It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:47 am

Free Newsletter

My weighty story

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

My weighty story

Postby justme » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:47 pm

Ok here I go, probably going to be a bit drawn out here but I have decided I need to vent somewhere completely anonymous and hold myself accountable too so I’m going to let it all out so to speak and be completely honest here in the hope it helps me be completely honest with my-self.

I’m 29 years old, have a pretty goodlooking partner who is pretty wonderful while at the same time being as frustrating as hell and being gifted with the rare ability to really piss me off however he’s the man that I can say I truly love and tries so hard to be supportive most of the time. I am the proud mother of three absolutely wonderful children an 8 year old boy, 7 year old girl and 21 month old boy – I still can’t get over how lucky I am in my children they are all smart, strong, kind and gorgeous children, blows my mind that I helped create them. I must have done something pretty good in a past life to have been given such amazing kids  I also have a dog – black Labrador who is 8 months old and for anyone that has had or knows someone who has a Lab you can understand how truly smart and bloody dumb they are at the same time, but she has this certain way about her that just grabs at your heart and even when she’s digged up the yard and chewed your shoes you can’t be mad for long.

I live a pretty predictable life at the moment and while it is so rewarding in so many ways can also bore me to tears in other ways, I feel lonely, sad and so board when I’m not busy with the crew – it makes me wonder where is the life in this living. Don’t get me wrong I love living and I love what I have in this life I’m grateful for so much, I just wish I could feel more and live for the moment you know get a buzz for me every now and then – feel like as me my life is something..

Ok the hard part my STATS as I said 29 years old, 173 cm tall and on the 14th of July 2012 144.2 kgs current weight is 136 kgs. Loss of 8.2kgs in 3 weeks yay! First goal is to get down to 120 kg by loosing a minimum of 1 kg a week.

Tools for this journey Lite N Easy – to get used to eating the right stuff at the right size; Chlorella – to aid in detoxification process; Silica & Moisturiser – to help with healthy skin, I have a lot of weight to loose and need all the skin help I can get; Fitness Buddy – awesome app for tracking weight included with heaps of exercises; The Secret – good reminder to be grateful for life, Weightloss.com.au – if your reading this you get this one and top it all off me – time for my stubbornness to do me a favour, I’ve nurtured it for so long.

My weighty story begins - when I met my partner I weighed 90kg and that wasn’t long before I fell pregnant with my first child. Since then as you can see I’ve put on a bit of weight, well not to kid myself a lot a whole kgs. I’ve tried every diet under the sun from Atkins, the Calorie King, Lemon Detox, a whole heap of different pills to Admin Censored and Tony Fergusson. I’ve managed to loose weight, but then reach a point where something happens i.e. finances and then I do the whole F*** it thing and revert back to what I was doing before and then weight comes back on plus some for my troubles , sometimes I would even kid myself and think that what I was eating wasn’t that bad, the whole “I’ve seen skinny people eat more and worse than what I do and they are fine” thing. (I also wanted to point out it isn’t genetics either, I hate it when people say it could just being your genes. You see my whole family are beautiful and I don’t just mean my brothers, but all of my cousins, uncles, aunts, grandparents all fantastic looking – you know the type that when a camera comes out you try and get as far away as possible well that’s my family SO NOT THE GENES )

Now I have started Lite N Easy and I plan on being one of those success stories that people look at and go “WOW youv’e got to be kidding that’s not the same person”. I’m going really well so far and I’ve just finished day 20 and lost 8.2 kgs – honestly been a couple of should I say “busts” and that’s part of the reason I’m writing here accountability.

So here goes! Public arrrhh
Be Happy & Healthy :)

justme

Re: My weighty story

Postby Sharrelle » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:01 pm

Good for you getting it all out there, starting to make changes and moving forward. Just remember that it's great you are starting lite n easy however you need to learn to eat healthy, cook healthy so all of your family can sit down and eat the same food and you do need to exercise a little each day but it all begins with baby steps.

Look forward to your progress and if you want to document a 12 week challenge so we can see how you go that would be great. Set a target of 500g or 1kg per week, whatever you feel comfortable in doing, weigh in each Monday morning when you first get up.

