It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:18 am

Free Newsletter

Mayden's Voyage

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Mayden's Voyage

Postby Mayden » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:31 pm

Hi,

Thought I would jump in and start my story. I did lose weight for my daughters wedding in 2009, would love to get back into that dress one day.

I started walking a week ago, I have increased from a stroll around the block in 15 minutes, to a 40 minute walk sometimes even pushing it LOL. Pretty good seeing a few weeks ago the thought of even strolling around the block made me ill.

I find I am missing my sweets so today I made carrot cake and banana bread, both recipes from healthy sources. I use wholemeal flower and try to keep the sugar at minimum. I also freeze it in small slices straight away. I am sure this is better than the whopping big slab of sponge and cream cake I would have eaten before. I am not going on a diet, I am trying to make healthier choices, smaller servings, more water, not sit at the computer all day and exercise.

Today I had to clean up the big mess I made from cooking LOL, also did the bathroom as well as other things. I ate pretty well and drank water, not too sure how much but as I seem to spend most of my time running to the loo, it was enough. A 40 minute walk, now I may watch some TV.

I am shouting myself some new scales, the ones I have are no good, but I will still go down to the shops for the print out one.

I will weigh myself again next week.

Cheers

Dee
Goals
30th April 77 Kilos I am so determined to get to this goal
Mid June 73 kilos
Mid August 69 kilos
November 68 Kilos
Mayden

Re: Mayden's Voyage

Postby SugarandSpice » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:54 pm

You are doing such a great job Dee!!

I feel the same way- not going on a 'diet'. I just want to change the way I eat, I won't deny myself things, but will look for healthier alternatives, smaller portions and for the 'good stuff' I will moderate how often I allow myself to eat it.

Keep up the great work! :D
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
SugarandSpice

Postby Mayden » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:20 pm

Thanks for your support Vicki, it is very much appreciated.

I did a lot of scrubbing and cleaning today, cleaned windows and doors as well. Think I ate pretty well, except for the fruit ice block.

My walk was up to 50 minutes tonight, I even included a small part of a very very steep hill. I used to walk up this hill in 15 minutes 3 years ago, my hubby use to train folk by going up here, it really gets the heart going. Anyway 3 years ago I started the same as I did tonight, 2 telegraph poles at a time. I thought I would never ever be able to get up there again, now I think I may give it a go, maybe after I get back from holidays I will try.

I do tend to sleep in a bit, especially if I take pain killers at around 4am, I would like to start getting up earlier, that would also mean that I would finish the day earlier as well, so not a lot of difference.

I am having a friend around tomorrow, we are going over the creek to take macro photos of bugs and things, I got her inspired to lose a little weight as well, so I only have to give her a shake for lunch LOL

I am going to the shops on Monday so I think I may hop on the scales. I am off to buy a new set of my own on Tuesday, I noticed they have some on special at Spotlight.

Cheers

Dee
Goals
Mid June 73 kilos
Mid August 69 kilos
November 68 Kilos
Mayden

Postby Mayden » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:15 pm

Devastated, gained 500 grams this week, I am just shocked. The bought some new scales and I weight 2 and a half kilos more than that!!! So according to them I ma back up to 82, at least I will get a surprise when I go back to the shop print out ones. Hubby thinks it is bone mass and muscle as I look thinner in the tummy area. I know my main aim was to get fitter and cut out the rubbish I ate, but it still got me down, plus a few other things going on.

There is no way I can get to my first goal now, but I will keep at it.

Dee
Goals
Mid June 73 kilos
Mid August 69 kilos
November 68 Kilos
Mayden

Postby CronicBadger » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:01 pm

Mayden, bathroom scales aren't particularly accurate, nor are they all calibrated the same. Also, your weight will naturally fluctuate, by as much as one or two kilos per day, and even gain actual weight as you replace fat with muscle (muscle weighs more per volume). But a body only adds as much muscle as it needs and after that the weight-loss should become more noticeable.

This sort of thing happens to many people in the initial stages of weight-loss and the only bad thing about it is that it can be misinterpreted as fat-gain and the person needlessly gives up as a result.

The need to experience instant results is a typical human trait, and requires some effort to put it aside and concentrate on the long-term results instead. The real, meaningful results of your efforts will only be apparent many months in the future, so just keep chipping away at it and don't worry about minor aberrations such as this. Short-term changes in body weight are meaningless.
CronicBadger

Postby Mayden » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:13 am

Hi CronicBadger,

Thanks and yes you are correct, I was just a little down, but I am not giving up. Hopefully in a few months I will see some difference.

