It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:41 am

Free Newsletter

Alot to lose

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Alot to lose

Postby Retire_The_Fat » Thu May 17, 2012 9:57 pm

Good for you!!

The chat and support are so important. I'm glad for you that your WW consultant is so good :)

I try to get all my drinks in before dinner so I dont end up getting up too often during the night LOL

๑۩12 WEEK CHALLENGER۩๑
Currently: 93.9K
Start of challenge: 98.6
①97K: ②96.6K: ③96.3: ④95.6:⑤96.1:
⑥94.5: ⑦94.3: ⑧ 93.9: ⑨: ⑩:⑪: ⑫:
Pledge for week 10: NO excuses!
Retire_The_Fat

Postby chelsclint » Fri May 18, 2012 7:48 pm

Hi all...

thanks retire... ill try not drinking water after tea... i think its more because ive never been one to drink so trying for two litres of water a day is a HUGE change.

So its day three of weight watchers and now im starting to struggle, the first day it was easy because it was new but now im bored with it already! lol i have no intention of giving up though.
Is it just me or are you more hungry when you know you cant eat things just because you know you cant have the food. Im never so hungry as when im trying to diet lol

hope you all keep warm in this cold weather.. and goodluck!
chelsclint

Postby chelsclint » Tue May 22, 2012 3:38 pm

Hello all.. isnt it nice to sun again for a change?

well today is day 7 of weight watchers and its suprisingly hard to stick to it. I know i have to , i know i need to and i want to but im soooo hungry even though im eating more than i usually would.
the big difference is on munching on carrots and bananas and stuff instead of chocolate and chips and ive had water all week instead of coke or fanta. My weigh in is tomorrow and im as nervous as anything but i know Ive done the best i could of.

I did discover a really quick lunch that was tasty though, it sounds really bad for you but its actually ok with only 7 weight watcher points. So you use one packet of the easy mac cheese macaroni, make it up as usual and then add a small tin of drained tuna in saltwater and a tiny bit of grated cheese. Then reheat the mixture in the microphone for about 20 seconds to melt the cheese... its really tasty and only takes 6 minutes! With the tuna and stuff its actually quite feeling and delish! Try and see what you think!

Wish me luck for weigh in tomorrow.... and goodluck to all of you! xx
chelsclint

Postby Pav » Wed May 23, 2012 4:40 pm

Hi Chelsclint,

How did you go with your weigh in? I saw at the start of this thread that you have a big journey ahead of you. You should take a look at this guy who has lost an incredible amount of weight - you may find some inspiration from his blog. Click across the slideshow of pictures to see his massive weight loss from a very big guy.

I'm not being nasty at all but the macaroni meal may not be the best meal for weight loss - regardless of points. You probably feel more full from the tuna because of the protein in it. Protein is known to make you feel fuller for longer vs. the other macronutrients (fats and carbs). At the end of the day you're still eating a mac and cheese packet which is very carb dense.

Please take this the right way because I want to help you. If you are having trouble with hunger then you need to eat more protein. You can increase your lean meat intake or maybe try a protein shake supplement. I have a book called 'The Power of Protein' by Chris Smith which is basically a recipe book for high protein low carb meals. To be honest the recipes in there are a bit gourmet for me but I still use it to come up with more basic recipes for myself. Maybe something like this could be beneficial.

Learning about losing weight is to be honest very difficult. It's hard to know what you can and can't do and what works for you. My best advice to you is to never give up. Keep trying and you will get there!
Pav

Postby chelsclint » Wed May 23, 2012 11:33 pm

Hi All,

Thanks Pav... im more than happy for any information, opinions or advice.
Yes I have a huge weight loss journey ahead of me and i have tried many times... i Know carbs arent great but my dietician has told me to incorp. them into my meal plan every now and then and these packets are really small.

I spoke to my leader today at ww and she was great with helping me sort plans and stuff like that out and i have a booklet ive been reading about proteins and filling foods and stuff. But thanks... if you have any recipe ideas that dont include tomato or onion ( im allergic) please let me know as I do struggle to come up with ideas. As you will tell from my current weight my diet has been of the quick and easy style for way to long instead of healthy and filling.

Today I had my first weigh in and I lost 1.7kg. I was a tiny bit disappointed because id been sooo good... for me.... but my leader insists that is a great start... so... im happy.
If i can lose 1kg every week ill be really happy.

So how has everyone else gone?

Goodluck xx
chelsclint

Postby admin » Thu May 24, 2012 6:50 am

HI Chelsea,

Sorry to hear you are allergic to onions and tomatoes.....must make it difficult to plan meals.

I have had a look at our dinner recipes on the site and there are a few there that you can make that don't include onions or tomatoes. There is the honey mustard chicken, baked fish with lemon sauce, and all of the stir fry's you can take out the onion and still have a great tasty dish.

Hope that helps, keep up the good work.

Regards

Sharrelle from the weightloss.com.au team.
admin
Site Admin

Postby chelsclint » Thu May 24, 2012 10:33 am

thanks sharrelle Ill have a look, to be honest ive only ever come in and used the forum, havent really looked at the recipes or anything because nine times out of ten they all have one or both of the ingredients i cant eat lol.

Thanks again xx
chelsclint

Postby weightyissue2012 » Thu May 24, 2012 12:34 pm

Hi C

Just wondering what you are today? I noticed that in your first post you weighed 180, have you made much progress?

I must say that when I tried Weight Watchers, I was always hungry and I was never within points!! I think I had like 12 to work with for the day and by Lunch my points were gone. Since then I've tried a number of things!!!! And I think I've finally gotten into my grove - I brought a book called "cook yourself thin" and love it some really great and simple recipes in there all with calorie info you need... I also try to eat 5-6 meals a day, although still getting my head around the "smallish" dinner - that's always been big in my family, might have to try swapping the plate around :)

I'm glad to see that you are still here and to keep on going, don't look at it as I've still got so far to go, rather look at it as I've acomplished this much... :)

Cheers
AJ
Small steps... AND... POOF! Weight gone :)

GOALS:
9.6.12 = 110kg

MY JOURNAL: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=30064

RECIPES:
Choc-Banana Muffins: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30080
Oven Baked Muesli: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30101

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Tx7uW/
weightyissue2012

Postby chelsclint » Fri May 25, 2012 9:16 pm

Hi again all,

AJ... hi.. yes Im still here,,, well im back.. i did disappear for a few months because i had alot going on and just gave up but im back and trying again. thanks for your kind words xxx

Im down to 172.1 so slowly but surely goes. Weight watchers has changed alot and the point system is very different I went years back and had no luck but its a lot better now. For instance all fruit and vege are no points except the obvious ones like potato etc. because of my weight im allowed 58 points a day but the most i can spend is about 30. My leader said 30 is alot more reasonable for someone my size and it seems to be working the last few weeks for me.

i might go check out the book you mentioned but is there much in there that doesnt use onion or tomato in the ingredients as im allergic.

how is everyone else going? Goodluck with the weekend xx
chelsclint

Postby chelsclint » Tue May 29, 2012 11:48 pm

hi all

Weigh in again tomorrow im expecting to have put on this week... it was my daughters birthday this week so i cheated a bit but im not giving up... im putting it down to a bad week and im moving forward. Wish me luck!

Will report in after my weigh in....

Goodluck all xx
chelsclint

Postby chelsclint » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:31 pm

Finally im back again... you can see from my posts that im a bit of a stop starter, Im hoping this time i will stick to it because I have just put a beautiful wedding dress on layby that wont fit unless i can lose a lot of weight! lol It may sound stupid but i have 18 months to do it and my dr says its more than doable so im gonna give it all ive got.

As i think ive mentioned before my problem isnt bad diet as such its comfort eating that sends me off the scales... its nothing for me to get down hearted and eat a whole block of choc, chips or large maccas meal...

any ideas how to stop eating just cos im bored or sad?

Goodluck all xx
chelsclint

Previous

Return to Personal Progress