It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:28 am

Free Newsletter

The Sugar and Spice Story

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: The Sugar and Spice Story

Postby Mayden » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:23 am

Well done with the no smoking and water Vicki, a big congrats from me.

Keep it up, and well done with the counter change!! another kilo down. I will hang my head in shame and kind of be thankful that I do not have access to any scales LOL
Goals
30th April 77 Kilos I am so determined to get to this goal
Mid June 73 kilos
Mid August 69 kilos
November 68 Kilos
Mayden

Postby SugarandSpice » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:23 pm

Thanks Guys,

I am up to day 4 of no smoking and feeling really positive about it. I do still keep going to reach for my packet of smokes, but think that is all just habit... will get past that soon!!

Had dog obedience last night and my goodness, my puppies are just uncontrollable!! Even the instructor was laughing at how naughty they were. Felt like good exercise though.

Took Mitchell for his checkup with surgeon today and they are happy that his wound is not getting worse... Maddison is back to normal, Casey is off on school camp tomorrow and I am back off to the dentist to hopefully finally get my bridge fitted properly....

Have been doing well with eating, and am starting to feel a little more energetic, so off to walk the dogs this afternoon.

Take Care
Vicki
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
SugarandSpice

Postby SugarandSpice » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:27 am

Ha, I just read my last post and obviously I spoke too soon!! Maddison had a 'naughty' night that night and I had to take her phoen away, then yesterday she informs she is off to live with someone else... All sorted now though (I hope anyway)....

I am feeling good. No smoking, eating better and exercising are agreeing with me - who knew? :lol: I can't really see any change when I look in the mirror, but I feel it.

Has anyone tried those new breakfast biscuits - Belvita breakfast? I bought 2 sample packs - the milk and cereals and the fruit one. - I have had teh milk and cereal one this morning = 230cal for 4 biscuits. Taste nice, feel a little guilty as they are quite sweet, but would be great with a coffee for those times when you are in a hurry!!

Must have been half asleep this morning and didn't put the garage roller door all the way up, so when I went to reverse out there was a huge crashing noise - got out and the roller door is all twisted and buckled... took us about half an hour to unjam it and get it up far enough to get the van out to take the kids to school - now I am going to have to figure out how to fix it!!!
SugarandSpice

Postby sarahlovesjeff » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:52 pm

It's great that you are still motivated and sticking to no smoking while other things around you aren't always going to plan!

Sarah :]
๑۩12 WEEK CHALLENGER۩๑
Currently: 109.8
Start: 109.8
①: ②: ③: ④: ⑤:
⑥: ⑦: ⑧: ⑨: ⑩:
⑪: ⑫:
Pledge for week 1: Eat more fruit and veggies
sarahlovesjeff

Postby SugarandSpice » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:01 pm

Thanks Sarah!!

I still feel like a smoke every so often - but I think it is just the fact that I automatically go to grab them not that I actually want one...

After the shocking week I was having last week I got some good news on Friday afternoon... We have been wanting to move closer to town for 3 years and finally a wheelchair accessible house has become available right near the kids school!!! :D :D Scary part is we need to move asap. So have been packing all weekend.

I will admit that I had McDonalds for tea - and Angus burger and a coffee frappe ( I am not even game enough yet to enter it into myfitnesspal) :oops: But I have been working my butt off and did not feel like cooking tea!

I will try and check in every night but when we move we may lose internet for a few days until the new house connection is up.. :(

Anyway, hope everyone had a great weekend and all the best for this week!!

Take Care
Vicki
SugarandSpice

Postby Mayden » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:16 pm

Wow, Vicki, you are doing so well!! I go away and every time I look at your counter another kilo gone!! fantastic. Good luck with the move.

Dee
Goals
30th April 77 Kilos I am so determined to get to this goal
Mid June 73 kilos
Mid August 69 kilos
November 68 Kilos
Mayden

Postby SugarandSpice » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:43 pm

Thanks Dee, I was actually very pleasantly surpriosed when I hopped on those scales this morning 120.9kg - nearly time to get a haircut :D lol

I did eat badly a couple of days this week and thought I wouldn't have much of a loss... Had to take Casey to an appt today at a shopping centre and we went to the food court - in a choice between KFC and subway ... subway won and it was yummy... even Casey who normally only eats sausage sandwiches or chicken nuggets (one of his quirks) had a subway roll with ham, lettuce and carrot.... he had to eat other food at camp last week, so hopefully he will start trying more foods - plus he wants to put on weight as he is very underweight and he and a friend are starting weights so he wants to start eating more carbs and protein

So far I have packed and cleaned - Maddison's room, both bathrooms (so every has strict instructions to keep them tidy), and the kitchen (all cupboards cleaned out - just have a couple of boxes of stuff on the bench to use... My room is done as far as I can whilst still using it... Tomorrow is outside day and Casey's room - maybe Mitchell's as well if I get to it? Will be emptying the shed and doing a load or two to the tip.. Dogs are getting desexed tomorrow and Casey has an appointment as well, so will be running around in between...

