It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:06 am

Free Newsletter

Its all about me!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Its all about me!

Postby babylove » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:11 am

I posted in intro and decided I will keep somewhat of a progress journal here. Keep myself accountable you know, with my eating and exercise. Im a 33 year old woman, wife of 10 years and mother of 3 kids ages 7, 4, 2. Ive recently gained a bunch of weight and want to lose it again. Plus some more if its maintainable. Last week I started out at a brand new gym. I need a healthier attitude towards exercise (in the past ive been somewhat obsessed and got injuries as a result of long term over-doing-it.) This time my focus is on being healthy in all areas. Eating enough of the right foods, having balance in my life. Ive cut adding salt, I quit coffee and diet cola drinks, drink more water, take vitamin supplements, limit fatty, deep fried, refined sugary, processed foods.

Action plan is to lose .5kg a week, or 1 kg a fortnight. One cheat day a week, and one rest day. I do have before photos but I wont post them until ive got a few durings that look better ~~ to compare!

Im 5'4 and started at 84kg. I do have the other measurements but for now my kids have stolen my tape measure. :lol: This first week down I have lost 4kg. Im sitting flat on 80kg this morning. :shock: yahoo!.

I guess the intial craziness will settle down.
Last week I did a huge variety of exercise, cardio equipment, swimming twice, body pump, body attack and a cycle class. This week Im planning on doing a mix again. I like the idea of cross training to stave off boredom and injury and shake up what your body expects to do.

My eating has been good. I had a cheat day, where I didnt cheat on food, per se, but I drank a bit too much champagne as we went to a party, I still ate a beef and salad hamburger so it wasnt so bad. On my exercise rest day I just did housework so I was still active to some extent.

Heres an average day of my eating plan:

wake up - white tea. (this is one of my pleasures, after quitting coffee i decided white milk and sugar was fine,lol)
probiotic drink
breakfast - 200ml prune or cranberry/pomegranate juice
banana
1 peice raisin toast or 2 scrambled eggs
morning tea - handful dried fruit/nuts if im hungry
lunch - ham or chicken / salad sandwich, 200mls soy milk
afternoon tea - handful grapes or a tub of yoghurt
late arvo but before dinner - mug of rooibos tea, tspn of honey for sweetner
dinner - small serve meat plus variety of vegetables.
supper - 2 cruskits or ryvita with nutella or peanut butter

Im struggling with the 'in the mirror' version of me, because I gained so quickly my brain hasnt caught up with what I look like now.

Tonight Im doing a body step class. So I dont fail Im pre-preparing my families dinner so my at home responsibilities dont keep me from heading out at night!

Off to create a ticker :)
84Kg starting weight
78 kg current weight
65 kg goal weight
Inches lost
Bust 3
Waist 3
hips 1
Thigh 1
Bicep 0.5
babylove

Re: Its all about me!

Postby babylove » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:13 am

ooh i didnt meant white milk, i mean to say full cream whole milk, and white sugar, lol!
84Kg starting weight
78 kg current weight
65 kg goal weight
Inches lost
Bust 3
Waist 3
hips 1
Thigh 1
Bicep 0.5
babylove

Postby äirly » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:56 pm

4kgs is pretty crazy! But what a nice boost to your confidence :) Especially when starting out.

Are you monitoring your calorie intake? You're diet looks great - healthy but still enjoyable. But if you are doing a lot of classes, especially cycling, pump and attack stuff, you'll burn a lot and may need a bit more intake elsewise end up in the dreaded 'starvation' mode. You sound like a bit of a perfectionist (by which I mean, not likely to sneak treats but to be strict with yourself) and its pretty important to not push yourself too hard, else make things harder for yourself in the long term (so speaks a life long slacker :P)

In my experience, its not good to tie yourself too much to dates and numbers either. I mean, its good to challenge yourself (once again something I suck at) but when you're set on losing a certain amounts and then it falls through it can be devastating to your confidence. Like I said, this is my experience - everyone responds to these things differently!

Good luck this week, hope you have another win on the scales :)

PS I know what you mean about the 'in the mirror' self... when i started to put on weight years ago I just didnt see it. I feel mortified now thinking about how long it took me to update (ie, buy a size up) with my wardrobe.

I think the same goes for going down too. I've lost weight and been completely oblivious (this was years ago - not when i was actively weighing myself!)
HW: 84kgs (2011) got down to 67kgs (2012)
SW: 74kgs - (2013) post baby!
CW: 68kgs (Updated 6 May 2014)
GW: 62-64kgs (size 10)
äirly

Postby babylove » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:33 pm

still on 80kg, so its a definate loss. prob lots of water weight. i took a herbal detox pill too and that erm :oops: cleaned me out. feel better for it.

thanks for your observations airly . pretty accurate really, i have been a perfectionist in the past so its hard not to throw myself wholeheartedly into this. but im really working on balance, not obsessing over foods and quantity of exercise but more going with how i feel.

Last night i did my first body step class back, and I felt good. Perhaps heavier than Id like, and jiggly-er...but seems like the previous years of exercise help because my cardio was good. Last night was very very hot here and I had an awful restless sleep.

Im in two minds about calorie counting. Because I have the tendency to get fanatical, im not sure number crunching is the right way for me to start. I guess theres a few things I have to face in this
a) food is not the enemy its a valuable tool for survival health and nutrition
b) counting calories will allow me possibly eat more, rather than less - and despite what I learned growing up, less IS NOT better!
c) it will allow me to assess my overall energy needs and quality of my diet.

maybe a food journal first?

watch this space.
84Kg starting weight
78 kg current weight
65 kg goal weight
Inches lost
Bust 3
Waist 3
hips 1
Thigh 1
Bicep 0.5
babylove

Postby miss_viva » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:44 pm

babylove wrote:Im struggling with the 'in the mirror' version of me, because I gained so quickly my brain hasnt caught up with what I look like now.

