for enjoying Christmas :) good luck with this weeks losses!
skinnyinside

Postby Roblyssa » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:24 pm

Not a bad gain at this time of year!!

I dread weighing in this week!! :lol:
Roblyssa

Postby miss_viva » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:09 pm

Thanks for the replies!

I'm feeling pretty happy at the moment, I weighed in (unofficially) at 78.6kgs this morning, which is a new low point for me! It's nice to see that the "Great Binge of Christmas Day" hasn't had a lasting impact on the scales, although I've been really careful to stay on my diet since then.

I was given a new shirt for Christmas from my mum, and it was a beautiful size 12 shirt from Portmans. I was so happy when I tried it on and it actually fit perfectly! I love shopping and clothes and it was always so disheartening to go out shopping when I was at my heaviest and not be able to find anything pretty that also looked good on me. I was forever wearing basic "slimming" black things or jeans and oversized shirts that made me look like I was in my 40s/50s instead of my 20s.

I'm going to a dinner party tonight with some friends, so that's going to be another potential danger zone for me. I went to the pool again this morning and did 1500m, 300m extra than I usually do in a preemptive attack on the extra calories I'll most likely be having tonight. :)

Hope you guys are having a good week!
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby HappyGirl83 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:03 pm

Hey miss v!!

Hope you had a great Chrissy!!

Must of been such a great feeling to fit into the size 12 shirt. You and I seem to be in the same page in regards to how much fun and so relieving to fit into gorgeous clothes these days.

Do you have big New Years Eve plans?
My journey so far...

HappyGirl83

Postby miss_viva » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:37 am

Hi all,

I weighed in ( a day early) at 79.3kgs, which is a loss of 400gms. I would have loved to be under 79kgs this time like I was earlier in the week, but it didn't happen. I'm actually quite relieved to still be in the 70s at this time of the year! I'm going to a NYE party tonight, so I'm going to have one more day filled with temptations, and then things will start going back to normal again. My birthday is in late February, so I think I'll make a mini goal to try and get to my first goal weight of 75kgs or less by my birthday. That's only 4.3kgs in about two months, so I think that's definitely possible at this stage, as long as I don't slip up too much.

I'm loving the whole shopping thing at the moment, there are so many more options around now that I've got a bit of weight off. I've bought two really beautiful dresses in the last couple of days, one was a size 12 and one was a size 14. I really wanted to wear one of them out tonight, but I'm going to more of a NYE pool party/bbq at a friend's house and it's pretty casual. I'm still not ready to step out with just a bikini on, maybe this time next year! For now, I'll stick to my trusty black one piece and boardshorts :lol:

Hope you guys have a gret NYE! Happy 2012!
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby Roblyssa » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:58 am

Awww wow. I love reading your blog. I get so envious when I hear you ladies talk about size 12's and fitting into clothes. Sigh.

You are totally going to smash your goal weight by your birthday!! My gosh, I give you til the end of January and you will be totally there! Glad you enjoyed your Christmas and New Year, all the best for 2012. I look forward to reading about you reaching your goal weight!

Kellie
Roblyssa

Postby miss_viva » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:46 pm

Happy New Year to everyone!

I had a great New Year's Eve and I was quite controlled with what I ate and drank on the night. I'm not generally much of a big drinker, but it's nice to let loose a little at this time of the year. To minimise some of the damage, I made sure that I only drank sugar free drinks. Alcohol is quite high in calories, but at least I wasn't adding to that with sugary soft drinks too. I'm liking the sugar free lemon ruskis at the moment, they taste pretty good and not too different to the originals.

I made a giant fruit platter and took that to the BBQ with me, which was good as I (and everyone else) had something to snack on, instead of chips and dips etc. I had salad and bbq chicken skewers for dinner, so diet wise I was happy with how things turned out.

THEN CAME NEW YEAR'S DAY....

I don't know what happened! I didn't drink a significant amount and I didn't wake up with a hangover, but I COULD NOT stop picking at things all day long! You know things are almost at rock bottom when you resort to eating peanut butter out of a jar with a spoon :roll: . The day started off fine, but I just kept snacking more and more as it continued. A couple of biscuits here, a handful of chips, an icecream at night.... and probably a bunch of other things that I've temporarily chosen to forget about. So, I just wrote off that day and decided to start again on Tuesday morning.

Fortunately, things have been fine since then. I've been back swimming on Tuesday and Wednesday and I also went and did xbox kinnect with some friends tonight. I was always a bit skeptical of games like that and didn't really think it was possible to get much of a work out from them, but MY GOD! "Just Dance" practically killed me after two songs, it was a massive cardio workout! I was sweating and breathing heavily and reaching for water so fast! I'm probably one of the world's least coordinated people, but it was a lot of fun to play. My friends and I made it through about 10 songs before we crawled off to die on the lounge. We're going to try and make it a weekly activity (if we have the time).

Roblyssa wrote:I get so envious when I hear you ladies talk about size 12's and fitting into clothes. Sigh.

Keep working hard, you'll be there soon! I was always so envious of girls who could walk into shops and put on anything and it would look great on them. I'm nowhere near that yet, but it's nice being able to go into a store and have a lot more options to choose from :)

Thanks for the support, hope you guys are all having a good week!
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby miss_viva » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:48 pm

Do'h! That should have said "Monday and Tuesday", not "Tuesday and Wednesday"! I'm losing track of the days here! :lol:
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby Roblyssa » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:39 pm

Great update, looking forward to your next weigh in.

Kellie
Roblyssa

Postby HappyGirl83 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:21 am

Happy New Years miss v!!!

Sounds like you had a great new years, the fruit platter and low cal drinks are a great idea. Ah the hungry days! I occcasionally get them. No matter what or how much you eat, your stomach feels like a bottomless pit. I have never done the xbox kinnect, but it sounds like fun!

Here's to a great 2012 miss v! :D :D
My journey so far...

HappyGirl83

Postby miss_viva » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:53 pm

Kinect is so fun, I really want to get one of my own! I'm thinking I might reward myself with one when I reach my first 75kg mini goal.

I weighed in today at 78.7kgs, a loss of 0.6 for the week. Really happy with that!

I think I might need to add some new scales to my shopping list, mine are playing up a bit I think. I can stand on them 3 times in a row and get 3 separate readings, so I'm just using the middle one as my current weight. For example, this morning I was 78.3, 78.7 and 78.9. It's getting a little bit annoying. I always weigh in on the bathroom tiles and I know the position can affect the reading, but they're now doing the exact same thing on a flat surface too. :roll: Very annoying and hard to keep track of progress!

Hope you guys have a good week!
[/url]

miss_viva

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress