It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:46 pm

Free Newsletter

Natharas Weight Loss

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Natharas Weight Loss

Postby natharas » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:07 am

Hey this is for me to help motivate myself and see my progress. About to start a lemon detox diet for 1 week starting today, bit skeptical about it from all the different things I have read and heard. Once this has been completed we will be going on lite n easy for our meals, so wont be going back to the old ways.

The plan is to walk the dog more frequently, there is a dog park 1.5km away. I also want to do the 100 push up challenge, need to build up some strength first as i can barely do 1 :(

My goal weight isn't to be super skinny but I will also be doing weights as well to tone and get some body muscle.

Weight:
Stomach:

Goal: 95kg
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
natharas

Re: Natharas Weight Loss

Postby natharas » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:57 am

Cant work out how to edit my original post, so here it is.

Weight: 110.3 kg
Stomach: 48"

All the weight is in my stomach, not to sure if the scales are correct though I was expecting it to be alot higher.

Time to start the plan
natharas

Postby natharas » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:23 am

Well that was an interesting week to say the least. Stopped the lemon detox on wednesday as it was making me extremely tired and work stresses combined, it was just purely the wrong time to do it. We have ordered our Lite n Easy lunches and dinner and received them yesterday. Picked up a second hand treadmill for $30 bux from a garage sale.

Current Weight: 108.4

Lost just under 2 kilos I'm fairly happy with that considering the week and not really having much food in the house so resorting to subway for lunches / dinner and the odd bottle of coke.

Bring on this week, I'm feeling more confident and time to give the treadmill a good old crack.
natharas

Postby natharas » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:41 am

It appears that I have had a crap week this week, even with being on Lite n Easy for lunch and dinner 5 days a week. Although it probably didn't help with my dads birthday and valentines day as well. None the less I find I'm having problems at work which cause me to get coke, this is a bad habit I need to get out of. I also take a 1ltr water bottle with me to work and drink that throughout the working day.

I only did a couple of walks this week both totalling around the 2km mark. I need some advice

Current weight: 109.4kg
natharas

Postby SugarandSpice » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:09 pm

I had a bad week too - I think we just need to accept that there will be weeks like that, but hopefully more positive weeks and they will outweigh crap weeks by far!!
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
SugarandSpice

Postby natharas » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:54 pm

Did a 3km walk on the treadmill before dinner, did it in 39mins. I want to get it back down to like 30mins, cant believe when I was 9 I did a 3km fun run in just under half an hour.

Also worked out I need new shoes, my ankles seem to hurt after 15mins with my current ones so off to Amart all sports tomorrow. Maybe will grab a singlet as well.
natharas

Postby natharas » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:15 pm

Another week down now had a few bad choice moments, 3 cans of coke zero later. Have been sticking to my meals with Lite n Easy, but haven't been eating brekkie though. I do need to work something out that is quick and easy, any suggestions.

Weight: 107.6kg
natharas

Postby SugarandSpice » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:40 pm

I found eating brekkie, to be the hardest as I have never eaten it. The first few weeks I felt sick trying to eat - but got used to it. I was having a toasted muffin with cheese and tomato.... you can also scramble egg in the microwave pretty fast???
SugarandSpice

Postby natharas » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:12 pm

The issue for me is purely time as we have limited time in the morning. I used to eat weet bix, maybe I will start having 2 of them for brekkie or maybe porridge / oats as it starts to cool down
natharas

Postby natharas » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:25 am

Another week down and it was an interesting week to say the least. I have been oncall for the week for work so its hard to do a proper walk as I have been getting woken up at 4.30am etc.

I've started increasing my walks to 5km, my PB so far is 58:10 I'm hoping to get it down to 50min as that would equal 1km/10mins. Anyhow I did also have a cheat meal mid week which was fish n chips, so that delayed my results. In saying this I haven't had any soft drink so far, I'm happy with this.

Total Weight: 106.9kg

I'm slowly getting there, I wish I could speed the process up a bit though.
natharas

Postby SugarandSpice » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:44 pm

Sounds like you a doing a great job!!!

I know how you feel about seeing results faster though!!
SugarandSpice

Postby natharas » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:47 pm

I ended up smashing my PB today of 5km, I managed a 56:14 without jogging. I need to start to incorporate some jogging so I can build up to running.
natharas

Postby natharas » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:06 pm

I'm feeling this week wont be a weight loss week, there is hot cross buns in the house :cry: . In saying this I have walked 27km and have had soft drink once which was coke zero. It was a moment of weakness at work though. I need to find more exercises that I can do besides walking, I have just attempted the 100 pushup test and managed to do 3. I'm going to start week 1 tomorrow, I am also looking to do more bench pressing and see what else happens.

I was 106.1 yesterday and I weight myself today and I was 106.9, I was happy about that I had subway for lunch yesterday and a powerade drink. Hopefuly tomorrows weigh in will be heading back down again.

It has been two weeks maybe more since I had my last beer as well. Tomorrow I'm going to a bbq I don't know how I will go. I'm just feeling a bit depressed that my weight loss has been fairly slow.
natharas

Postby phillip94 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:42 am

Weightloss is something that will take time, there is no "guaranteed" way to lose fat fast like on advertisements all they want is your money basically. But in the long run it's good, why? because you accomplish something that takes time and hard work, and another thing is as you lose more weight you may either stop losing or basically slow it down, this is because you need to work harder to lose more, or simply just change your food around.
One way i like to work harder is by recording my results each week and then ill do my best to beat them the next week.
phillip94

Postby natharas » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:35 am

Weekly update

Today's weight: 106.3kg
Waist: 46"

I'm happy with that now I need to step it up though. My goal for next week is 105.3, it will be the first time I have been 105 in a few years I would say.

Hey Philip, thanks for the advice I'm going to start the 100 pushup challenge today a a 5km walk incorporating some jogging and some situps as well.

I have also gotten my 5km walk down to the high 53's which I'm very happy with.
natharas

Next

Return to Personal Progress