It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:11 pm

Free Newsletter

Alot to lose

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Alot to lose

Postby chelsclint » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:56 pm

Hi guys, I have been posting in the Introduction section for about two weeks nows and have decided to start my own personal progress for me records in the future. Hopefully oneday I will look back at this and think... wow... im a totally different person.

I am morbidly obese, i started this journey (this time) weighing a massive 181kg, (sz 26-28) I cried when i weighed myself and even my trainer at the gym was in shock, apparently i dont look my size but i feel every kilo of it.

I could sit back and blame the illness's i have or the medication i take, the depression, fracturing my spine years ago etc but although none of these have helped, the truth is Ive also been really slack, i eat badly and i eat the wrong things all the time.
Food is my comfort, my ease of boredom and my escape when things go wrong which is really stupid because my life is pretty good at the moment. i lost my job a few months back which hit me hard but other than that i am lucky, I have a gorgeous daughter who is now 13 and luckily doesnt struggle with her weight. I recently got Engaged to a man who doesnt care how much i weigh and im totally in love with them both.

My motivation originally was to lose weight so I could fit into a normal wedding dress, to not have to get one specially made or ordered online from a plus size store. Although this is still a goal my biggest motivation now is my daughter, the past three weeks Ive started doing a few things with her to help lose weight, games on the ps3 motion and stuff like that and i had no idea how much she hated the way i am, how embarrassing it is for a high school girl to have a HUGE Mum. I had no idea kids were picking on her because of me and its only now im trying to fix it that she has let me know how much it means to her.
So as i go on my weight loss journey when i feel like quitting,,, which ive felt like doing several times already, i will think of her.

At weigh in this morning I had lost 13.5 kg in total.. I am hoping to lose half my body weight and reach 90kg, i know this will be a long journey!

I have totally changed my eating patterns, im trying not to have takeaway which i was having at least once a week and if we do have takeaway i aim for something like subway or fish and chips, ,minus the chips. When im down i do something, instead of grab a block of chocolate i do something physical like go for a walk, do some cleaning or turn on the wii or ps3.
Three weeks ago I joined a gym and im starting out at 3 times a week (1 with trainer) as i have a really bad back injury and have been advised this is my limit.

So if anyone has some advice or just feels like a chat please comment as i really do need all the help i can get,,, i really dont think anyone in my circle of friends or family understands as they all have their weight in control.
Being on here the last few weeks has been really helpful so im hoping to hear from you all.
Thanks Chelsie
chelsclint

Re: Alot to lose

Postby SugarandSpice » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:06 pm

Hey Chelsie,

Congratulations on the weight loss so far. I look forward to hearing more great stories from you!!! :D

Vicki
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
SugarandSpice

Postby babylove » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:07 pm

Congrats on your loss so far its fantastic. Your post really touched me...abt your sweet daughter and your relationship. You will do this!!!
84Kg starting weight
78 kg current weight
65 kg goal weight
Inches lost
Bust 3
Waist 3
hips 1
Thigh 1
Bicep 0.5
babylove

Postby chelsclint » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:42 pm

Thanks guys I appreciate it. xxx
chelsclint

Postby chelsclint » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:38 pm

Hi again,
So i tried the my net diary today and i just love the notion that i can scan are barcode and my phone works all the calories and stuff out for me,, then i put in my excercise and its all infront of me... Ive never understood the whole calorie thing and this does it for me.
It said I could have 2087 calories to lose 90 kg in 18 months or 1900 in a year, The thing is im only eating about 900 a day at the moment so im guessing sticking under my calorie intake really isnt going to be a problem. I also love how it breaks the day up into energy and protein and stuff for me to see.

Heres to Net diary... and we shall see how i go tomorrow!
chelsclint

Postby babylove » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:29 am

Wow that calorie intake its so do able. I love keeping the food journal and to think I was hesitant???!!!
84Kg starting weight
78 kg current weight
65 kg goal weight
Inches lost
Bust 3
Waist 3
hips 1
Thigh 1
Bicep 0.5
babylove

Postby SugarandSpice » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:33 am

hey Chelsie,

Which app are you using for the net diary? Sounds good !!

