It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:16 am

Free Newsletter

The Sugar and Spice Story

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: The Sugar and Spice Story

Postby chelsclint » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:08 pm

Hi Vicki,

I am so glad that you are finally feeling better and i dont think you need to push yourself i think you are doing so well considering how sick youve been! You make me feel so bad as in comparison ive had it easy and Ive done nothing! I cant believe you lost so little,,, if it makes you feel better Ive put on 3kg the past two weeks:( i cant complain though because ive done i should be doing... long story will write it on my page thingy so you only have to read it if you want to! lol

I hope you keep improving and a big well done to you 2nd eldest what a fantastic kid, I can see why you are so proud!

Take care of yourself darl

Chelsie
chelsclint

Postby SugarandSpice » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:29 am

Thanks Chelsie and don't be too hard on yourself!

funny thing I was just thinking... I have always suffered bad headaches and everyone always says - have you had much water today when they know I have a headache... apparently drinking water is supposed to fix it - well it doesn't!!! I have drunk nothing but water for a week or more (except for 1 glass of OJ/day) and am still getting bad headaches!!

When I went shopping I bought a lemon and a lime and I alternate each day popping a slice in my cup and just refill same cup each time with cold water - just to add a little flavour to the water.

I also bought a couple of cans of 4 bean mix - don't ask why...lol - so now have to go find a recipe to use them in - a salad type one...??
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
SugarandSpice

Postby chelsclint » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:08 pm

Hi Vicki,

You are soooo good, I cant help you with 4 bean mix because i dont eat it lol The lemon and lime alternating is a good idea though i might pinch it! lol

Thanks for the tip lol

Goodluck xx
chelsclint

Postby babylove » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:33 pm

There was a haricot bean recipe on everyday gourmet, had diced pancetta in it. looked yum.
84Kg starting weight
78 kg current weight
65 kg goal weight
Inches lost
Bust 3
Waist 3
hips 1
Thigh 1
Bicep 0.5
babylove

Postby SugarandSpice » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:03 pm

Thanks Chelsie and Babylove...

Well Last night we took our puppies to their first night of obedience training - looks like I will be getting some exercise there every Monday lol. My back was killing me from standing around so long - 1st night is listening to instructions - but saw the preschool group walking up and down and round and round lol and we start preschool next week.

Tonight I was a little naughty - we got pizza for cheap Tuesday/ Valentines Day... I have not had pizza for months even before trying to lose weight and so it was a special treat. I ate 4 pieces (which I normally would have eaten WAY more) so that's not too bad... took me over my calorie limit though - will just have to better tomorrow. :D

Found some really nice bean recipes - so will have to get some more ingredients tomorrow to make them.

Has anyone tried the new Helga's thins? I bought a pack and they are quite nice - only problem is they say don't freeze them and I am the only one in the family that will eat them and there is 8 in a packet - I think they will go mouldy before I get to the end of the pack....

I don't think I ever actually said but my tooth (the bridge) fell out the same night they reattached it from the first fall out lol, so am off to dentist tomorrow and hopefully will get it put back and it will stay there!!

Take Care
Vicki
SugarandSpice

Postby chelsclint » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:10 am

Morning Vicki,
I seriously think you need a new dentist! lol
What are Helga thins?
Puppy training is great for excercise for you and pup, what sort of dogs do you have? We got a new pup on Thursday night, Axle is an Alaskan Malamute and 10 weeks but had a pretty rough start to life so we rescued him. His training will be a little different to most though as he is deaf so he needs deaf puppy training but im looking forward to it starting next week.
Pizza once in a while wont hurt and you did well to cut down.

Goodluck til next time xx
chelsclint

Postby SugarandSpice » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:57 pm

hehe Chelsie... I think a new dentist is a good idea too - but I am stuck with this one as they have my Medicare plan form from Dr's.... hopefully it will be fixed properly today!!

