It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:19 pm

Free Newsletter

The Sugar and Spice Story

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

The Sugar and Spice Story

Postby SugarandSpice » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:13 am

Hi,

Well today is the end of week one for me and my first official weigh in - down to 125.9kg = loss of 2.3kg for the week. :D

Have had a few ups and downs this week.. but have managed to stay under 1500 calories each day. I did go searching the house for chocolate last night though - so lucky it is all gone!! Have not done much exercise.. :( it is just SO hot right now... the one day I did go walking by the time i got back my face looked like this - :oops:

I have decided my goal is to get under 100kg. will then see where I head from there. I am not wanting to be thin, just healthy and not obese.

I am still really struggling with breakfast - I can manage to eat one weetbix or 1/2 english muffin before I start to feel sick so any suggestions would be welcome.

Lunch, is normally a sandwich, although I am going to try and incorporate more salad into it. Dinner is usually a peice of meat/chicken with vegies. I have had roast lamb and veg, last night was just steamed veg and tonight will be chicken stir fry with honey and sesame sauce.

Thanks for all your support guys!
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
SugarandSpice

Re: The Sugar and Spice Story

Postby babylove » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:06 am

Congrats!!! Thats a fabulous loss this week!! I was thinking re the breakfast thing, keep it light if it makes you feel sick, add in a juice full of antioxidants like berries, or try prune juice. Its dense so filling... And two hours later have morning tea.?
If you crave sugar, go for honey on crackers its low gi won't cause blood sugar spikes, even tho choc is low gi its high fat.
84Kg starting weight
78 kg current weight
65 kg goal weight
Inches lost
Bust 3
Waist 3
hips 1
Thigh 1
Bicep 0.5
babylove

Postby SugarandSpice » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:23 pm

Thanks babylove.

I have found that if I try something plain for breakfast - I can't do it.. but if I have cheese and tomato or banana on an English muffin, I am much more able to get it down.

I am going to set myself some goals. I hate exercise and am always SO tired!! So I am not going to try and force myself to do heaps as that will only backfire on me. Here is my daily exercise routine..to start anyway...

MONDAY - extra hour to 2 hours of cleaning
TUESDAY - 10 minutes on exercise bike (will increase in time)
WEDNESDAY - Shopping Day = so lots of walking around shopping centre - park car far away from entrance
THURSDAY - weights - 15 minutes of weights
FRIDAY - toning exercises - 15 minutes
SATURDAY - walking - 20 minutes
SUNDAY - day off!!

This is my plan for the next 3 weeks - then I will review it.

I ended up joining my fitness pal - it says 1460 calories per day - am sticking to that easily. I like how it also breaks down fats/carbs and protein amounts for each day...

Take Care
Vicki
SugarandSpice

Postby SugarandSpice » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:29 pm

Also - have decided on some rewards for goals...

1st Goal - 120kg - decent haircut and colour (been years since I've had one as I hate seeing myself in the mirror at the hairdressers-lol)
2nd Goal - 110kg - pedicure
3rd Goal - 100kg - Night out

will think of other goals as I get closer to them - at the moment I would be more than ecstatic to just get to 100kg!!

Also - just a funny note - I bought a snack pot of nuts etc today and opened it earlier and pulled out a pea - put it in my mouth and didn't even get a chance to chew before my mouth was burning so much i had to spit it out and keep rinsing my mouth out with water, lol. Now I know what wasabi peas taste like-haha
SugarandSpice

Postby babylove » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:32 am

I like your plan. I found taking a few mins on sunday after weigh in to write down what I'm doing for the week stops things being vague and turns it into an appointment. Your rewards for reaching goals are great. I'm yet to do it, but may pinch the idea! Thanks! Lol at the wasabi peas. Fire up more than your metabolism!!!
84Kg starting weight
78 kg current weight
65 kg goal weight
Inches lost
Bust 3
Waist 3
hips 1
Thigh 1
Bicep 0.5
babylove

Postby chelsclint » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:03 pm

Hi Sugar,
Congrats on your efforts so far!
I love your rewards idea maybe i should try that! hmm have to think about some rewards i think.....
I know what you mean about feeling tired all the time... i struggle staying awake all day let alone throwing exercise into the mix, your plan is simple and doable keep us informed how you go with it.

I have recently joined a gym and even though my intention was to go everyday i think i make it once or twice a week and then do things at home the rest of the week. I have discovered the ps3 motion and my daughter has some great dancing games which i play with her helping my weightloss and its great bonding and having fun with her.
Do you have kids you can do things like ps3 motion or wii fit games with? it really doesnt seem like exercise even though i break a huge sweat and cant move the next morning! :lol:

I really struggled with breakfast to begin with, i tried diet shakes because they are easy in the morning but still give you enough get up and go to get started. I often grab an apple or banana as i run out the door too because i can eat them on the way and it makes it seem like less of a chore

Anyway good luck with the weight loss and keep us informed. xx
chelsclint

Postby thereoncewasagirl » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:58 am

You are doing so well!

Breakfast is always hard to get used to. I too struggle with eating in the morning, but found that a really quick 10 min walk always gets me in the mood to eat.

Keep up the amazing work!
Start Weight: 103kgs
Current weight: 91.3kgs
Loss so far: 11.7kgs
Interim goal: 85kgs by May 2012
Final goal: 65kgs by January 2013

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam - I shall either find a way or make one!
thereoncewasagirl

Postby SugarandSpice » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:16 pm

Thanks Guys!!