Keep up the great work!!!

Vicki
SugarandSpice

Postby thereoncewasagirl » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:26 am

Well done for taking the first steps hun!

Weddings are the best motivation for weight loss!

Take things in small steps. Every gram you lose is a victory. Every time you gain just remember that we all have our ups and downs!
Start Weight: 103kgs
Current weight: 91.3kgs
Loss so far: 11.7kgs
Interim goal: 85kgs by May 2012
Final goal: 65kgs by January 2013

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam - I shall either find a way or make one!
thereoncewasagirl

Postby chelsclint » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:49 am

Hi guys,

I am using the free version of my net diary, i love that on the iphone you can just scan the barcode and it tells you the calories etc,
Thanks for all the supportive words i really do appreciate it.
chelsclint

Postby SugarandSpice » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:23 pm

I couldn't figure out how to get free net diary so ended up with similar from 'fat secret' -it's online and phone and also has bar code scanner which is great - makes it so much easier!!

Vicki
SugarandSpice

Postby chelsclint » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:31 am

Hi Vicki,
glad you found something let me know what fat secret is like... I joined a new thing online lastnight, its called million kilo challenge, channel ten and beyond blue are doing a fundraiser , anyone trying to lose weight can sign up for nothing and they try to raise money for charity by losing weight... its a 12 week challenge might give you a little more motivation if youre interested.
chelsclint

Postby SugarandSpice » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:14 pm

Hey Chelsie,

thanks for that - I joined 1millionkilochallenge to and started a group for anyone on here who wants to be a part of it - group is called "no excess baggage".

can't wait to start that and see how we go.

Vicki
SugarandSpice

Postby chelsclint » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:02 am

Hi Guys,

Yesterday was a really hard one and sometimes living opposite a service station full of chocolate delights doesnt help! I didnt cave but im so close to it.

My daughter is staying at her nans for a week and rung me absoltuely hysterical just to tell me she hates me, which put me in a great mood, then I had a huge argument with my Mother and then we get the call that my fiance no longer has a job!
The job ofcourse is the one that tips me over the edge as it means we are in real trouble as Im outta work too.
My luxury weightloss weapon of the Gym is now not realistic and its just like getting a punch in the guts. Being sooo big i really need my one session a week with my trainer to keep me going.... I guess now im going to have to find something else to keep me going.
Although I know i should be worried about bills and sensible stuff which i am, the thing that has really upset me is that we are now having to cancel our Engagement party... it may seem really shallow but i hadnt told many people i was dieting and have bought a beautiful outfit to wear and wanted to suprise everyone, i was hoping by the time the party came round i would of lost 20kg so it would start showing alot more. It kinda gave me a little mini motivation before reaching the big goal!

Im so determine not to give up but right now im so stressed out im really struggling, has anyone had those days were you just want to give up? How did you ignore that inner feeling of damn its just too hard!
Sorry its so miserable today, I will be fine tomorrow, today i am happy to sulk though! :roll:
chelsclint

Postby SugarandSpice » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:38 am

Hugs Chelsie!!!

I am sorry to hear what you are going through and I totally understand where you are coming from with regards to the engagement party. I know it wouldn't be the same, but maybe an intimate dinner with a few close friends where everyone pays their own way might be ok?

I am glad you are not giving up. I think you have to look at it this way - there are things you cannot control (job losses etc) but you can control what you do about your weight.

keep your chin up, you can get through this. It may be tough, but you are tougher!!!

Vicki
SugarandSpice

Postby thereoncewasagirl » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:36 am

Awww sweet, keep your chin up! I know this is easier than it sounds :(

Everything happens for a reason. We just have to persevere and make the most of what life throws at us some times.
Start Weight: 103kgs
Current weight: 91.3kgs
Loss so far: 11.7kgs
Interim goal: 85kgs by May 2012
Final goal: 65kgs by January 2013

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam - I shall either find a way or make one!
thereoncewasagirl

Next

Return to Personal Progress