Aren't puppies gorgeous!! Mine are Sugar and Spice - hence my forum name lol. We rescued one pup (Sugar) - she is a bull arab x cattle dog - 14 weeks now. Her and her brother were abandoned and found absolutely starving at 6 weeks - a lady put a notice on face book if anyone wanted them as they could not find owners and all refuges were closed/full at Christmas - so we went and got her Christmas eve. She is lovely, she is actually inter-sexed (hermaphrodite) - she has female genitalia but it is very enlarged and that is due to a penis inside, so am not looking forward to the vet bill for de-sexing... our vet that does everything else is a mobile vet and doesn't do surgeries - he said some of the vets here will probably try and charge us double as they will have never come across this issue - it is fairly rare..... He sees her every week at the moment as she was born with mange and has to have a needle every week for 6 weeks - up to week 3 now... We also got another puppy New Years Eve (Spice) so they could grow up together - she is a staffy - her mother was american staffy and father English staffy - but she is small. After god knows how many weeks and bricks, boards and blocks I think we have finally curtailed their digging out under the fence - haven't had an escape in over a week thankfully!! They are pretty well behaved and good natured, loved meeting all the other dogs at obedience training and I am really looking forward to it every week. It not only trains them, but gives me a reason to get out and hopefully meet other people. My daughter comes and she takes Spice and I take Sugar. Good on you for rescuing a dog - more people should do that than buy a new one i think!! I actually googled deaf dogs as when we got Sugar we were told by the lady that her ears weren't opened properly, when she came home we found she never acknowledged us calling her etc, so looked it all up. Turns out though she was just fine and probably just ignoring us lol.

I splurged this week and bought myself a bed from a buy/swap/sell on face book - My current mattress is rock hard and very uncomfortable - I found this even more so when I was stuck in bed last week!! So even though it is not in my budget I think I deserve a comfy sleep, will arrive Saturday so am hanging out till then!!

I badly need a haircut - I have thick curly hair and it is driving me insane!! I normally cut my own hair whenever it bother me - but I have a proper haircut as my reward for getting down to 120kg so I am waiting - and hoping I get there sooner rather than later lol.

Yeah, I'm not beating myself up over the pizza, I agree that once in a while a nice takeaway is ok, and we don't do it very often.

Helga thins are by the bread "helga's" - they are in the bread aisle at the supermarket and I suppose they are like a cross between a pita bread (thiness) and a bread roll (shape) - they really are quite nice and come in different varieties like soy and linseed etc... I just got the wholemeal ones and I like them. It is just a pity it recommends not freezing as I feel like I am wasting money buying a pack of 8 and having half go mouldy before I get to them....

How are you going with everything?

Take Care
Vicki
SugarandSpice

Postby Mayden » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:31 pm

Hi Vicki,

I am so glad you are enjoying your puppies, they are so much fun and so loyal, plus they are so grateful even if you throw a ball for them. I just had the new Helgas, they are quite yummy. I also wondered what I would do with the 8 of them, but hubby ate them as well.

I think your haircut will be such a great thing, it will boost you heaps.

I find the 4 been mix fantastic, I try and have them in the cupboard all the time. I find they make a salad so much more filling. I drain and rinse them, then add a little olive oil with either lemon or vinegar. You can also chop up a Spanish onion, red capsicum, parsley.

You did really well with only 4 bits of pizza, hmm I could go a piece right now.

I am finding my tummy feels sick at night, not really hungry, just empty and sick.I had a few small wafer biscuits, hopefully that will see me through until I go to sleep.I know it is the worst time of all to eat, but it is the worst for me. I sometimes have a glass of of light milk.

Keep up the good work, I will look forward to your haircut announcement.

Cheers

Denise
Goals
30th April 77 Kilos I am so determined to get to this goal
Mid June 73 kilos
Mid August 69 kilos
November 68 Kilos
Mayden

Postby SugarandSpice » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:51 pm

well, it has been a rough few days... I don't know quite what has gotten into me??

I have been overeating :( today was bad - I just sort of wandered around looking for food all day... whilst I still tried to make it as healthy as I could, I was really craving sugar!! I'm not sure if it is my diabetes med's? When I first started them the same thing happened - I craved sugar all the time. I have basically restarted them as I had close to 2 weeks where I took none of my med's due to being sick.

I'm also finding it a little hard to reconcile spending money on salads etc only to have it all go brown... I am the only one in the house who eats that sort of thing and the salad mix I bought on Saturday was disgusting looking when I went to use it today - why is it so hard to buy 1 person serves ??

I thought about having a cup of coffee today - but decided against it... I think if I drank one it would just lead me back to several a day and surely it is healthier without that?

I will sit down over the weekend and write myself up a plan regarding exercise and post it - in the hopes that I will then stick to it as I have been really slack this week.

Next few weeks are full on for me - I have 6 essays to write this coming week for an exam for Uni - plus study for an exam in another subject the following week.