Had a big day today... was tired and cranky this morning - but decided (eventually) that I really needed to get off my butt and do the extra cleaning I said I would as my exercise for the day. Started out in my room - cleaning all the walls and kept going down the hallway - ended up doing about 3 hours worth and was sweating and exhausted by the time I finished - so quite pleased with myself.

Breakfast was again an English muffin with cheese and tomato - getting used to that.

Dinner was a half a piece of crumbed steak (cooked with cooking spray) and a plate of carrots, corn, broccoli, beans, pumpkin and small amount of potato.

I ended up telling my son to take the scales to stop me from hopping on them because i started hopping on them every time I walked past -lol. Now I really miss them!! But will wait and see how I have gone Friday - am hoping I will do ok.

Am going to have to do some yard work tomorrow as one of my puppies has figured out that digging a hole near the fence means he can get out and run around the street. I have put so many blocks and boards in the way - but she gets past them all. Have read that placing chicken wire in the ground deters them - so will be digging and putting chicken wire in tomorrow.

Vicki
SugarandSpice

Postby babylove » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:54 pm

Funny how some dogs just want to escape. My dog now doesn't dig, doesnt like outdoors, hates dog food, and watches a mouse run by wothout moving!!! Good luck with yard proofing , is it hot where you are?
84Kg starting weight
78 kg current weight
65 kg goal weight
Inches lost
Bust 3
Waist 3
hips 1
Thigh 1
Bicep 0.5
babylove

Postby SugarandSpice » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:44 pm

Hi Babylove,

Yeah, I live in Cairns, QLD.

When the puppy first started digging I thought she was aiming to get a cool place to lay... but she digs near the patio and doesn't lay there. I think it is partly an adventure thing. She goes out and hasn't gone near the road, just in the front yard and today she actually ventured into the neighbours yard - so I don't think it will be long before she strays further if able to get out.

She is a cattle dog cross and only 9 weeks old and my other puppy is a staffy, only half her size at 7 weeks and she followed her today :(

I need to take her walking to wear her out a bit, I think, but she is just not impressed with the leash, so we are still working on that -lol

Vicki
SugarandSpice

Postby chelsclint » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:26 am

hi Vicki...
Goodluck with the fence,,, its funny how many peoples daily exercise is animal related lol
Today i get to totally upend my house, my lovely cat decided to bring fleas into the house so today i need to let off flea bombs and completely strip the house and scrub everything, nasty little buggars they are!

You sound like your doing really well Vicki and I hope your weightloss shows that this week for you, Goodluck darl xx
chelsclint

Postby thereoncewasagirl » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:25 am

Well done Vicki :)

I am sitting here with my breakfast looking at me, and i really don't want to eat it!

It's a small world that you are in Cairns... I spent my latter teenage years in Innisfail!

Hope you have an amazing day!

thereoncewasagirl

Postby SugarandSpice » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:05 pm

Thanks Guys,

Was a big day!! Took about 4 hours to fix all the fence up and weed and chop trees etc and then clean the yard up - and I got sunburnt :(

When I finally came inside and sat down, I just about seized up, my back and shoulders were so sore!!

thereoncewasagirl - I only managed 3/4 of my morning muffin today.... I used to live in Innisfail too!! Once when I was in primary school, then again when I was 21 and then again about 6 years ago...

Chelsie - fleas really are a a nightmare. I use Advocate on my pets, although there is a really great new tablet for dogs for fleas called comfortis, it doesn't have a cat equivalent... plus advocate does worms at the same time.

I am feeling quite proud of the work I have done this week (I know it's only Tuesday), I am normally the biggest couch potato. I have to say I have still been having afternoon naps. and the last 2 days i forgot to eat lunch... i was just so exhausted I collapsed on my bed for a nanna nap without even realising it. later when I woke up I realised I hadn't had lunch and didn't want to teat then as it might be too close to dinner??

Am dying to get my hands on the scales - bur glad my son took them - I will wait till Friday and see what my results are.

Take Care everyone
Vicki
SugarandSpice

Postby thereoncewasagirl » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:39 am

3/4 of a muffin is better than no muffin at all :lol: I must admit, just typing that made me giggle.

You are doing absolutely amazing! I am so proud of you!!

thereoncewasagirl

Postby miss_viva » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:10 pm

Hi Sugar and Spice :)

Congratulations on your loss so far, you're doing really well! I'm sure you'll smash your "under 100" goal by the end of the year at this rate.

You asked about possible breakfast ideas, so here's a few you might like to try:

Raisin toast with a little butter/margarine (my favourite - I have it almost every day!)

Fresh seasonal fruit

Plain, low fat/low sugar yogurt with added fruit, like blueberries or strawberries

An English muffin (since you like those!) lightly spread with avocado and a little low fat cheese grated on top (one of my fav. snacks!)

A muesli bar - some can be a little high in calories/sugar, but you can work this into your daily calorie allowance.

French toast - I make a really basic one, with just one piece of bread, one egg and a little cinnamon sprinkled over the top. Eggs are great as they contain a lot of protein and cinnamon has been shown to have a lot of positive health benefits.

Good luck! I hope you enjoy some of these :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy8rKpB/]
[/url]

Heaviest Weight: 115kgs
New Starting Weight: 84kgs
Goal Weight: 75kgs
miss_viva

Next

Return to Personal Progress