It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:56 am

Free Newsletter

my journey from 129.8 Kg to 90 Kg

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

my journey from 129.8 Kg to 90 Kg

Postby Timbo » Fri May 04, 2012 11:27 pm

Hey there,

well guys long story short, i have racked up a fair bit of weight in the last 9 month "around 20Kg", i am 29 years old, 183 cm height, and i used to hover around the 105Kg. i used to be in the gym 3 days a week, and im a carpenter by trade, i was bit built. how ever that lifestyle changed due to personal reasons, and that's when the laziness and the full unhealthy life style started, no gym, fast food, and so on and on.

anyway i decided to snap out of it and get my old life back and even improve on it, so i went and renewed my gym membership, got rid of all the junk food in the house went shopping and bought all healthy produce to cook fresh and healthy, i even went and bought new clothes that i do not fit in at the mean time but i know i will once i reach my goal and get there.

other thing i done i did go and see my GP about my weight and smoking habit. however one thing he suggested is Duromine 30mg, said it will help kick start things. which i went and bought. and im on it now, experience not too bad , definitely not getting hungry, so i have to force my self to eat, since i need the energy to work, and for my workout in the gym. one thing im not happy about is that its messed up my sleeping habits, and im going to see my doctor again next week in regards to that and to see whether to keep going with it or stop it.

so end of week 1 lost 6.7 Kg, had a hard week at work, plus i put in around 10 hours in gym so i want to try and keep up the pace and get there and stay there.

dont know if anyone reads this stuff, and if someone does and have some tips ill appreciate that. either way good luck for everyone.

starting weight 129.8kg
current weight 123.1 kg
desired weight 95.00 Kg
Timbo

Re: my journey from 129.8 Kg to 90 Kg

Postby CronicBadger » Sat May 05, 2012 10:29 am

Hi Timbo

Good on you for deciding to lose weight. I was a similar weight when I joined the AWL forum and found it really helped focus on the task of weight loss. The initial dramatic weight-loss you experienced will taper off after a a few weeks as your body adjusts, and it's at that point you'll need to grit your teeth and realise you're in it for the long haul.

Another benefit of posting in your progress thread is that it serves as an honest record of your progress that can serve to further inspire both yourself and others who read it.

As for tips? IMO, Education and motivation is the key to weightloss: read the articles on the forum's main website for useful information, participate in the forum to help stay motivated at the times when you need a push (from yourself or from others).

See you around!
CronicBadger

Re: my journey from 129.8 Kg to 90 Kg

Postby dAnIeLLe » Sat May 05, 2012 11:33 am

Wow congrats on week one! very good start! Keep it up.

I also used to be on duromine and know how crazy the sleep (well lack of sleep) thing is.. Have u tried taking the tablet at a different time of day? I Tried taking mine just before bed.. so by the end of the next day i was tired enough to sleep instead of laying there awake. I also would have a day off from duromine to help catch up on sleep.

One word of advice.. coming from an ex duromine user.. When you finish taking it.. and are no longer going to use it, really watch what you eat. I made the mistake a few times (hence the reason for being back here) of going back to what i was eating before, and piled the weight back on.. and then some! The hunger came back and i was eating way to much to feed the hunger.

Good luck!!
SW: 132.5kgs :(
CW: 117.2kgs

First 12 weeks lost : 14.3kgs
TOTAL LOST: 14.7kgs
Long term Goal: -50kg
#1 mini goal: -10kgs(122.5kgs)
DONE 18/5/12
#2 mini goal: -10kgs by 31/7/12 (112.5)
#3 mini goal: under 100kgs! by 17/9/12 my bday!..
dAnIeLLe

Return to Personal Progress