Oh I really know how you feel! Even at my heaviest, I never really saw myself as that big. Maybe I had reverse body dismorphic disorder or something, where I saw myself as slimmer than I actually was. I saw some pictures of myself from about 3-4 years ago the other day and it was like looking at an entirely different person. I could not believe that I had let myself get to that weight. It was actually quite an experience to reflect back and see how far I've come. I still have a long way to go, but I'm getting there slowly.

I'm sure your brain will gradually adjust to what you look like now, and continue to do so as you slim down :)

Congratulations on the 4kg loss, that's an excellent result! I got tired reading about all of the exercise you'd done last week, wow!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby Roblyssa » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:00 am

It was DISGUSTING here in Brissy last night, we slept with the air con on all night and I still tossed and turned!! Where abouts in Brissy are you?

Good luck on your journey Jules, looking forward to reading your blog and following your journey!

And congrats on the 4kg kick off. What a way to start!!

Kellie
Roblyssa

Postby babylove » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:46 am

I'm looking forward to the next weightloss as that should put me bk into the 70s! Omg I can t wait. Last night really was a stinker, we had the aircon on for the last three nights. Ergh.
I'm near mt gravatt. Where in bris are you?
W ent to gym last night earlier to start running my couch to 5km but the treadmills were full the whole time. I did 5mins rower, 5 mins bike, 10 mins elliptical. Then I went to body pump. It was crazy packed too!

Yesterday I cooked protein pancakes they were so fillng! Also for the munchies I needed a snack I had 4 ryvitas. Two were peanut butter and honey. Two were jam with cottage cheese. Yummy.
84Kg starting weight
78 kg current weight
65 kg goal weight
Inches lost
Bust 3
Waist 3
hips 1
Thigh 1
Bicep 0.5
babylove

Postby whit3tig3y » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:52 pm

Well done on your huge loss so far, and well done for joining a gym!!! Gyms are wonderful for losing weight. And its great when you start going to classes too because you meet people there and you all motivate each other to keep going, even on the days you can't get motivated to work out. Couch to 5km... good for you!!! Thats a great program and I found the music and the guy speaking really motivational.
SW: 139.3kg - 01/01/2012
CW: 136.8kg - 08/01/2012
Goal: 60kg

whit3tig3y

Postby babylove » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:54 pm

Thanks!! I found very little motivation to exercise at home with three kids. Thought I could , but no they made it difficult then I'd get cranky getting interrupted. The gym works for me.
Today I ran around getting bk to school items , that I barely ate. I'm paying for it now I'm irritable and grumpy. Did a cycle class. Another hot uncomfortable day. Hope I lose some weight this week!
84Kg starting weight
78 kg current weight
65 kg goal weight
Inches lost
Bust 3
Waist 3
hips 1
Thigh 1
Bicep 0.5
babylove

Postby babylove » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:13 pm

Swimming this arvo...feel good but very tired. Had a few days with muscle soreness. All going well. Took kids to mcdonalds for lunch and I ordered the seared chicken tandoori wrap. Very filing.
84Kg starting weight
78 kg current weight
65 kg goal weight
Inches lost
Bust 3
Waist 3
hips 1
Thigh 1
Bicep 0.5
babylove

Postby Roblyssa » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:53 pm

Hey Jules,

You sound like you are doing really well!! I live in Redbank Plains, so not too far away.

The weather is a lot cooler tonight than it has been, I went for another 6km walk with the hubby, that's 18km in 3 days :D .

All the best for weigh in, looking forward to hearing your progress. What day is weigh in?

Kellie
Roblyssa

Postby babylove » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:37 am

Hi kellie, you are doing fabulously with the exercise. 6Km isn't a shabby walk. Great how your hubbys onboard that helps. The weathers eased off a bit which helps now I'm getting out with the kids instead of sitting at home to avoid the heat. I'm familiar with redbank plains!
84Kg starting weight
78 kg current weight
65 kg goal weight
Inches lost
Bust 3
Waist 3
hips 1
Thigh 1
Bicep 0.5
babylove

Postby babylove » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:41 am

Oh, btw sunday was weigh in. I get on each day to make sure I'm not gaining bk! Omg omg, the scales say 79!!!!!! I'm so freaking happy. Won't adjust my ticker until sunday. Oh phew. Relieved.
84Kg starting weight
78 kg current weight
65 kg goal weight
Inches lost
Bust 3
Waist 3
hips 1
Thigh 1
Bicep 0.5
babylove

Postby äirly » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:44 pm

Oh good luck on Sunday! Hitting 79 would be very nice :mrgreen:

I weigh in most days too! I force myself to sometimes (if i've been bad) but i find it keeps me accountable - otherwise i get an 'out of sight out of mind' mindset :)
HW: 84kgs (2011) got down to 67kgs (2012)
SW: 74kgs - (2013) post baby!
CW: 68kgs (Updated 6 May 2014)
GW: 62-64kgs (size 10)
äirly

Postby babylove » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:21 pm

Omg me too... Its like I will worry abt it another time! Of course that happens when your clothes no longer fit. I'm so excited to be losing without feeling too deprived.
84Kg starting weight
78 kg current weight
65 kg goal weight
Inches lost
Bust 3
Waist 3
hips 1
Thigh 1
Bicep 0.5
babylove

Next

Return to Personal Progress