It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:54 pm

Free Newsletter

It's 50schick's time to Shine!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

It's 50schick's time to Shine!

Postby 50schick » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:33 am

Well......where do I begin? Think I'll give you all the short story. I'm fat. I've been fat, on & off since my childhood. I've had periods (albeit brief!) of being thin, but I can never maintain it. Which brings me to where I am today.....fat.

I'm 38. I have 5 wonderful kids. I have a gorgeous, wonderful loving husband who I, sometimes believe, do not deserve. I suffer from post-natal depression.

Tomorrow is the start of (yet) another "Day One" for me. I've had so many "Day One's" over the years I've lost count! I think my best approach this time is to change my "Day One" to "One Day" in other words, take it one day at a time.

So my current stas are:
SW- 84.6kgs
GW-55kgs (I'm only 158cms in height)

1st mini goal- 79kgs.

Thanks for reading, hope I've kept it short & sweet & not waffled on too much.

Good luck to everyone on their own personal journies :D

50schick
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4pDS1x/]
50schick

Re: It's 50schick's time to Shine!

Postby skinnyinside » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:26 am

Hi there and welcome! You can definitely do it anyone who has five children an is still alive is super human in my books lol( I only have 1 and if she doesn't start heaving I think it will stay that way lol ). Try to think of it as the last day one and not just another one!! You can do it and you can keep it off! Good luck, see you around the forum :):)
skinnyinside

Postby 50schick » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:15 pm

Thanks for the welcome Skinnyinside, you have done well in your weightloss so far! :D

My main 'thing' at the moment is getting back into exercise. I have no excuse at all. I have walking paths right by my house, I have heaps of exercise dvds & programs that I can use.

Today has been okay. I took my youngest to playgroup but we didn't stay long as he wasn't feeling very well. Once we left there I swung by Woolies to pick up some groceries & then headed home. Tonight I'm cooking a silverside with heaps of steamed vegies & low-carb, low-fat stuffed zucchinis.

I'm cutting my portion sizes at the moment as I think it will be better for me to just ease into it. I'm also going to ease back into exercise. I've always found it easier for me to exercise at night once I've put the kidlets to bed. It also helps me sleep better.

Well I'm off now to get my son's scout uniform dry for tonight. Thanks for reading :)

50schick
50schick

Postby Metalcharm » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:40 pm

Good luck with everything, 50schick!

hmmm, dinner sounds great!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby skinnyinside » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:14 pm

Scouts? I'm a scout leader!! I do Joey scouts Lol. How are you feeling this evening?
skinnyinside

Postby 50schick » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:41 am

My 6 y.o son does Joeys! My 10 y.o. does Cubs. He will be going up soon to scouts as he is turning 11 next month. They really enjoy it! My 6 y.o wanted to join when he was 5 & he kept busting my chops about when he could join! Haha! I'm glad that they are involved in such a great group, I like how it teaches them to be respectful, concientious & to have community spirit. :D

I'm going okay tonight, I really should be in bed right now as IO have a long drive to Sydney & back tomorrow!

50schick :D
50schick

Postby skinnyinside » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:06 am

I love it I can't wait for my daughter to be old enough to start! Have safe trip to Sydney:)
skinnyinside

Postby 50schick » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:47 pm

Hi all,

Well, today I managed to get back into the exercise! 1 hr on the treadie, various speed & incline & 700cALS gone! :mrgreen: I downloaded some new music onto my ipod so I was keen to 'put it use' on the treadie.

I've been using myfitnesspal to track my food & exercise. I don't get on there everyday, which I know I should, but somedays I forget to. I know that sounds like an excuse but with 5 kids to look after, believe me, it can happen! :shock:

So, my sisters & I are going out to dinner next friday & although I want to go, I'm also dreading it as A) I don't really want to bump into people that I haven't seen in awhile & they see what I look like now (silly & paranoid I know :roll: ) & B) I dread trying to find something to fit & look decent on me. :oops:

So this week I'm really gonna hook in & see if I can lose a few kgs by then. I know that sounds immature & crazy to some, but I know that if I do manage this, then I will feel more confident in myself.

Hope everyone else is going well :)

50schick
50schick

Postby 50schick » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:56 pm

Oh & Skinnyinside, thanks, we made it tyo & from sydney in one piece. Got the after school traffic when we were leaving but wasn't too bad. The trip was a 6 hr round trip & I was too buggered last night to exercise or to cook really, so the kids & I had ham & cheese toasties & scramby eggs :wink: Quick & easy :D
50schick

Postby skinnyinside » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:22 pm

Glad you had a good trip, I'd be buggered too after that! Good on you forgetting in the treadmill :) I wish I had a treadmill at home! Super jealous :)
skinnyinside

Return to Personal Progress