Thanks so much for your comments, it was nice to have someone confirm what I was thinking.

Cheers

Dee
Goals
Mid June 73 kilos
Mid August 69 kilos
November 68 Kilos
Mayden

Postby SugarandSpice » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:54 am

Hi Dee,

I can imagine how you felt - what a bummer to get new scales and a weight increase!!! BUT if hubby says he is noticing a difference I would go with that.

Don't get too down over it - you are doing everything well - changing eating habits and increasing activity - the results will come!! :D
SugarandSpice

Postby SugarandSpice » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:05 pm

Hi Dee,''where are you? I miss you!!

Hope all is ok and you will be back soon

Take Care
Vicki
SugarandSpice

Postby Mayden » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:40 pm

Hey Vicki,

I am still here, just feel like my ship is sinking a little. I am still at it, guess I just thought I would see a little more results, giving up all the crap stuff. My clothes do look better, so that is good.

I have had a couple more fruit ice blocks, guess they are not good.

Better hit the sack now.

I will clock in here again before the end of the month.

Cheers

Denisr
Goals
Mid June 73 kilos
Mid August 69 kilos
November 68 Kilos
Mayden

Postby Mayden » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:38 pm

I have finished processing the wedding, and I have to pack over the next couple of days. Then I hope to get a bit more exercise when I am away, a big plus would be if I actually lost some weight by the time I get back.

I will try and log in as much as I can over the next month.

Denise
Goals
Mid June 73 kilos
Mid August 69 kilos
November 68 Kilos
Mayden

Postby SugarandSpice » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:53 am

Hi Denise,

Hope you get the exercise etc whilst you are away, but most of all HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!

Vicki
SugarandSpice

Postby Mayden » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:37 pm

Hi Vicki,

I will keep in touch while away. I had a friend visit today she bought a top over that she purchased at a fashion parade, decided that it did not suit her and gave it to me. I said thanks very much, I am sure I will fit into it next year! (size 14 and I am and 18) I tried it on when she left and it fits LOL I was stoked, I really think it is a very generous size and it is a bit stretchy, but I really love it!! So it is packed in the bag to go away.

The wedding people will pick up their prints tomorrow, I will be glad to see the end of it LOL It seemed so strange today to be moving a lot more. Plus I got up early so I will not find getting up at 4.30 on Sunday too much, I am sure I will sleep better tonight.

Cheers

D
P.S I put a link to a small wedding slide show on FB if interested.
Goals
Mid June 73 kilos
Mid August 69 kilos
November 68 Kilos
Mayden

Postby SugarandSpice » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:52 am

Hi Denise,

That is so fantastic about the top!!!

I am going to head over and check out the pics now..

Hope you have a great holiday - ENJOY!!!

Vicki
SugarandSpice

Postby Mayden » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:05 pm

Hi All, well Vicki LOL,

I have had a few things I would not normally have at home, but we are eating quite good meals, salads mainly.

I did not drink enough water today or yesterday, I do not know why I cannot remember to do this, it is too late now as I will be up all night.
I had some horrible pancakes and an iced coffee, I really felt yuck afterwards, (the ice coffee was not yuck) so I will stick to fruit and yoghurt as my treats.

I am also on my feet a lot more and in the pool every day, I walked down to the beach yesterday and went for an hour walk the day before, so hopefully I am compensating a little for the rubbish. Oh and we do have an ice cream at the pictures, I love this as I do not know how many more ice creams I can have with my mum at the pictures I do not want to give them up or feel guilty.

I am about to try and go for a walk now but I do not know if my knee will take it.

Catch up again soon.

Denise
Goals
Mid June 73 kilos
Mid August 69 kilos
November 68 Kilos
Mayden

Postby SugarandSpice » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:29 pm

Sounds like you are having a marvellous time!!

ohhhh - I love those choc top ice creams at the cinema (luckily the kids always say they don't want one - then ask for mine after I have only had a couple of bites) and I agree sharing one with your mum, when you are so close would be a wonderful experience.

I really love iced coffee - especially since I have stopped drinking coffee - so I am now making my own - just bickfords ice coffee mix and lite milk - tastes great and way less calories!!

Sounds like you are having great weather too - lucky you are not in Cairns - it has been pouring here for days!!

Take it easy, rest your knee, have fun, do what you can exercise and diet wise, but most of all enjoy the time with your parents :D

Take Care
Vicki
SugarandSpice

Next

Return to Personal Progress