It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:19 pm

Free Newsletter

I'm a YoYo - my progress from then 'til now!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

I'm a YoYo - my progress from then 'til now!

Postby lil_weiron » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:59 pm

Since I was 16 i've felt like a yoyo..

Im now 26 and three kids later along with being an on/off smoker ( i quit about 6 times but have successfully stayed quit for about a year and a half now) you can imagine my weight going up and down like a yoyo now right?

I'm at my heaviest in my life, people blame that on the baby.. i dont, i blame it on my body.. when i figure out what makes my body tick then it should be easy to get back into shape but right now the problem is i dont have a clue what works and doesnt work for me..

sooo.. I'm gyming it at curves ladies gym every week & trying to keep up with my kids.. and after feeling tired all the time and no it isn't because i have a 6 month old baby and 2 little girls, because they are all asleep by 8.30pm every night..I've been taking woman's essentials multi-vitamins and waiting for the goodness to kick in which never did so i decided it was time to get a check up.. so the doctor did some tests and turns out im "borderline anemic" so now im on some iron tablets .. so far its been a few days the pharmacist said it takes a good 2 months at least before the tablets are well and truly working.. we'll see..

But I think knowing what the problem was has given me some motivation to keep going!

I'm looking into this censored thing.. it looks good.. id like to try it..I've heard it teaches you all the true facts and the good values about food that society has forgotten along the road to obesity city! I'd like to eat the RIGHT foods but these days no one knows what the right foods are.. has anyone else done it or know someone who has and it worked?

So for now My goal is to:

-keep my excersize levels up because it makes me feel good..

-I'm currently trying to cut down my sugar intake.. substitute coke with coke zero and then when im brave enough give it up all together (strange because i never used to buy pop at all & somewhere along the line it crept into my house) its addictive :(

-Trying to stay away from pastas and starchy foods... and will be working towards eating more foods with meat and veg..

overall trying to get my body to a fitness level where i *FEEL* fit and healthy! for me its not just about the weight.. its about feeling good and knowing i can run after the ice cream truck if i really had to.. which i dont but just sayin :-P

Love to hear your ideas relating to anything in this thread and I will post some new updates as i progress along in my journey .. Thanks for listening guys :-)

LW
ImageImage
lil_weiron

Re: I'm a YoYo - my progress from then 'til now!

Postby Metalcharm » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:06 pm

Welcome LW and all the best to you!

Your goals are sensible and realistic which is great.
No use going in saying you're going to lose 5kg a week if it's impossible and will deflate you at some stage!

(just my personal tips .. limit the soft drinks, even the diet ones, as much as possible and as soon as possible.
and up the veg intake .. they're all good :) )
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby lil_weiron » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:44 pm

Well Im currently sitting in a rutt,

With all the storms we've had this week i haven't made it to the gym.. which has left me feeling a bit flat to be honest..

Am going to try this arvo if my mum will watch the kiddies for me.. the baby is being exceptionally clingy these last few days & I really dont know what his problem is.. surely he cant be teething again already!? :-\
If not im going to just do as much housework as the hours in the day will let me and claim that is my exercise until i can get back to the gym.. at least i will feel useful and productive if i keep that up..

This weeks goal .. increase water intake..

here we go..
ImageImage
lil_weiron

Postby skinnyinside » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:40 pm

Hi there! You will get there don't be too hard on yourself I only have one kidlet and feel exhausted all the time lol your Doin great, small changes = big results! Look forward to seeing you round the boards! Have a great day :)
skinnyinside

Postby Metalcharm » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:56 pm

Could you get a couple of exercise DVDs to do when you can't get to the gym?
I have a couple that I got from BigW that aren't very expensive and good to chick on for days it's hard to get outside.

Or is there somewhere you can skip? Get a skipping rope and do that. I'm lucky to have high ceilings and can do it inside if necessary but I realise not everyone can do that .. but perhaps a verandah or patio?

Don't make excuses - find ways around the obstacles. Even if you just get up and do squats, or march on the spot through the ad breaks .. doing something .. ANYTHING .. is better than sitting on the lounge.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby lil_weiron » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:20 pm

Yup I got the zumba dvds to try, it stopped raining and i had some things to get done this morning, so while the weather was clear me n bub went for a walk to the post office .. anyone got any quick & easy breakfast ideas.. apart from cereal ? i feel absolutely starving on a morning time :(
ImageImage
lil_weiron

Postby Rhonda » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:36 pm

The only cereal I like with milk is cornflakes and I can’t eat them because I get so hungry.
I have toast allot because it fills me up better than anything else and there is so much you can have on it but if you are looking for something else you could have
Omelette
Bacon eggs tomato and mushrooms
Muffins
Crumpets
Yoghurt
Fruit salad
Pikelets/ pancakes
Scrambled eggs
Smoothies
Rhonda

Postby lil_weiron » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:06 pm

Thanks for the suggestions Rhonda :-)

Well I spent Monday night in the emergency room at the hospital, Was having problems breathing, but am all fixed up now.. bad news is me and my little baby both had colds which developed into chest infections, but now were both on anti-biotics and on the mend! not really having a great run these last couple of weeks !

on the bright side, I've been drinking alot more water which was my goal so i feel great about that!
Just got to keep it up now & try not to slip back into bad habits, i find i only really used to drink water before, after and during my workouts..

Anyway thats little update, not much progress but it will pick up when everything clears up :-) Im literally jumping around on the inside eager to get better i miss exercising!! :D
ImageImage
lil_weiron

Postby Sharrelle » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:05 pm

Sounds like you have had a rough trot the last couple of weeks. The important thing is your health, and as long as your health is ok then you can always get back into it later....think of it as a rest, listen to your body and it is saying rest and relax until you get better. Exercise is not good when you are sick so think of it as your pass card and you will make up for it later....

A suggestion for brekkie is a banana, 4-5 strawberries (i use frozen), some form of fibre like Metamucil or psylium husks or bran - 1 or 2 teaspoons, apple or OJ added to it and blend in your blender. this keeps me full all morning. I don't do it everyday but try twice per week.

Take care.
Sharrelle

Postby lil_weiron » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:27 pm

Cheers for the ideas!

Ive been doing some reasearch and have decided to try them BT diet, which is mostly protein and after the first 3 days you can have as much salad and veg as u like, so im going to plan my menu and go to the spud shed & butchers etc and get all the ingredience i will be needing :-)

Ive actually come up with a plan to help myself drink more water each day by having a ritual every morning of a glass of water with my breakfast.. which i noramlly wouldnt do but its actually become part of my daily routine now and it kick starts my day on a healthy note making me want to keep drinking water throughout so im over the moon coz that was one issue i thought i was going to have problems tackeling hehe!!

Not at the gym yet, but still do quite a bit of walking each day with my normal day to day errands.

My goal for tomorrow is im going to start taking the baby out in the pram on a morning.. now hes feeling a bit better and i dont keel over every time i walk more then 10 steps haha i've got myself a raincoat for the pram just incase the weather doesnt hold up and im more determined then ever now :-D
ImageImage
lil_weiron

Return to Personal Progress