It is currently Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:10 am

Free Newsletter

Oh no! My thin self is smothered in fat!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Oh no! My thin self is smothered in fat!

Postby twinklebarr » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:09 am

Well here i go again! Last time i tried to lose weight i discovered i was pregnant so that kinda stopped me in my tracks! Im 100% sure that there is no bun in the oven this time so theoretically there is nothing standing between me and a fantatically trim and toned physique!

All the usual reasons for losing weight apply here but the two main ones are that i dont want to be the fat mum who cant run around after her toddler. My son isnt walking just yet but he will be soon and when he does i want to keep up with him, play with him and enjoy this time with him. On a more shallow note, i also want to look good for when we visit europe in june/july! There will be lots of pics, my 30th and a many visits to friends who last saw me when i was around 110kg so anything less than that means im going back skinnier than last time! :)

I have been eating healthily and doing gentle exercise for the last few months and have gone from 117.4kg to 108kg. I am almost at a bmi that will put me in the mere 'obese' catagory instead of the morbidly obese one so im looking forward to that! So since i have lost almost 10kg im ready now to stepmup the efforts and try a little harder. Im dropping my cals a little but seriously upping the exercise that i do. Since the little one was born i have had to take it easy (spine damage - ouch!) but i have been given the ok by the doc so now high impact cardio will be my new best friend!

Soooo the grand plan begins tomorrow with 30 mins of zumba in the morning and 30 mins of tae bo in the afternoon along with my usual 30 min walk. I feel ready to challenge my fitness and sweat a bit :)

My aim is to lose as much as possible without doing the whole starvation thing. So i will have three meals per day plus a few low cal snacks if i need them. I am staying away from wine as it does very nice but diet shredding things to me! My portions are in control now and im focussing othe exercise part of my diet now. It has to work this time - my son only has one mum and she better be a fun one! :D

Start weight: 117.4kg (feb 2012)
Current weight: 108.4kg (april 2012)

First goal: 105.5 kg - get to just obese in bmi :)

Second goal: 99.9kg - under 100!

Third goal: 95kg

Fourth goal: 90kg - into just 'overweight' in bmi :) obesity be gone!

Fifth goal: 85 kg

Sixth goal: 80kg - oh so close to the healthy weight range!

Seventh goal: 75kg - woot!! Healthy weight range and a bmi of 25!!!

Eighth and final goal - 70kg - i ilke round numbers and this put me smack in the middle of the healthy weight range.

Wow it will take a while but i figure if i keep moving more and eating less then it has to come off eventually :)
twinklebarr

Re: Oh no! My thin self is smothered in fat!

Postby weightyissue2012 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:47 pm

Nice work so far, almost 10kg gone already and that's with only a lil' exercise and really good portion control - I can only imagine what's going to happen when you get stuck into the more serious exercise. Just remember to give yourself a break every now and then!! From the exercise that is. You've got some excellent motivation to keep you going, don't lose sight of what is ahead, you sound happy and excited right now so remember this feeling when you're feeling a lil' low!

AJ
Small steps... AND... POOF! Weight gone :)

GOALS:
9.6.12 = 110kg

MY JOURNAL: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=30064

RECIPES:
Choc-Banana Muffins: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30080
Oven Baked Muesli: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30101

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Tx7uW/
weightyissue2012

Postby skinnyinside » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:50 pm

Welcome to the forum, your plan sounds great, good luck! i look forward to seeing your progress :)
skinnyinside

Postby twinklebarr » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:17 pm

Thanks guys :) my motivation as stayed pretty high because i have had a consistent loss... When i plateau then i tend to get annoyed but i knw i have to keep going! 8)

So today the exercise went really well :D i did my 30 mins of zumba and really enjoyed it. I didnt get to walk as the rain was awful all day so i did heaps of extra cleaning instead. Hopefully that burned a few cals! The tae bo went out the window as a very demanding teething baby just wanted to be hugged all afternoon - as if i could refuse snuggles! Overall im pleased that i managed to do high intensity cardio for 30 mins. I am def ready to push myself further. Bring on the sweat!! Tomorrow i will manage at least the walk and the zumba session.

I kept my cals below 1200 so im on the right track....just need to hope tha come weigh in on friday all the effort is rewarded!
twinklebarr

Postby Retire_The_Fat » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:23 pm

just need to hope tha come weigh in on friday all the effort is rewarded!

Dont worry, weight is only ONE marker ....I'm sure you know all the muscle/fat talk already and you already know you are doing well with the diet and exercise...well done, you!!

๑۩12 WEEK CHALLENGER۩๑
Currently: 93.9K
Start of challenge: 98.6
①97K: ②96.6K: ③96.3: ④95.6:⑤96.1:
⑥94.5: ⑦94.3: ⑧ 93.9: ⑨: ⑩:⑪: ⑫:
Pledge for week 10: NO excuses!
Retire_The_Fat

Postby twinklebarr » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:00 pm

Yep I'm hoping that I develop more toned muscles :) good news on the weight front - I'm down to 107.7 this morning!!! 300g to go until I reach exactly 10kg lost :) looks like Zumba does work!

I'm off to do my Zumba session and half hour walk :) motivation is oh so high :D
twinklebarr

Postby Retire_The_Fat » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:13 pm

Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

๑۩12 WEEK CHALLENGER۩๑
Retire_The_Fat

Postby skinnyinside » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:54 am

Excellent work!! I reckon I'm too uncoordinated for zumba lol :p
skinnyinside

Postby twinklebarr » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:45 am

Thanks guys! Great inspiration to keep going!

Today I did a 6km walk along the beach with the hubby and bubs :) no Zumba but at least I did something and didn't just mooch around watching movies like I normally would on a public holiday! I was thinking today about my weight at different times of my life. The skinniest I have been since I was a teenager is my wedding where I was 85kg. It was still classed as overweight and I lost heaps of weight to get there. That was when I was 23...I'm now almost 30 so for my ENTIRE 20s I have been overweight or obese or morbidly obese :( how did that happen?! Of course there have been a million attempts to slim down but ultimately they all failed and I ballooned to my heaviest of 125kg (to be fair I was carrying a 5kilo baby but even so!). I feel a bit sad that all the pics of all the amazing things that happened in my 20s are tainted in a way because at that time I worried about how big I was. So I am pledging that my 30s will not be like that. Now I'm not stupid enough to think that il be at my ideal weight for my birthday in 10 weeks but I will def be skinnier than I am now and will be working towards my goals. What a wake up call - it all adds to the motivation!
twinklebarr

Postby twinklebarr » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:55 am

107.1 today :) i am loving it! This def puts me on track for my first goal!! 2.4kg o go unil im merely obese and otobese in a deadly way ;)
twinklebarr

Postby twinklebarr » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:00 pm

I just realised that im over the 10kg lost target :D that def helps to keep me motivated (esp on a day when i only had three hours sleep last night!)
twinklebarr

Postby weightyissue2012 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:15 pm

WOW - congrats on losing the 10kg, you must be totally extactic, well I am for you.

Keep up the great work
Small steps... AND... POOF! Weight gone :)

GOALS:
9.6.12 = 110kg

MY JOURNAL: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=30064

RECIPES:
Choc-Banana Muffins: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30080
Oven Baked Muesli: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30101

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Tx7uW/
weightyissue2012

Postby Retire_The_Fat » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:43 pm

Congratulations!!

Thrilled to bits for you :)

๑۩12 WEEK CHALLENGER۩๑
Retire_The_Fat

Postby dAnIeLLe » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:23 am

awesome job on the 10kgs lost!! ur getting closer and closer to double digits!! woohoo!! I cant wait to reach my 10kg loss too and will deffo be celebrating when i get under 100. :mrgreen:

Keep it up! your doing great!

Danielle.
SW: 132.5kgs :(
CW: 117.2kgs

First 12 weeks lost : 14.3kgs
TOTAL LOST: 14.7kgs
Long term Goal: -50kg
#1 mini goal: -10kgs(122.5kgs)
DONE 18/5/12
#2 mini goal: -10kgs by 31/7/12 (112.5)
#3 mini goal: under 100kgs! by 17/9/12 my bday!..
dAnIeLLe

Postby twinklebarr » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:23 pm

Thanks guys! Pretty delighted with the 10kg target :)

This weekend was pretty naughty but I enjoyed a few treats and now I'm back on the wagon and being really strict again! My goal for this week is to reach 106 by Saturday. We have lots of nice things coming up so that's helping me stay on track too. We booked a family pics session for three weeks from now and for mothers day I'm able to wear a gorgeous dress that I wore once 3 years ago...so I'm back to my 3 year ago size! I tried it on and it fits perfectly so I'm determind that it will be a little loose when I wear it to my special afternoon tea at a very posh hotel :)

Do tomorrow means Zumba and a one hour walk - and no treats!
twinklebarr

Next

Return to Personal Progress