We look forward to your progress, good luck.
Sharrelle

Postby justme » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:57 pm

Sharrelle - Thank you for the advice will start a 12 week challenge to start Monday :) With regards to the exercise I have been doing a little bit of weights and floor exercises concentrating on my core to strengthen it a little bit, then stage two is once i loose about another 6 kgs I should be able to start walking each day too - have a plan I understand no exercise = longer to loose weight and worse wear on your body afterwards.

On my challenge page will keep it quick and easy so hopefully can help motivate other people with out having to put up with my dribble. This page I will use as my venting and indepth progress reports - so sorry if anyone tries reading this and get bored :roll:

Today going pretty well so far I jumped on the scales and weighed in at 135.8kg, so down from 136kg yesterday yay. I am weighing myself daily, i know it can lead to obsession but I did some research on healthy peoples habits and this was in the top 5 and it seems to be working for me reminds me at the beginning of each day what I am doing and makes the rest of the day go easier.

I'm the coach of a netball team and had a game this morning so was running around for over an hour as I have to ref the game as well, had an abosolute ball can't wait until I drop some more weight so I can get back into Netball love it. Oh and my daughter had her first shot at GS and got a goal so proud :D

Had a pretty full day to come, my house is on the market and have an inspected early this arvo then might take the kids to the park or just get out for little while this arvo in between shopping and going to see my mum will have to see how I go.

Will get back to researching herbal teas, as finding giving up caffine is a little challenging especially in winter when you just want something to warm you up. Love the peppermint, camomile and green tea but also wonder what else it out there and what it can do - oh really good tip I've been using and is fab - if you drink camomile tea or green tea save the tea bag and when warm/cold rub on your face seems to reduce redness and sooths any spots - when in the mood to be fiddly I combine both together and works really well :P

Anyway good day to any readers - be happy and healthy :)

justme

Postby Sharrelle » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:17 am

Venting is good and this is the place to do it so go right ahead.
I like jasmine tea which is very refreshing and clean tasting and peppermint tea. I am down to one cup of coffee a day so I understand the need for something else to drink.
Sharrelle

Postby justme » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:43 pm

Thank you for that will have to try sounds good :) also came across this tea called Rooibos - it is fantastic mmmmm with a little milk didn't even need my cup of coffee this morning here's to being caffeine free :) It is not a traditional tea in the sense that it is made our of legumes, and I got one with ginger and cinnamon mmm again, however have been looking into it and found some really good health benefits and studies that have been done as well - increases brain activity, cardiovascular activity and can repair liver damage as well as being high in anti-oxidants so I have found a new fave :P

Jumped on the scales this morn and was down from 135.8kg to 135.3kg so pretty happy with that and can't get over how much I'm actually eating, way more than I have ever eaten before in a week. Had pizza for lunch yummo.

Little challenge today went to my son's football and usually have a cup of coffee and a bacon and egg roll or something similar instead I had my breakfast before I went and had a peppermint tea while watching the game - I know this may say lame as in "where is your-self control girl" but also really proud because the kids had a sausage roll after the game for lunch and was so tempted when I was breaking my one year old's up to just have bite - but no I passed the challenge and felt really good about my-self for it. Small accomplishment but really big high in saying no.

Been on Silica for about a week and been moisturising every day and so impressed with my skin, it feels so soft and the elasticity has improved too tested the back of my hand today and bounced right back so another high note for a really good day so far.

Have to take my daughter out for more school supplies this girls must eat her glue already sent and extra 3 in this year ontop of what was supplied in the school book pack. lol upside have a creative girl who does all her work, my boy always comes hope with spares as the end of the year so mmmm wondering . . . . .

Ok off to finish my wonderful day :D

justme

Postby tinkerbella » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:57 pm

just me,

oh baby am i hearing you or what....
just remember slow and steady wins the race...

i remember getting under 100,make sure you do something special for yourself once you hit that 99.5 too give yourself credit for your hard work,go and get your hair done it will give you new motivation....

ive really lost mine atm....finding it sooo hard and feeling a little down and hadnt felt like this in ages,i think the cold weather isnt helping me at all..

just remember keep at it and if you go off track just get right back on the next day...

you are doing well,remember do it for yourself.
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby justme » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:45 pm

Lol yeah reading right :P think that because before I stared Lite n Easy I was most days not eating until at lease midday sometimes even 3ish in the afternoon and then I would eat just before going to bed too, so that my metabolism has really kick started, can't wait till I reach my mini goal so I can start phase two exercise :)

Thank you for the advice about a reward of some sort - I want to go sky diving at 80-90 kgs so working towards that big reward, will have to think of some little rewards at some of my other lil goals.

