It is currently Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:52 am

Free Newsletter

Yummymummys ramblings!!!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Yummymummys ramblings!!!

Postby yummymummy » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:19 pm

Hello everyone I really love this forum and the support you can get here so I thought I would start my own online diary. I will begin with a little about me Im a wanna-be yummymummy with 3 kids who are 10 7 and nearly 4, my partner is a cook and he really likes to cook scrummy food and I really like to eat all his scrummy food hence my 20kg weight gain over the past few years!
Im a nurse and Im about to move on to a oncology ward after christmas and my holidays, I hated being an overweight nurse felt like a fruad giving health advice when I looked like I could do with some myself!! About 3 mths ago I joined sureslim and Im loving it its been the best thing I could have done for my health in a long time but I dont exercise regularly at all and I really need to get that into my routine, but with working 4 days a week I cant workout how to fit it in, my youngest is already at his babysitters house 2 days a week so the guilt of dumping him in a creche is too much, I dont see much of hubby so heading off to the gym at night doesnt seem right either and he goes to work by 6am mon-fri so early mornings are out -but- enough of excuses :!: I got to get exercising :!:
thanks for reading
JODY
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby hushpuppy » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:12 pm

Thanks for that Jody . Im sure u will find a way to fit in exercise
Sometimes dont u wish there was 30 hours in a day so u could fit everything in
Cheers Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:25 pm

Hi jody
thanks for sharing that with us :) i think mandie mentioned awhile ago that becoming a doctor she feels like a hypocrite giving advice when she was the weight she was. so i can understand where you are coming from.

im the cook in my house and i found that i have to start cooking foods that dont come from jars all the time! i need more healthy options.

you will find the time to exercise. even if you do it in your home. i have some exercise dvds and i find them a saviour if i cant go for a walk. i cant afford a gym either so i do what i can around here.

anyway i look forward to seeing your comments on the forum, keep going with sureslim its obviously working really well for you.
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:00 am

Thanks for sharing some of your life with us Jody.

That's the thing with exercise you need to fit it in where it works best for you. I exercise mainly during my lunch break at work although I am lucky enough to have an hour for lunch so I can go for a walk or to the gym. I also have some DVD's at home as well as weight equipment. Going to the gym after work just won't work for me.

Best of luck with your weight loss.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby yummymummy » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:51 am

Thanks guys, Well the diet was blown out of the water last night when I went to my xmas do with the people from my ward -food wise I went OK but I drank a huge amount of wine which was very bad :oops: so I drinking heaps of water today to help flush the system and rehydrate myself but I had a blast so no point feeling guilty just gotta get straight back into it today!
Jody

[/url]
yummymummy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:48 am

sounds like you are doing the right thing with drinking the water jody :) sometimes these events come up and you can either sit there and not eat or drink or you can get in enjoy yourself. i always say that you dont need to eat to be social but when it comes to occasions like that as long as you are sensible you enjoy yourself more :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:48 am

Hey Jody one question....HOW IS YOUR HEAD THIS MORNING!!! LOL :lol: :P Sorry, just had to ask!!

Keep drinking that water mate and I found that a hydrolite iceblock helped me the day after a big night. Well done for not pigging out as well though mate!!!

Hope you are feeling better soon!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby yummymummy » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:35 pm

I gotta admit the only reason I didnt pig out was because the food was rubbish! it tasted bland and everything was covered in slimey white sauce YUCK. It was a fun night because I was with about 35 work mates and it was nice to catch up but food and service was bad :cry: . Diet wise Im back on track I always seem to struggle on weekends but do really well during the week hence the huge slowing of my weightloss. Ive only lost 1kg in the past 3 weeks but it aint a gain so its all good.
I went shopping this morning and I grapped a size 12 pair of 3/4length jeans then I grabbed a 10 just to see and OMG the 10 fit I was a very happy girl, I didnt buy the tho because they were low hipsters and having my tummy on veiw isnt my thing since having bubs but hey it was the ego boast I needed to get back on that diet wagon!!!

Thanks for reading
Jody
Jody

[/url]
yummymummy

Postby yummymummy » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:36 pm

P.S the head was fine.......................thanks to a couple nurofen!!!!!
Jody
Jody

[/url]
yummymummy

Postby hushpuppy » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:00 pm

Great goig Jody on fitting into the size 10s jeans . I hope to be there one day

The weekends are pretty bad for me sometimes to . I choose 1 day of the weekend where i can indulge slightyly(but not overboard)
That way i dont feel like i have deprived myself and helps me stay on track for the other 6 days
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:21 pm

hi jody well done to fit into the 10s!! dont know if ill ever get to that stage lol. i can understand what you mean about the hipsters lol. its the same feeling i have about halterneck tops lol.
kate_turner2000

Postby slimmindown » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:49 pm

Jody I know what you mean about feeling like a hypocite . i'm an ANUM on a medical ward and I feel awkward about giving advice, especially to diabetics ,telling them to change there diet and exercise..

Sonds like you are doing a great job to be able to fit into size 10 jeans, i'd be happy to get into a 16 at this stage :lol: :lol:

Some of girls on my ward, go for a walk at lunchtimes ,but its hard when you only have 1/2 an hour, when I go to the gym I go directly from work or first thing in the morning and the same with my swim or a walk, but it is certainly hard for you with the kids. hope you work out a plan 8)

some hospitals have a gym, not ours its not that big, how about yours :)
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby Ally » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:46 pm

Woohoo well done on the 10's Jody and I am glad that your head didn't hurt too much!!!! (gotta love Nurofen)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:09 am

Well done Jody on getting into a size 10. Feels good doesn't it not to mention a lovely surprise.

Keep up the great work. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby yummymummy » Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:36 pm

Aww thanks guys, yeah Im pretty chuffed with myself;
unfortunatly theres no gym at the hosp where I work were a relatively sml private hosp so there aint much extras for us staff!! The girls who walk in their lunch break are very good I can only manage to sit veg out and eat and drink!! I was thinking about exercising before work on the days I dont have to get the kiddos to the babysitters before work(I dont have time on those days) by maybbe getting to work early and walking around the hospital grounds for 1/2 hour,
OMG Robbie Williams is tonight I feel like a teenager with a crush!! lucky my hubby is a easy going chap because Ive been gushing about him for days!! I got my hair cut & coloured today Its much darker and its in a bob type style :arrow: I think I may get my pic taken tonight before I go out and if I get brave I will post my pic(not sure if I have any before pics tho I avoid cameras like the plague!) Any way Guys thanks for reading
Jody
Jody

[/url]
yummymummy

Next

Return to Personal Progress