It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:05 pm

Free Newsletter

Oh no! My thin self is smothered in fat!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Oh no! My thin self is smothered in fat!

Postby twinklebarr » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:41 am

Hmmm reading back through my old posts has been a real eye opener. I was doing so flipping well and I ruined it all :( long story short, I lost 15 kilos, went to Europe and only put in 3kg. Should have continued the good fork but instead I didn't and now almost a year later I'm back up at 112kg..I put on 10 bloody kilos that I worked so hard to
lose!!!! Idiot...,

So here I go again! My motivation is high - I need to be healthier and I have a very unattractive belly that needs reducing pronto! I have gone up 2 dress sizes abc I was really enjoying just being obese. Now I'm back to morbid...so annoyed with myself :(

Anyway onwards and downwards! Let's set those mini targets (again)..,

First target - 110kg (I like round numbers)

Second target - 105kg

Third target - 102.5kg (where I got to last time!)

Fourth target - 100kg

Fifth target - 99kg (under 100!!!)

Sixth target - 95kg

Seventh target - 90kg

Eight target- 85kg (my wedding weight!)

Ninth target - 80kg

Tenth target - 75 kg (normal bmi!)

Eleventh target - 70kg target weight!!!
twinklebarr

Postby Blitz » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:54 pm

Welcome back.
At least you know the mechanics of what it takes to lose the weight. Now its a question of getting your head into gear and applying knowledge to the surface!

Wishing you all the best on your journey to a better future. :D
Regards
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby twinklebarr » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:17 am

Thanks Kim :) well done on your tremendous weightloss! I'm glad to be back and I think my head is def back in the right place. Feeling very focused and determined to succeed this time!

I had another good day - despite the fact that i made jam drops with my son! It was wet, cold and he was bored so we had lots of fun making a big mess! I limited myself with the lovely
morsels and kept within my cal allowance. Rather than scoffing down 6 and hating my greedy impulse, I made a point of really enjoying what I was allowed. It made be realise that my attitude to food is usually quantity over quality - mindless consumption of vast quantities. Quite often I just eat quickly without savouring the flavours. I wonder why that is? A new focus for me will be to enjoy what I eat. If I'm using up precious cals on it then I'm damn well taking notice of it! My challenge tom is going out for brekkie with friends...the pancake stack is off limits!! I really wish that I liked eggs as they are very healthy and plentiful on breakfast menus!

Exercised well today too. The scales are telling me that i have lost 1.5kg over the last few days but i know thats mainly water weight. Hopefully the fat is next! Feeling pretty good!
twinklebarr

Postby Blitz » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:37 am

I think it is because we eat with thinking...it is just a habit. It is interesting now that I've lost the weight how different food taste now. Foods that I once ate by the ton now taste too fatty or sugary and stuff that I once called "rabbit food" now have layers of taste that I never dreamed of.

The perils of going out! How I hate that...at the mercy of others what is served up. Choose wisely!

That 1.5kg may be mostly water but it does give you a good moral boost at the beginning of your journey. My first weekly loss was 2.5kg so I figured it would only take me 9 months to lose all my weight! I was sooo naive! In the end it took 14 months...only out by 5 months! :lol:

Regards
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Previous

Return to Personal Progress