It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:30 am

Free Newsletter

Skinnyinsides going to be skinny outside too!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Skinnyinsides going to be skinny outside too!

Postby skinnyinside » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:56 pm

He is a great friend we used to be housemates. I currently run outside or on a treadmill at the gym, I'm just so exited I don't have to leave the house anymore to exercise :)
skinnyinside

Postby skinnyinside » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:46 pm

I've lost a somewhat substantial amount of weight, why do I feel like I am going to be chased with a pitchfork Weilding mob if I enter a "skinny" shop? I went into coton on today and har recently had some success with their clothes fitting me, I felt
So awkward and out of place like I shouldn't be there. I was going to buy a necklace and leave and I thought stuff it, these clothes fit I'm going to buy some!! I bought a running top as leggings ( for my treadmill at home lol) and I hope to god they fit:p it's wicking fabric so hopefully it will be good.
skinnyinside

Postby Carolyn52 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:44 pm

It's called intimidation dear, we may ask ourselves - why can't we break that cycle of thinking?? DBT (mental health training) says i quote " ONLY YOU CAN MAKE YOURSELF FEEL INTIMIDATED" so stop it(at once) :lol:
Good on you for getting up the guts and going into the "SKINNY " store and buying something nice for yourself! 8)
Carolyn52

Postby skinnyinside » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:11 pm

still plodding along. Running is going well, it seems like every run it gets easier so thats good, some are easier then others. I have been thinking more and more about weightloss. I have a friend who has lost 40kgs and he looks amazing compared to before, however his personality has suffered somewhat, he has become quite up himself and if someone who didnt know he previously was very big, they would look at him and see an overweight person as he still has a way to go. Its just a shame as his personality before and attitude towards life was so much different. I dont think mine has changed all that much. I still view myself as huge though haha.

My sister has decided she is going to get lap band surgery, she got all the information over a year ago and had finally decided thats what she wants to do. I will support her in her endeavors however i still think that it is most certainly possible to lose weight without undergoing surgery or taking potentially harmful drugs, i do though remember before i had my hypnotherapy feeling so useless and unable to control myself, but i have learnt to do that. I just think if i were to have surgery that wasnt 100% required i would want to make sure i had done everything in my power beforehand to try.

something that is quite interesting is i lost the first 20 kilos by cutting carbs and eating more protein and it was great i was never hungry and i felt good mostly, then something changed, i became tired and hungry all the time and stopped losing weight, now that i have added carbs (wholegrain and starchy fruit and vegetables) back into my diet i am no longer starving, i feel satisfied with the amount of food i am eating, i dont feel obsessed with diet and the most important thing is i have started shifting weight again. I dont understand what my body is doing but as long as it keeps getting thinner i am happy for it to take me along for the ride.

I have had a really hard week with something absolutely unimaginable happening in my household and i am currently in the aftermath of that, so some "convenience" meals have been had this week, but i am not being weighed for another week and a half so i still have plenty of time to undo any damage that may have been done, hopefully everything calms done soon.
skinnyinside

Postby Carolyn52 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:53 pm

Hi Skinny, each to their own hey ( lap band surgery) i hope it works well for your sister!
You sound like you are going great guns again ,well done, i would'nt worry about little slip-ups that can't be helped , sounds like you're coping alright with what ever it is ..i'm trying to work out your carb / protein thing? sounds strange hey!
Keep on track for your next weigh-in ok and Have a Great Week 8)
Carolyn52

Postby skinnyinside » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:01 pm

So i have a confession to make. Forgive me diet for i have sinned (and sinned and sinned and sinned haha) I have been on a week long bender of pizza and chocolate and over earting, i dont know what got into me ( i suspect those dreaded hormones have something to do with it ). I have kept my exercise up and my runnings going great guns ive just been pigging out lol

Today was great up until my mum insisted i take her to KFC for dinner and i had been working all day and didnt want to argue lol.

oh well tomorrows a new day (and running day!! YAYAYAYAYAY) so i shall go from there. bet ive put a bit on this week :P
skinnyinside

Postby skinnyinside » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:18 am

Earrings been ok, runnings been good. I've actually signed up for my first running event! The color run in November, it's a 5k run where at intervals colored powder gets thrown on you lol and u end up all rainbow colored :) can't wait!!
skinnyinside

Postby admin » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:39 pm

That's great...I keep trying to mention to everyone to sign up for a fun run or walk.......there is no excuse not to commit to at least 1 over the spring summer period.
you go girl!

Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby Michael1330 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:56 pm

skinnyinside wrote:Earrings been ok, runnings been good. I've actually signed up for my first running event! The color run in November, it's a 5k run where at intervals colored powder gets thrown on you lol and u end up all rainbow colored :) can't wait!!

That's pretty cool, a smart way to make a fun run well... fun! Keep up the great work!!
Starting weight = 142kgs
Current weight = 129kgs
Goal weight = 90kgs

COME AT ME WEIGHTLOSS
Michael1330

Previous

Return to Personal Progress