It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:29 pm

Free Newsletter

Jodes Weightloss Diary

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Jodes Weightloss Diary

Postby Jodes77 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:36 am

Here we go, I have had a up down life like most..When i left my ex husband due to Physical and Mental abuse, I left with my five Children and I weighed 150kg.. After I left I was free and began my new life but was struggling with the weight, It was so hard with all the emotions, anger, anxiety, social anxiety, and a hernia. I focusing on my kids so much my weight slipped..

A year later when I met my new partner I was 165 kilo.. When he proposed to me a year later.. I had the motivation and support to loose the weight.. i did get down to 145 kilo's i was happy but also got gallstones... The hospital did not really like the idea of operating as my weight caused higher risks in surgery.. I was determined to keep going.. Then things happened, life got in the way, we shifted to the city which made is more tempting to eat take away and a lot closer to the shops also i was having anxiety attacks and my social phobia was slightly getting worse... No excuses really... I was at the doctor's recently as my feet kept swelling.. My doctor has done test, which i am awaiting the results.. I had to stand on the scales something i have not done in a year and OMG.. I am determined and has given me the scare and the want to do something about this.

So my starting weight is 172kg :shock:

I have been using fitnesspal for the last 6 days to track the foods i eat and my calories.. I have stayed under my calorie intake for the day and exercising 30 mins a day, walking around the local park.. When I get to 150 i can go back to using my walker too for the days i cant get out if the kids are sick and walking out and about too... I am drinking more too.. 5 x 750mls of water a day... I am really proud of myself so far.. I know it is a long road ahead but I walking it with determination and want and every step i take i know its one step closer to shedding these kilo's
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Jodes77

Re: Jodes Weightloss Diary

Postby Jodes77 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:44 am

Starting weight was on the 13/2/2012
Jodes77

Postby SugarandSpice » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:23 am

Jodie,

You are doing an excellent job - and should be very proud of yourself!!!

Keep up the great work

Vicki
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
SugarandSpice

Postby let it shine » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:41 am

Congratulations on your attitude and work so far! It is great you have identified triggers (emotional eating, convenience to take away food etc) so you can work on strategies/alternatives. I think your determination and confidence seem to be what is really changing your mindset.
Given everything you have been through, leaving an abusive relationship and facing health isuues (physical & mental), you obviously have a strength in you, whether you recognise it or not.

I had problems with anxiety and panic attacks about a year ago and really lived the life of an agrophobic for months so I empathise with that. It really shook me at first because I had always been a very confident, outgoing person in my element in social situations. I still have moments where I get anxious about facing public (I have been known to walk an extra 5km so I can take backroads rather than risk someone who recognises me driving past) but thanks to ongoing medication and strategies developed with my psychologist I am managing it. Since I started treating myself to better health by eating right and exercising, my confidence has already soared and my whole attitude has already changed. Even though my first few weeks of weightloss aren't significanly noticable to the eye, just having shown the faith in myself and belief I am worth it has been enough!
let it shine

Postby hummingbird01 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:12 am

welcome to the forum - i'm new here too ! you have already shown you have the strength to beat the odds- leaving a violent relationship with 5 children depending on you is no mean feat! you have also found love again , so that means you have faith and hope.
I am sure you will use these qualities to take the journey towards weight loss...like all challenges in life its one little step at a time. look forward to hearing how you're going. :)
hummingbird01

Postby Jodes77 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:52 pm

Thank you all... I am seeing my doctor next week to talk further about my anxiety and talk about a mental health plan... I am very nervous about it but I know that it is important for me to go and with help I can overcome the anxiety... I think confidence and feeling good about myself will improve as I loose weight... Knowing I am eating healthy and exercising is helping already :)

Today has been a great day... I am under my calorie intake for the day, drank 4 x 750mls of water so far... Only thing is i did not fit a walk into today :(..

Will go for an extra long one tomorrow while the kids are at school...
Jodes77

Postby Jodes77 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:31 pm

Sort of got a walk in... briskly walked around the backyard for 15 mins before it got dark.. Better than nothing i suppose.. now to iron 10 school uniforms and lunches for my 5 Angels :)
Jodes77

Postby persistence_dude » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:14 am

Firstly, congratulations on getting started. A quote I love is "You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great."

Also it takes guts to address the anxiety and stress you've been feeling because they can be such huge factors in causing weight gain... but it's not always easy to admit to so you've shown a lot of courage.

Well done on managing to fit in some walking, even if it was for 15 minutes - that's still an achievement and it shows your commitment. Keep going!
persistence_dude

Postby Jodes77 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:17 pm

thank you... I love that quote :) thank you for sharing.. Well i weighed my self this morning and have lost 4kg.. I am so proud of myself and so happy :) so determined to keep going :)
Jodes77

Postby SugarandSpice » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:39 pm

WOOHOO!!! Congratulations Jodie!!! :D

You are off to a fantastic start....

Keep up the great work!!

Vicki
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
SugarandSpice

Postby Jodes77 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:46 pm

Thanks Vicki...
I am really happy .. I am starting to feel more energetic and feeling great that i am doing something for me. Long journey to go but it is a great start.

Jodie
Jodes77

Postby hummingbird01 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:01 am

well done Jodes77- Small steps in a long journey!
I always, Always reckon a loss is a loss- congrats on losing 4 kilos !
keep it up! :D
hummingbird01

Postby Jodes77 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:07 am

thank you :) looking forward to tomorrow to see my weekly weigh in :)
Jodes77

Postby Jodes77 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:53 pm

Had a great weekend... Saturday was happy to see my weight down to 175.4... No weight change today but that's ok :) Did a 20 min brisk walk tonight and felt good.. Tomorrow i see my doctor for test results and to talk about my anxiety :) Looking forward to weekly weigh in tomorrow.
Jodes77

Postby Jodes77 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:37 pm

Went to see my Doctor all test results came back normal, she was happy with my weight loss and now booked into to see a Psychologist for my anxiety :)
Jodes77

Next

Return to Personal Progress