It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:07 am

Free Newsletter

There once was a girl...

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

There once was a girl...

Postby thereoncewasagirl » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:09 pm

OBESE… Yup, that is me. I would love to be able to say that this has been a sudden realisation, or that I have medical reasons / had children / all of the excuses under the sun, but I have nothing. I am lazy and ate crap. :(

So how much do I weigh? 97.8kgs. I began this weight loss journey at a whopping 103kgs. I am 170cm tall and have a BMI of 33.9. The scary thing is, I am only 23 years old. :(

This journey for me is going to be tough. It is going to be a lot of blood, sweat and tears…
I started this thread as a place for me to check in to and record all of my progress – both positive and negative. It is a place for me to talk and vent, to work through issues and receive advice. Please feel free to join me on my journey.

So now comes the fun part – what lifestyle plan am I actually following? I have decided to go right back to basics. I am going to have fresh foods – fruits, vegies and lean meats. I am limiting my food intake (and have even bought a smaller plate!). I am limiting foods that are high in carbohydrates, but ensuring that I still eat whole grains etc every day.

I am also going to increase my about of exercise. I will start off with walking and work myself up to running.

So… bring on the cute, slim girl I know I can be! :D
Start Weight: 103kgs
Current weight: 91.3kgs
Loss so far: 11.7kgs
Interim goal: 85kgs by May 2012
Final goal: 65kgs by January 2013

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam - I shall either find a way or make one!
thereoncewasagirl

Re: There once was a girl...

Postby babylove » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:11 am

Hi and welcome. Congrats on your decision for health. Using your bmi as an indicator is a goid idea as to where your goal should be. Goid on you for already losing. You are young and otherwise healthy... You can do this! Can't wait to hear you love running. Xx
84Kg starting weight
78 kg current weight
65 kg goal weight
Inches lost
Bust 3
Waist 3
hips 1
Thigh 1
Bicep 0.5
babylove

Postby thereoncewasagirl » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:21 am

Good morning all,

I thought I would pop in and post... I have had a loss of 900gms this week, which is great for me! This means I have now lost 6.1kgs in total since I started my lifestyle change. My BMI is also now going down slightly to 33.2 :D

Over the last few weeks I have thought really hard about goals and know that I need something to inspire me. I am aiming to get to 85kgs by May 2012... This is completely possible as long as I work hard. If I am able to do this my gorgeous hubby has promised me a few days away (and I am already super excited about it!).

Other goals are:
93kgs or 10 kgs lost - GHD Hair Straightener :D
90kgs (the lowest my husband has ever seen me) - new dress
85kgs - holiday for 5 days

thereoncewasagirl

Postby thereoncewasagirl » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:37 pm

Two posts in one day... what is the world coming to?!

I am sitting at work sitting on a cup of tea so lovingly prepared by my husband (yay for working for the same company!), and I am trying to decide whether or not I want to go for a walk this afternoon. There is half of me that knows that walking is definitely the best thing I could do after dinner tonight, but there is the evil half of me that says that I have a headache, I'm tired and don't really feel like walking...

MOTIVATION - WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!

I guess that it doesn't help that work is extremely boring at the moment. Seriously, how the hell am I meant to make a newsletter about a strategic plan exciting?! I could choose to do any of the other tasks on my list, but do I really want to do data analysis on 128 targets, create a spreadsheet or review things that I have reviewed a million times before.

So here I am, trying to build up the motivation to walk...

I have also been doing a lot of thinking about what I want to wear when I finally get to my goal weight... my answer to this is anything that makes me look amazing! Dresses, shorts, jeans, pants... the itsy bitsy bikini and the super hot lingerie.

So, that is it. My mind is made up... Walking here I come!
Well, in 5 hours! :D

thereoncewasagirl

Postby SugarandSpice » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:07 pm

haha... I think there is always that little voice that tries to get us to skip exercise or says it's ok to eat something.. it's learning to ignore it that is the trick I think.

I got up this morning and was really tired and just not in the mood for anything. I too kept thinking of ways to avoid my exercise for the day (which is extra cleaning)... In the end I got up and did it and actually kept going for 3 hours - cleaning all the walls in my room and the hall.

Hope you ended up enjoying your walk! :D

Vicki
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
SugarandSpice

Postby thereoncewasagirl » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:20 am

Well done Vicki... I think if my exercise was cleaning I would be even more willing to skip it! I admire you for that!!!

I did enjoy my walk after all. We do this amazing walk along these beautiful cliffs overlooking a beach - absolutely amazing. I must admit that the NT does have spectacular looking beaches.