Wednesday not much will get done as it is my 'morning off' so am back off to the dentist - who I hope finally have my bridge ready!!! Then an hour after I get home I have to take Mitchell to his weekly appointment....

Anyway, will try and catch up again tomorrow night - keep at it everyone!! :D
SugarandSpice

Postby SugarandSpice » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:50 pm

wow, it's been nearly a week since I checked in...

have been very busy - have packed and moved house this week, cleaned out old house and have unpacked and set up most of this new and am now exhausted lol.

Have been pretty good with meals, although there were a few takeaways, I am hoping I made good choices.. will find out tomorrow when I weigh in.

Vicki
SugarandSpice

Postby hummingbird01 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:32 pm

hi sugarandspice welcome back good to have you around again ! :)
hummingbird01

Postby SugarandSpice » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:48 am

Well, obviously I was not good enough with my meals lol as I put on 400g....

oh well - will get rid of it this week!!
'
I am really tired at the moment... the moving exhausted me, my cpap mask broke and I have to wait to get it fixed so am not sleeping properly, am stressed as my sons air pressure mattress (which is $8000 and relieves pressure on his skin so his wound doesn't get any worse) broke in the move and I am waiting for a replacement pump for that... I lost a $50 note whilst out at the chemist yesterday - must have fallen out of my wallet ... am not game enough to say things couldn't get worse as I would probably jinx myself lol.

Anyway

Take Care
Vicki
SugarandSpice

Postby skinnyinside » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:14 pm

Hi there Vicki,

I just noticed your post! and everyone else lol, i thought i was the only person still hanging around the forum :P silly me.

You are doing really well, you seem to have a very stressful life and i have no idea how you do it! I have just started studying with OUA, doing one unit a study period at the moment to get used to studying with my toddler lol. I have quit smoking a few times, and most recently in october 2011 this time is it for real, i feel like one occasionally but i know if i have even just one its back into the viscious old cycle.

I look forward to seeing your progress :)

take care,

Joanna
skinnyinside

Postby SugarandSpice » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:54 am

Hey Joanna,

I am studying with OUA too, I started with SSK12, then did 2 units last SP. This SP I also signed up for 2, but dropped out of one as it was just the wrong unit for me - what is your end goal?? I was originally wanting to do a BA Community Development - but am not sure any more....

It has been nearly 3 weeks since I stopped smoking, some days it feels like forever and then there are times where I think - gee I really want a smoke right now!!!

I have been stuck at home since Monday waiting for a courier to deliver this stupid pump for my sons mattress and they still haven't turned up!!! The guy said I had to sign for it - so am not game enough to leave the house, lol. BUT I have so many other things I need to get done... aggghhh!!!

Anyway, I need to go roust these kids again as they need to get to school..

Take Care
Vicki
SugarandSpice

Postby skinnyinside » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:06 am

Hi Vicki,

My end result will be a bachelor of education (early childhood), i want to teach preppies lol.

Dont you hate it when you are waiting for something to arrive! ugh silly delivery people, i hope they come soon for you!
skinnyinside

Postby SugarandSpice » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:10 pm

I am such a duffer sometimes....

I finally called today to find out where the pump was and found out is somewhere on the Bruce Highway the other side of flood waters, lol So I called the occupational therapist to see if we can borrow one for now and she was too busy to check if one is available till Monday - so have had to hire one which should be delivered tomorrow - then I get another call to say that the pump should turn up tomorrow!!! :roll:

On top of that I went to the shops and the shelves are almost bare - no nice fruit or veg... :(
SugarandSpice

Postby Retire_The_Fat » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:16 pm

flood or famine...it's happening with both nature and pumps :(

Glad that you are getting the pump though and the mattress will be all fixed up.

๑۩12 WEEK CHALLENGER۩๑
Currently: 93.9K
Start of challenge: 98.6
①97K: ②96.6K: ③96.3: ④95.6:⑤96.1:
⑥94.5: ⑦94.3: ⑧ 93.9: ⑨: ⑩:⑪: ⑫:
Pledge for week 10: NO excuses!
Retire_The_Fat

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress