It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:42 pm

Free Newsletter

Bettyboo's progress...

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Bettyboo's progress...

Postby bettyboo » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:50 pm

Where do i start??? Stat's... always good or not in my case...

Start weight: 142.9 kgs
Height: 169cm
BMI: 50.03 Obese class III

Chest: 136cm
Waist: 129cm
Hips: 142cm
Thigh: 81cm

I gave up smoking for the third time recently & decided to eat properly and exercise. I had gained a good 10 kilo's on my last attempt and never lost it when i took smoking back up. After a check up and a reality check on where my health was going i was determined not to add more weight to my already fatigued frame. For all my effort and sweat i went from 136kg (weight at check up) up to my Start weight here of 142.9kg.. I was devo.. Happy to say it has been 82 days since my last cigarette. I'm not counting either.. i have a reminder on my phone that counted up till my quit date and is still ticking off the days. It has become a nice reminder of how far i've come. I have set another for my weight loss journey. Am hoping that it will keep me honest and accountable for my actions.. heres hoping....

Tuesday this week i started my new program BT. I have just completed the detox phase and couldn't help myself i had to weigh myself... last night i weighed 139.1kg.. just to confirm it i weighed myself again this morning and yes 139.1kg.. :) I have now put the scales out of reach and am motoring on to my goal of 5+kgs this week... Weekly weigh in only and monthly measurements.

I'm hoping this forum will keep me motivated and would love one of those little ticker things on the bottom of my posts so any direction on how to get one would be appreciated.
[http://diaet.abnehmen-forum.com/diet/]Image[/url]

Start weight 142.9kg 28/05/12
Weigh-in 1 137kg 04/06/12
weigh-in 2 134.1kg 11/06/12
weigh-in 3 132.4kg 18/06/12
weigh-in 4 132.8kg 26/06/12
weigh-in 5 131.5kg 02/07/12
bettyboo

Re: Bettyboo's progress...

Postby bettyboo » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:01 am

I WANT to lose weight.. i don't wanna be stick thin. I wanna be comfortable in my own skin. I want to be able to walk in to a shop and not have to head for the plus size rack. I wanna stand with my head high and let the world take pics of me instead of trying to shrink into the background with an embarrassed flush on my face when my family make me stand in front of the camera instead of behind. I wanna be able to do all the activities my kids love. Let me on the water slide i'll show you how to slide.... Go on rides at the show and be confident that i will fit in the seat belt / cage etc.. Show me how to water ski.

Setting goals is important.. i wanna lose weight.. not good enough.. how much weight?? i dunno. I have been over the 100kg mark since i started high school. i don't remember being a certain weight i was happy with since puberty. can't i just say i'll know when i reach it??? no... I used to say a size 16 would suit me. Small enough to be able to shop off the rack, seems attainable for me. how much does a size 16 weigh? why would you wanna be a size 16 if you could be a size 12?? well WHEN i get to a size 16 can't i make that decision then?? Where's the goal setting in that? Damn Look at me.. size 26 + doesn't feel good, doesn't look good, surely saying i want to be a size 16 is a major goal. Pfft... no wonder you struggle you... have you ever made any decisions in your life? Stuck to anything? Hiding behind your fat is a lifestyle choice for you is it... :( I'm not hiding... i'm suffering.. did i wake up on my 8th b'day and say right i wanna be huge when i grow up. i don't remember it but perhaps i did. well this morning i woke up and said ENOUGH... Time to lose weight.. i cant see myself at 65kgs, i don't remember ever being that weight but i can see myself walking into a shop and getting clothes straight off the rack.. okay they may be the larger ones but their still on that rack. i have options. when i'm actually there at that size and step on the scale i'll know i can lose more if i want too.. shouldn't that be enough...

Day 5.. first small goal... to lose 5kgs in this first week. doable i'm told on my program. i've already lost 3.8kg. Then 1/2kg a week..

I've made my goal weight 80kgs. Not sure what i'll look like at that weight but when i get to that weight i can set a new goal if i feel i need to cant i??. If i can lose over 60kgs then another 20 after my epic drop will be a piece of cake won't it??

Woke up this morning feeling good. Thinner if you will. i've had breakfast, a meal that was never on my agenda unless a fag and coffee makes b/fast. I have hope that i can actually achieve this weight loss.. I think well it's be 82 days since i had a smoke.. i do that why not this.. My partner still smokes in the house, in the car, constantly around me and i haven't picked up a cigarette. surely the rest of the family can still eat the junk foods and snacks without me eating them.

