It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:19 am

Free Newsletter

miss_viva: back and on track!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: miss_viva: back and on track!

Postby Roblyssa » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:39 pm

Awesome work Miss V!!

I would def be getting some new scales, and I want an Xbox Kinect too!!!

Keep it up girl and you will smash it!!
Roblyssa

Postby SugarandSpice » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:21 pm

That really is excellent - am sure you will get to 75k's soon enough!!! :D
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
SugarandSpice

Postby babylove » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:22 am

Happy new year!

Oh my gosh you have already lost 36 kg?!! Congrats to you.

ive always found the last of the weight after the plateau to be the hardest. My body likes to sit at 75kg, without too much sacrifice on my part. Budging past that mentally was always hard for me. *but sheesh im 80kg now id be happy to be back in the 70s also!* Good luck, the new year is the best time to switch it up.

With your swimming do you do a variety of different laps. If im doing 50 laps, I do 10 breaststroke, 10 of kick board, another 10 freestyle arms with a pool bouy between my legs, another 10 kicking and then another 10 just freestyle. You get the idea. How do you make up your swim.

Look forward to reading along how youre doing.
Jules.
84Kg starting weight
78 kg current weight
65 kg goal weight
Inches lost
Bust 3
Waist 3
hips 1
Thigh 1
Bicep 0.5
babylove

Postby miss_viva » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:54 pm

Thanks a lot for the support everyone, I really appreciate it!

SugarandSpice wrote: I am sure you will get to 75k's soon enough!!!

I really hope so! That is my next mini goal and I've never been down that low as an adult. It will definitely be great to finally hit that target, it seemed SO far away when I first started losing weight. Do you have a thread anywhere with your own progress? I couldn't see yours :)

babylove wrote:Oh my gosh you have already lost 36 kg?!! Congrats to you.

Thank you! You know what? I didn't even realise I HAD lost 36kgs until you said that! I've just been focusing on what I've been losing each week and I haven't bothered to look at the overall total in a while. I can't wait for the 40kg mark :)

babylove wrote:With your swimming do you do a variety of different laps. If im doing 50 laps, I do 10 breaststroke, 10 of kick board, another 10 freestyle arms with a pool bouy between my legs, another 10 kicking and then another 10 just freestyle.

:shock: Oh wow, you put me to shame! 50 laps!! I am VERY impressed - if I tried to do that, I'd be on the bottom of the pool! I usually swim 1.2km or 1.3km of breaststroke (12 or 13 full laps of an olympic pool) each session I do. I am a very slow swimming and I am terrible at all of the other strokes, so I don't mix up my routine much. Occasionally I'll throw in the odd lap of freestyle, and then I remember why I don't do this often :lol:

Regardless of how slow I am, I still think it's a great workout and it burns a lot of calories. Well done to you for doing so much!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby babylove » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:56 pm

We are swimming roughly the same since I swim in a 25 m pool! You are doing heaps of hard work. Even if I don't feel like swimming running in the water for 30mins is apparently equivalent to 2hrs of on land exertion. Love the pool too.
84Kg starting weight
78 kg current weight
65 kg goal weight
Inches lost
Bust 3
Waist 3
hips 1
Thigh 1
Bicep 0.5
babylove

Postby miss_viva » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:44 pm

babylove wrote:We are swimming roughly the same since I swim in a 25 m pool!

Haha, I thought you might have been some kind of super woman!

I've had a good week here diet and exercise wise, but it's TTOM so it's hard to get an accurate reading on the scales. I think I might have actually lost a bit, but the scales aren't in my favour at the moment. I'm going to post an update in a couple of days once things have gotten back to normal :)

I hope everyone else is having a good week!
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby Roblyssa » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:39 pm

It's TTOM for me too, so the scales didn't show me what I wanted to see this morning either.

Looking forward to an update from you soon!

Kellie
Roblyssa

Postby äirly » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:22 pm

Yeah sometimes i dont even both weighing myself at TTOTM, the results are just too yuck :roll: But hopefully you'll have a nice surprise when its over! :)
HW: 84kgs (2011) got down to 67kgs (2012)
SW: 74kgs - (2013) post baby!
CW: 68kgs (Updated 6 May 2014)
GW: 62-64kgs (size 10)
äirly

Postby Roblyssa » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:36 pm

Where are you Miss V??? I miss your sunny face around the boards?? I hope everything is ok with you are you have reached your goal already!!

Please come back and update us!!

Kellie
Roblyssa

Postby miss_viva » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:14 pm

I'm back! Thanks for the message Robylssa, it was really nice of you to say that!

I have been pretty absent lately - I'm a teacher and we've just started the new term, so things have been quite hectic! I haven't been checking in or posting much, but I have been really good with my diet and I've kept up with my swimming.

I'll weigh in tomorrow officially, but I don't think I've actually lost anything. I seem to have hit a bit of a plateau on the scales lately, but the good news is that I'm still noticing a lot of difference in the way my body looks and how my clothes fit. My thighs are a massive problem area for me and I've noticed that they're FINALLY starting to tone up a little. I shall just keep pushing on and hope that the scales start to move again soon :)

Hope everyone else has been having a good week!
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby miss_viva » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:29 pm

Oh, I almost forgot!

If anyone is looking for a new snack idea or something new to try, I found achachas on sale at my local Woolworths and independent fruit shop. They are absolutely DELICIOUS, full of vitamin C and only have about 6 calories per fruit.

Achachas are a tropical fruit originally from Bolivia and they are kind of like a citrus flavour meets a guava meets a lychee. I actually don't like lychees that much, but they have a similar texture. They are about the size of a guava and they have a hard orange skin, which you peel/cut off. You eat the white flesh inside and discard the seed in the middle.

If you see them, you HAVE to try them! Best. Fruit. Ever.
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby Roblyssa » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:10 pm

Never heard of that fruit, but sounds very interesting!!

So glad to see everything is ok, and I am really looking forward to your weigh in! I had no idea you were a teacher, what grade/s do you teach?? You are a brave woman!!

Great to hear from you!!!

Kellie
Roblyssa

Postby babylove » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:32 pm

Sounds interesting, never heard of that fruit, have to keep an eye out!
84Kg starting weight
78 kg current weight
65 kg goal weight
Inches lost
Bust 3
Waist 3
hips 1
Thigh 1
Bicep 0.5
babylove

Postby miss_viva » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:15 pm

Roblyssa wrote: I had no idea you were a teacher, what grade/s do you teach??

I'm a high school teacher and I mainly teach Years 8, 9 and 10 Spanish. I also have a Year 11 English Communication class, which is basically an alternative to board level English for students who are completing traineeships, apprenticeships, TAFE or trade qualifications.

I love my job, but it can be a little challenging at times!

I weighed in today and I'm still on a plateau of 78.7kgs. To be honest, I'm probably lucky to get away with that, as I went out last night and ate so much sushi! Then I came home and finished off about 1/2 a block of a family-sized block of chocolate. :shock: Slight relapse, but I've put that behind me and returned to eating well today.

At least the scale isn't going up. It's quite frustrating, but I'll just stick with it and hopefully see some movement soon. The weather here has been just awful over the past weeks (flooding), but I made sure that I still went out and got some exercise in. It was actually quite nice to swim while it was raining lightly, the water was lovely and warm.

Hope you guys have a good week!
[/url]

miss_viva

Postby SugarandSpice » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:25 pm

It's great that you are still managing to exercise with the crappy weather you are having.

I have to say I tried sushi once and hated it!!

I am sure you will get over the plateau soon.

Have a great week

Vicki
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
SugarandSpice

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress