It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:36 am

Free Newsletter

Duromine Progress & Hopefully Success

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Duromine Progress & Hopefully Success

Postby Jacqui:) » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:58 pm

Hi all :)

I'm posting because i've been reading other people's post's and they all seem very motivating!!
I don't know where to begin as i've never done anything like this... so bear with me :)
so anyway, I'm 20 at the moment, and i have a goal weight loss of 30kg, by november, My 21st. I want to be able to wear a pretty dress, maybe a bit skanky like all my gorgeous friends, but everyone knows you can't do that with a big figure, well not appropriately or comfortabley for that matter. Anyway's I joined the gym about a month ago, and did not loose one kilo? I was abit annoyed seeming as i was going for 45 - 1hr every day except Sunday. I was thinking maybe i had a thyroid problem so i went to the doctors for a blood test, only for the results to come back perfect, so i'm perfectly healthy, i'm just over weight..? So my doctor prescribed me Duromine 40mg, I've never tried anything like this and hopefully it works, well at $120 a month it better work haha :)

Well today's my second day, well the end of my second day so i decided to start tracking my loss, to keep myself motivated :)
I am 167cm tall and my current weight is: 98.9 Kgs :/ YUK ....
My goal weight by November is: 65 - 68kgs (that would put me on the casp of healthy BMI)
My BMI is a huge 35!!!

I really hope this helps me as i will continue to go to the gym 6 times a week and eat healthy, drinking lots of water is what i do best, so fingers crossed...

Please share your success stories and dont hesitate to post about your experience :)
Jacqui:)

Re: Duromine Progress & Hopefully Success

Postby Retire_The_Fat » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:46 pm

Welcome and good luck, Jacqui :)

You may have had a slow weight loss when you first started because you were working out and building muscle while shedding fat.

๑۩12 WEEK CHALLENGER۩๑
Currently: 93.9K
Start of challenge: 98.6
①97K: ②96.6K: ③96.3: ④95.6:⑤96.1:
⑥94.5: ⑦94.3: ⑧ 93.9: ⑨: ⑩:⑪: ⑫:
Pledge for week 10: NO excuses!
Retire_The_Fat

Postby Jacqui:) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:38 am

Thank you! :)

I am trying so hard, but i do admit, having taken duromine and gone to the gym this morning, i had sweat pouring out of me, which is great!!! I felt so energetic and still do, this is my 3rd day on duromine, and haven't had one side affect!! I guess everyone is different though. I put the scales out of sight so i can't weigh myself every day which i've heard is a good motivator, and i've decided to go to the gym twice a day, it's only across the road and i have so much ENERGY. Also i have already started changing my diet, i just keep telling my self to keep the willpower, keep going, it will be better in the long run. And i want to have children in the future and the way i was going, i would have found it very hard, and again it would also be hard to shed the extra weight if i already had the extra weight, Anyway thatnks for the support :) I really appreciate it!! It gives me a stronger mind about this :)

Postby Mayden » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:06 pm

Keep at it Jacqui, I agree with RTF, you probably put muscle on. Where your clothes and looser?

LOL @ a little skanky, I will look forward to a photo of you looking fabulous!

Have you tried counting the calories? I have just started to use Myfitnesspal and I find it really good.

I am so please you young ones are looking at your weight now as you put on so much after 40 and it is really a lot harder to move.

Good luck with the Duromine, I am sure it will get you off to a good start.

Denise
Goals
30th April 77 Kilos I am so determined to get to this goal
Mid June 73 kilos
Mid August 69 kilos
November 68 Kilos
Mayden

Postby Jacqui:) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:45 am

Thanks Mayden :)

Yeah it could be muscle... I've been going to the gym for weeks but i wasn't exactly eating right either... But since Monday I've put my foot down and have been focusing on eating really healthy. For example today:
630am: Ate an apple just before i walked to the gym.
730am: Left the gym and walked home.
810am: around about the time i got home.... Rat down for a little and had about 10grapes
then for the rest of the day i studied. Which i feel horrible about because i don't feel active about it. It just offer to be done.
230pm: had 2 vegemite (no butter) corn thins (whole meal)
620pm: had about 7 grapes
630pm: walked to the gym again
720 pm: left gym and walked home
810pm: got home had a shower and grilled half a small chicken breast and steamed about 1/4 cup of vegies.

So that i think is my healthy eating plan and exersize. And i guess it's only been 3 day's i just want it to happen faster :(

am i doing something wrong?

Thanks for your support too mayden

Postby Jacqui:) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:46 am

Sorry :) i meant denise :) Haha

Postby Mayden » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:58 am

LOL I answer to both,

You are doing a fair bit of exercise, so you have to make sure you eat correctly. I do not think an apple for breakfast is enough for you, at least an up an go or a shake as well. A few more salads and vegies will help as well, you do not want to go into starvation mode. Don't forget to drink water while studying, have a bottle with you.

This is where I found the calorie counter on Myfitness plan really good, as it shows you how much to eat, I still come in under every day, but it has made me aware of what I do and eat, give it a try.

Denise
Goals
30th April 77 Kilos I am so determined to get to this goal
Mid June 73 kilos
Mid August 69 kilos
November 68 Kilos
Mayden

Postby Jacqui:) » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:16 pm

Well it's been one week today and i've lost 3-4 kilos.
I think thats good, but like all people i'd love the process to go faster and i dont know how to make that happen. I've been going to the gym everyday and it is making me tired, and i'm studying at the moment so i find my self either judt sitting here for hours in between the gym, as i struggle to find things to do, the house is always spotless!!

anyway thatnks for the support
:)

Postby Retire_The_Fat » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:17 pm

a week and you've lost 3-4K??
Only??
LOL

You dont want to lose it too quickly and have had a good start. Be happy, enjoy your exercise and study and keep doing what you're doing :)

๑۩12 WEEK CHALLENGER۩๑
Retire_The_Fat

Postby Retire_The_Fat » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:19 pm

Should have said...

you've given yourself a goal of 30K's in about 30 weeks so this starting week has given you a boost towards your goal and will allow for a bit of a plateau later.

๑۩12 WEEK CHALLENGER۩๑
Retire_The_Fat

Postby Elitesolitude » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:16 pm

Freaking hate duro!! sorry just saying that censored is the devil - you can do it without babe...but yea best of luck eitherway! :)
My Journal! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=30094

"Think about why you started!"
Elitesolitude

Postby Jacqui:) » Tue May 29, 2012 2:32 pm

Haha, that stuff is bad stuff :)
Decided to go the natural way, exersize and healthy eating, the trainer at my gym also gave me some suppplements to help with energy and focus controll, i'll let you know how i go..

Also if you're wondering, i lost 10 kilos on duromine, and have managed to keep them off. So maybe it's best to use them as a kick start, rather then a solution.

Return to Personal Progress