My busy day has been cancelled and postponed due to wet weather so the only thing let on the agenda is my nephew's 21st tonight... am i confident i can control myself, not really but as this will be a life long endeavor i'll have to learn to adjust. I have 9 more 18th's and 21st to get through in my immediate family... can't be sweating the small things...

bettyboo

Postby bettyboo » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:37 pm

weekly weigh in 137.0kg 04/06/12

First goal reached.. i have lost 5.9kgs in my first week of bt.. Now on to my next.... 1 to 2 kgs per week. I am so happy with my progress but am feeling the need to re weigh myself just in case i got it wrong. good news is every time i do.. ( and i promise to stop) i've lost more weight.

I only did a 6 day week and had my first free day yesterday.. I had a subway for lunch. Chicken fillet on wheat bread with salad.. not to bad by my thinking then i had Satay chicken for tea. I had been looking forward to this satay all week with chips.. Turns out i didn't enjoy it as much as i'd hoped i would.

I am back to protein only today but as i have just finished 2 14hr shifts at work in the last 2 days i had no chance to get any exercise in. My water intake has dropped to but i hope to get it back up to recommended levels.. Maybe not tomorrow as i have to travel for a 2 day work conference and it is to long between towns for to much fluid intake. Am feeling good with myself and hope that this weight loss will motivate me to my target weight.

Fingers crossed...

bettyboo

Postby Rhonda » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:30 am

CONGRATULATIONS, What a terrific loss Betty.
Rhonda

Postby bettyboo » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:10 am

Thank you for the encouragement Rhonda. I appreciate it.

Well last week was as hectic as i expecting.. Traveling for meetings then getting stuck in a room for 8+ hrs didn't do nothing for my water intake or my snacking or my exercise. Happy to say though that i have reached my goal and have lost 2.9kg this week... Free day today... haven't decided yet what to have but i'm sure it will come to me..

Yesterday was terrible. I was craving sugar all day then last night got my period.. cravings explained.. Normally with my period i get emotional and very weepy. Not this time. I managed not to attack the kids or the man...lol bt may have just saved there life. Wondering if it has anything to do with the lack of sugar. I didn't sway from 1 emotion to the next... besides wanting a chocolate, nothing. I could get used to this.. will have to keep an eye on it over the coming months.

So 2 weeks in and i have lost 8.8kgs. Do i feel better?.. yes. Can i see it? No. Only my son has commented. Sweet boy he is... <3 I wonder if i can improve my loss by getting to 10000 steps something i have yet to accomplish. I am happy with my goal of 1-2 kgs per week. any extra is a bonus.

I do wonder though when is the best time to weigh yourself??

bettyboo

Postby Rhonda » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:49 am

I think the best time to weigh yourself is strait after your toilet stop when you wake up if you want to find your lowest weight, but really it doesn’t matter as long as you weigh at around the same time in around about the same weighing clothes each week.

WOW 8.8KG IS MAGIC
Go grab 4 2kg bags of sugar while you are at the shops and hold them for 5 minutes to wrap your head around just how much that weight really is.... well done.

I did well this month as well, I had 4 pieces of chocolate 2 days in a row and that got me past the crappy time and I had no guilt over eating them (that’s even better for me.)
Have a good week Betty
Rhonda

Postby skinnyinside » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:51 pm

Hi Betty, what a GREAT loss so far that's phenomenal :) great work! You've inspired me I've always been keen on the idea of Censored could you explain it a little more to me? I'd love to give it a try
skinnyinside

Postby bettyboo » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:37 am

Oh My gosh Rhonda... i took your advice.. 8 kgs of sugar is pretty heavy.. Seems unreal when you do it that way but a huge boost. Not sure what the check out chick thought...lol. Thanks again for your comments. Glad to hear that you too are having a great month.

Thank you too skinnyinside. Am loving having the encouragement. Not something i am used to really. I am very surprised myself with my results so far and as i have said before keep worrying that i'm gunna step on the scales and it's all gunna be a dream. Bt is pretty simple. It's based on 3 meals and 3 snacks a day. 2-3 Lts of water a day and 10000 steps.Protien being the major component of this system. There is a 3 hour rule. you have to eat every 2-3 hrs. When i'm working i look up and think damn it's time to eat again..lol I am not hungry and i am not craving sweetness as i usually do. I have a lot of weight to lose and feel confident that i can sustain bt not just for now but hopefully forever. It doesn't have an end point. you dont lose all the weight then it's over. It has a maintenance plan that i am very much looking forward to.