I was in a really dark place not long ago, I had post-natal depression and a whole heap of crap from when I was a kid had to be dealt with AGAIN. So as corney as it sounds started writing down 10 things I am grateful for each morning (first few times took quite a while and I was grateful for everything from my cup of coffee to birds singing) but it seems to make me feel heaps better and I always have a better day when I do it, must start again been nearly a week with out it.

I've been reading your journey and you are going fantastic to have broken to 100 kg mark must have felt fantastic, it'll pick up again for you soon and on a happy note warm whethers on the way!!! :D

justme

Postby justme » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:33 am

134.7 kg WOOT WOOT :D :D :D

Again really happy with my self and weight loss, been sticking to the letter. good Started my 12 week challenge and BIG thank you to those of you who have done them and recommended them, can see the sense and feeling really good about it.

Really struggling with breakfast, I've never be a breakfast person but after I had my second child struggled even more sometimes really feel like I am going to be sick and struggling with how much I am eating first up - today had piklets with fig/apple/ berry mix and a piece of toast with peanut butter, had to force it down. It's done now and still feel a little fragile in the stomach, but also a bit better for having it I know I am doind the right thing for my body and that always helps. Can also feel that my metabalisim is speeding up really well because I feeling hungrier earlier in the day, 10-10:30 rolls around and I'm hungry again better for me than not eating till the afternoon.

Going to finish getting the kids ready for school and determined to have another good day! Have dog obdeience training tonight and I always feel good doing it - almost like my treat each week, an hour running around after my naughty little lab who just wants to play with all the other dogs I'm hoping it's that anyway. :lol:

Off to my fantastic day :D

justme

Postby tinkerbella » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:08 am

would you mind showing us a menu of what you would eat for a day on your plan?
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby justme » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:12 am

yeah no prob :) I'm on the 1500 cal diet now, started at 1800 call and will go down to 1200 once I hit about 75 kg

Today's Menu

Breakfast - Piklets with fig and berry compote (had apples too and was real good) and piece of toast with peanut butter

Snack - Vanilla yoghurt

Lunch - Roast chicken tender wrap with avocado and salad and a mandarin

Snacks - Popcorn (big bad too) and Fruit Bun - I spread these out in the afternoon as I need them

Dinner - not sure yet either corned beef or meatloaf I think at this point :P

If you want to see full menus you can have a look on their website, they also have make your own menu options. Food is pretty good most of the time, have found a couple of things I will not touch again but I got them down so edible other than that pretty good - I love the days when I get muffins, wraps and chocolate cake they are really nice.

justme

Postby justme » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:24 am

Oh and almost forgot :oops:

You get 1.5 cups of skim milk a day.

I'm a bit naughty with this sometimes don't have it all unless the breakfast requires milk. I just use it in my Rooibos teas. Also have herbals teas like peppermint and camomile at night. You are allowed to have tea and coffee but with no sugar or artificial sweeteners - I've cut out caffeine to help my skin but did the whole coffee with no sugar thing for a few weeks and got used to it and started to really enjoy - but no coffee for me now :(

justme

Postby justme » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:06 am

134.1 kg - :D :D 10 kg down!! Not really noticing a difference yet, but have prepared my-self to not expect any noticeable difference for about 12 weeks, so I'm all good with that :)

I've been reading a bit on here that last day or so and was starting to think about motivation and where people find it, think I am understanding why this time is so different for me, it's because it's about me not my wonderful kids, not my partner, not even my health but about me wanting to feel better and being sick of being depressed and feeling like I'm pathetic and worth nothing. I have come to realise that this journey is my own and I can't get over how wonderful that feels, don't get me wrong alot of what I want involves other people like being about to run around with my kids and have my partner be able to pick me up and censored me :) but the bottom line in this, is me.

I'm going to share a story and you may judge me as a lay bad mother with no motivation but that's OK because I'm ready now.