So, as I had admitted in a previous thread, I am a compulsive weigher.. I jump on the scales every morning. This morning I had a gain of 300 grams. This isn't much, but last night was the first night I had gone out and exercised properly. I guess my body is in a bit of shock haha :D Even though I had a small gain I am so excited to keep it up. I am going to do this!

Yesterday I had another win... hubby is in love with white bread. It is the only type of bread he will eat. There are only the two of us in our household, so one loaf of bread lasts a week for us, so it was not viable for us to have separate loaves. Yesterday we reached a compromise and now have wholemeal bread :D This is a small win, but i feel better about it!

So... I'm off to spend another day in front of the computer trying to write this damn newsletter...

thereoncewasagirl

Postby thereoncewasagirl » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:02 pm

I have some amazing news that I want to share with the world... I GOT OFFERED A PLACE AT UNI :D :D :D

This is a huge achievement for me. I never thought I would ever wind up with a degree - especially after spending a few years in the workforce.

I am going to attempt to take on the impossible - work full time, and study full time... but it will take me less than 3 years to complete my degree!

Super happy!!!!

thereoncewasagirl

Postby SugarandSpice » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:12 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I am doing Uni through OUA, and love it - am supposed to be writing an essay right this minute, lol.

What are you studying?

Good job on the wholemeal bread - I actually prefer it to wholegrain, myself and with kids I can get them to eat it easier than wholegrain..

Hope you managed to get your newsletter done.

Vicki
SugarandSpice

Postby thereoncewasagirl » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:23 am

Thanks Vicki :) I am studying Social Work as an external student through Deakin. This is a huge achievement for me. I will be the first in my family to ever go to uni!

I walked again last night, then jumped on the scales this morning and weigh in at 96.9 again... this is ok :) I am happy to be back under 97. I think my body was a little shocked at the fact that I was exercising, so it freaked out a little.

I have started noticing the changes in my body shape, which give me the confidence to just keep going. I am getting my curves back - I am no longer a blob!!!

This weekend hubby and I are going to start taking some pics that I can post on here to show my progress. We currently have a set of photos, but i am topless in all of them :lol:

Heres to losing even more weight!

thereoncewasagirl

Postby miss_viva » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:19 pm

Congratulations on your weightloss so far! Also, congratulations on getting into uni, that's really exciting for you!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Postby thereoncewasagirl » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:09 am

This morning I jumped on the scales and lost another 200gms... That takes me down to 96.7! Wooooo!

I have walked just under 5kms each night, but have increased the speed each time I do it :) Even my 80kgs husband is struggling to keep up with me now :lol:

I am feeling really good - really positive :) I love seeing the scales go down each morning.

thereoncewasagirl

Postby thereoncewasagirl » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:05 am

Woooooooooooooooooo! I am jumping around doing my happy dance because this morning I weighed in at 96.1!!!

I realised that I wasn't eating enough and that my body was going into starvation mode, so I picked up my act and had an amazing loss!

:D

thereoncewasagirl

Postby SugarandSpice » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:18 am

Congratulations!!!

You are doing such an amazing job!!!!

No much further till the GHD hair straightener!!!

So happy for you

Take Care
Vicki
SugarandSpice

Postby thereoncewasagirl » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:14 am

Morning all,

I am sitting at work feeling like a zombie. We had a huge weekend of renovating our bedroom. We didn't plan on doing it - we just wanted to buy a desk! But on Friday night we decided to pull down the built in wardrobe, which lead to painting, which lead to shopping... I'm so tired.

Yesterday we were at bunnings picking up the last of the paint to do touch ups. We got in the car to leave, tried to start it and it wouldn't go. We assumed it was the battery and called roadside assistance... opened the hood of the car and the battery terminal had overflowed and battery acid had built up around the terminal. $215 later (and with me rather sunburnt - damn you fair skin!) we were on our way home.

We decided to be lazy and had pizza... so after making it to 95.4 that morning, I threw it all away and am back to 97.2 :( I so don't know how I put on 1.8kgs when I didn't eat that much food... This is so not fair.

Oh well, back to walking tonight...

thereoncewasagirl

Postby SugarandSpice » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:36 pm

Bugger!!!

I know what you mean about the weight though!! Takes ages to get 1 kg off and only a slice of pizza to put it back - does not make sense at ll!! :twisted: It is probably just a small glitch and you will return to lower weight easy enough.

Vicki
SugarandSpice

Next

Return to Personal Progress