My goal this week is 1-2 kgs.

bettyboo

Postby skinnyinside » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:18 am

It sounds great, I lost 17 kilos following low carb high protein but unfortunately about 7 weeks ago I broke a finger and had to have surgery and I used that as an excuse for a break lol lucky for me I haven't gained any weight but I haven't lost any either as I'm ready to get bak into it bt sounds like its for me, I love high protein low carb it's such a relief not to crave crap all the time when u cut the carbs!!! Never thought I'd say that lol miss pasta lover over here but I don't even miss it when I don't have it. Keep up the fantastic work hun your going to be my inspiration! Do u have any suggestions for snacks/ food I've come up with boiled egg, chicken, ham....
skinnyinside

Postby bettyboo » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:37 pm

LOL i know how you feel skinnyinside.. i too LOVE pasta.. Can't say i'm missing it until i see it and think MMMMMM. Well done on losing 17kgs. and even better you didn't put any back on after your unfortunate accident.. Hope the finger has healed nicely for you. As for protein snacks you are on the right track with eggs. Deli ham, chicken, any meat really. Tinned tuna.. you can get it in flavours and is perfect size for snacking. same with the tinned chicken... I thought they'd be terrible and couldn't think of any thing worse until i tried it and it is beautiful.. highly recommend them. Seafood extender is another favourite. Easy to prepare, just weight it out and your ready to go...

Hoping to reach my goal this week and am interested to see how i am going.. bring on monday... have managed to get to my 10000 steps twice in a row this week... Yay for me... Mind you i was roped into training my daughters soccer team which helped with the steps....lol Water intake is up to which is always good.

bettyboo

Postby skinnyinside » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:16 am

You are doing great betty!! I've found a recipe for cream cheese "muffins" that are apparently allowed on bt apparently they are like cheesecake and would be good for the last snack of te say I reckon :) I'll give them a crack and let u know how I go :). I'm on day three of protein only and I am looking forward to some veges lol
skinnyinside

Postby bettyboo » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:51 am

Oh My gosh i remember that feeling. I was never a big vege eater.. Pea's corn carrots.. imagine my horror when i read i can only have these veges maximum twice a week. I was craving veges big time.. I wasn't much of a salad eater either. I didn't like tomato, beetroot, cucumber etc... didn't leave much to have with my lettuce....lol happy to say that i have a liking for them all now. Guessing the taste buds are changing for me after my '97' days smoke free... Good i love this app on my phone... it was counting down to my quit date then started counting up.. so i have added another counter for my weight loss.. day 19 today...lol

I was checking myself out in the mirror last night as you do...lol and i can actually see the decrease in my mass. The skin on my stomach is getting wrinkly. Only thing i am concerned about is excess skin.. They tell me on BT the skin has a chance to shrink with you..Let's hope so.. I want to look as good naked as i hope to dressed if not better :wink: .. apparently the skin sheds every 30 days or so (i think it was 30 days)..

It will be very interesting to see my monthly photo.. Another BT thing.. You take a start photo. find a picture of what you wanna look like at the end and stick your face on it.. ( i haven't stuck my face on yet.. why ruin the dream...lol) then you take one every month. I opted for the fully dressed option. No one needs to see that.. Hopefully in a few months i'll see the results in photo's and there is no denying then... a picture tells a thousand words...

Let me know how you go with the muffins...

bettyboo

Postby bettyboo » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:55 pm

Well shock horror.. i've reached the magic 10kg lost mark.. Managed to reach my goal this week by losing 1.7kg's. Am so chuffed to be able to say yes i've lost 10kgs thanks for noticing...lol And to top it off my daughter ran the tape measure over me and i've lost 38 cm's as well. The biggest loss being on my waist and thighs..

Today is free day and i have not got off to a very good start.. Got snowed under at work and here it is nearly 3 pm and i've yet to have lunch.. Must stick to the 3 hr rule.. have no interest in sweets this week though... Felt queasy at the thought of them after my slight overdose last week..

Moving on i hope to get a planned walk in every day this week and to lose again between 1-2kgs..

I'm on fire... :D

bettyboo

Postby skinnyinside » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:47 pm

You are doing so well!! I wish I could lose 10 kilos in less than a month!!! I feel like I'm going at snails pace these days lol. Great job :) what would a typical day of food be for u?
skinnyinside

Postby bettyboo » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:50 pm

Typical day of food.... Hmmmm I'll take a day out of my food diary.

2 eggs on wholegrain toast. (usually poached) B/fast

Shaved chicken breast snack

Corned beef (deli Meat) and salad Lunch

Tuna can (Zesty vinegarette YUM) Snack

Pork stirfry Dinner

Tin of chicken and Mayo.

This is a typical day although i find if i don't have stirfrys filled with vege i tend to have more salad.

It will be interesting to see what this week brings in terms of weight loss as i only lost 1.7kg's last week.. Not that i am complaining.. anything that isn't a gain is a bonus to me :D I will be happy to stick with the 1-2 kgs a week from here on out as i am concerned about excess skin and don't what to lose the weight to quick.. would be devastated to end up with a curtain of skin after this...

Have to try and get the planned walk in.. might have to get on my crosstrainer and rack the steps up that way there doesn't seem to be enough daylight hours these days..

How did the experiment go?? The cheese things turn out ok??

Hoping we all have a great week weightloss wise.. :)

bettyboo

Next

Return to Personal Progress