About 12 months ago my very beautiful daughter who was then 6 and in the bottom half of a healthy weight range was getting upset about her weight to the point where she would fold her arms in front of her stomach and come up and suck in her stomach and ask me if she was fat. I naturally got really up-set about this and sat down with her to have a little talk and found out low and behold mother's worst nightmare it was about me, she thought she was fat because everyone would say how much she looks like me.

I felt like crying and in the moment was a little upset but had to hold myself together, I felt this was one of those really big moments in her life and I had to tread carefully. So I took her with me and went through the cupboard and started pulling out photo's of when I was younger (hay I was pretty hot if I say so my-self) and explained to her that this is why everyone says she looks like me because of our faces and how she has my eyes, nose, mouth, cheeks etc. She wanted to know why I was fat now, so I then had to explain to my 6 year old that mum had made some bad choices and she in her innocence asked me if I can fix it?

I then went on a bender exercised 6 days sometimes twice a day, got into Muay Thai and lasted about 3 months lost over 20 kgs. I went to the doctor, and for the first time in my life got told to slow down my weight loss and that doing this much exercise was causing damage to my joints as I was so heavy (have a early arthritis). Apparently as I was breastfeeding at the time (and concious of this with eating enough calories for my bub) by loosing over 1/2 a kilo a week at my weight I would be releasing too many toxins into my breast milk and it wouldn't be good for my lil man.

So I took this as an excuse to stop loosing weight and exercising, I had post natal depression at the time and refused medication because I wanted to breastfeed and didn't want to pass any medication onto my baby. Needless to say the weight came back on plus some, it is hard to say how I felt - in my head I had betrayed my daughter, was pathetic, a failure and every other bad name one can call them-selves.

Looking back I now realise that I wasn't happy at the time and thought short of being a mother, partner, sister, daughter I was worthless and not worth the air I breathe. This time is different because I know me, just me on my own is worth something and that being worth something doesn't have to minimise how I feel about my family but actually makes it stronger because now I can properly teach my children how to really see their own worth.

Off to appreciate my good day now and enjoying being me :)

justme

Postby tinkerbella » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:00 am

It's so hard too be a wife mother and friend....
and some days its even harder!!

just take everyday as it comes,my husband would tell me when i was at a low point too look in the mirror everyday and tell myself that my husband loves me very much,i too have had depression on and off,i can think of about 4ish times ive been pretty low...

and i use too think it was always too do with weight,i dont seem too get depression when im at a happy place and usually im at a happy place when my weight is right,but its not all about the weight its something that we have too battle with everyday....

its good you are doing it for yourself,but its very hard work and it never ends.... :?

my mother had me always thinking about my weight as a little girl and that has been with me my whole life,i never ever said anything too my kids about there weight and always told them they were perfect where as i never had that and its with me in my adult life,and its something i hate.....

down 10 kgs now that is something too be REALLY REALLY proud of you are going so well......x
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby justme » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:17 am

133.8 kg - awesome I feel like a fat burning machine :lol:

Tink - thank you heaps for that, was kind of minimising the 10 kg as I can't see too much of a difference at the moment - however seeing it in writting made me go "Hell Yeah! Well done!" so big thank you.

Busy day today, well this morning daughter home sick, building and pest inspection and have to go out about lunch time.

Hope anyone reading this has a good day and off to enjoy mine :P

justme

Postby justme » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:15 am

133.5 kg - getting there :P

Feeling pretty blah at the moment, little bit of a cold :(

Had a little hiccup yesterday some dried Endamame and mouth full of tuna in spring water only about 100 cals over and I still had a drop this morning so not stressing out about it too much. Old habits die hard, struggled with making the kids food and used to having a little bit when I do. Determined that I have vanquished my demons and am going to do this :)

Had a real interested arvo thou, someone noticed with out being told YAY was over the moon as I haven't been able to notice a difference yet, I have given my-self a 12 week breather before I notice any changes personally and taking 5-10 kg pics along the way (only done initial so far at 136 kg). Also this morning I had some wholegrain toast for breakfast and couldn't finish it because I couldn't handle the taste of the margarine on it was way too salty, and before this love just marg on toast so know my body it getting used to new habits and is pretty exciting.

My lil boy has just come up for a cuddle and stinks peeeww so off to change a nappy and get into the grove of my day :lol:

justme

Next

Return to Personal Progress