I feel like a bit of a failure today - with the overeating etc and this would normally be my cue to say - what the hell I just can't do this! BUT I am not going to do that... even when I get on those scales on Sunday and find out i have put on weight this week, I will not let it deter me from the end goal. I will get back in the saddle this week and have a loss next week!!

Yes Denise - I am really keen for that haircut and will not cheat and get it early - so big incentive to get my butt in gear!!

Forgot to mention - didn't get my tooth fixed this week - Mitchell wasn't feeling well and I had to stay home, when I rang the dentist they got a bit shirty with me and said if I didn't come that day they would not see me for 2 weeks as they had to borrow the cement from another dentist for that day... I didn't realise the cement only lasted a day??? Anyway, I said well, then that will have to be what happens as I just cannot come today!! so have to wait another few weeks before I can smile again lol

Anyway, Maddison has gone to a friends for the night, Mitchell is asleep and Casey is on face book in his room - so I have the TV to myself for a change - am going to make the most of it!!

have a great weekend everyone!!

Take Care
Vicki
SugarandSpice

Postby Mayden » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:51 pm

Hi Vicki,

I had a coffee today, now I am eating my last ice block, we are not giving up that is the best part.

Lettuce is very easy to grow, you would only need a small pot, then pick the leaves as you need them. If you cannot buy a small handful, I would go without. Celery and cucumber will last a lot longer in an airtight container in the fridge. Our salads consist of a few thin slices of left over meat, lamb or chicken, cottage cheese, beetroot, boiled egg, tomatoes, cucumber, 3 bean mix, sometimes some no added sugar pineapple, celery and capsicum if we have it. I know the lettuce looks good but I do not think it is a necessity. I also do not know about the beetroot, it probably has heaps if sugar, but I love beetroot, so I will have little.

Bugger about your tooth, I hope it eventually gets fixed.

Enjoy your TV night.

Denise
Goals
30th April 77 Kilos I am so determined to get to this goal
Mid June 73 kilos
Mid August 69 kilos
November 68 Kilos
Mayden

Postby chelsclint » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:04 pm

Hi Guys...
Finally im back Vicks, seems like ages! Yes puppy is very rewarding and i think axle may have the same ear development thingy your dog had because the longer he is here, the more he responds to us!

One bad day of over eating is ok... and you are doing so well hun, i know you wont give up because i can sense how determined you are.
Its been a really hard week this week but i wont bore you here, will fill people in on my progress page.

I look forward to getting back on track and reading you progress because you really do give me a great deal of inspiration.

Big hugs... keep trying
Love Chels xx
chelsclint

Postby SugarandSpice » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:26 pm

Thanks Chels :D

Well my new "second hand" bed has arrived - took me about an hour to drag it all to the bedroom and put it all together - but it is SO comfy!! I am going for a nanna nap - lol.

On the other hand - I had a sore throat yesterday and this morning when I woke up my tongue was stinging and sore - so went off to the chemist and I have thrush in my mouth/throat from the bloody antibiotics!! :twisted:

The stuff you have to put in your mouth to fix it tastes like absolute poison!! The pamphlet says to just let it sit in your mouth as long as you can - yeah about 2 seconds before I am swallowing and trying to wash the taste out lol.

I used to get really stressed out by stuff like this - you know "if it's not one thing - it's another".. always seemed like I would get on top of one issue and two more would take their place... I don't know why - but I am coping very well with it all now and don't let any of it phase me - my new motto is " I can only do what I can do!!"

Have a good Saturday everyone!
SugarandSpice

Postby SugarandSpice » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:31 am

well - weigh in this morning and I have actually put on 100 g... I expected a gain - so am not upset and am actually happy that it was only such a small one.

I'm going to sit down today and work out a meal plan of sorts - just for dinners, so I can make sure my grocery shop is effective, and of course my exercise plan.

Essay writing is also on the agenda today - 6 x 500 word min essays due this week - so better get them done!!
SugarandSpice

Postby hummingbird01 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:15 am

hi sugar and spice. Just dropping in to say 'g'day'. look forward to sharing the journey with you- you sound amazingly busy .
May i ask what you are studying? :)
hummingbird01

Postby SugarandSpice » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:17 pm

Hi hummingbird01,

I am studying through Open Universities as I can do this at home when I can - I am just finishing 2 units Wellbeing and Australian and Global Society, which are toward a Bachelor of Arts - Community Development. In a week I start 2 more units - Internet and Everyday Life and Creative and Professional Writing - they are just 2 electives that I thought might be useful...???

Vicki
SugarandSpice

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress