It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:41 am

Free Newsletter

My weighty story

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: My weighty story

Postby justme » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:42 am

133.2 kgs, still loosing each day and feeling good.

This morning as per my master plan I have initiated Phase 2 of a Happier Healthier Me!! Quit Smoking. OMFG have been awake for under 3 hours and I am already struggling this is not fun - I am doing it cold turkey. I know it is going to be a challenge over the first 3 days then will start getting easier but by hell 3 hours and I am already not impressed rofl think clear skin, pretty smile and happy lungs and heart. You can do it!!!!

K will sign out now cause I'm prob not in the right head space to be typing here this morning so for anyone reading hope you have a good day and will catch you tomorrow :D :D :D
Be Happy & Healthy :)

justme

Postby justme » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:24 pm

Ok I busted today, but said if any day today is it. Still have not had a smoke for today and 100% back on diet track Tom. So had a half piece of grilled cheese and salmon on toast and had about 2 tablespoons of cottage cheese with allocated crackers so pretty happy I haven't busted with any choc, Camembert or chips. Can not believe this quitting smoking harder than when I last did it but will be all worth it in a couple of days when I'm feeling a whole heap better :) got to get kids ready for swimming so signing out for now :)

justme

Postby justme » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:56 am

I AM A NON SMOKER YEAH !!! :D :D :D

I am on day four now and weigh what I weighed morning a quit smoking 133.2 kg :P Now I busted day 1 and day 2 of stopping smoking pretty bad, but moving on stuck to it yesterday and this morning and back to what I was so pretty proud of my-self, must have been fluid or something cause according to the scales I put on a KG and then have lost it as of this morning.I had just started a 12 week challenge last monday and had first weigh in this morning knowing that I will have quit smoking so had everything crossed that the scales let me loose a KG for the week and low and behold lost 1.5 kg even with the two day binge :oops: So feeling pretty good about that, oh and when I say binge I don't mean take out or chocolates and lollies and chips (although over the two days had a mint pattie and 1/2 packet of twisties) mainly ate things at home in my cupboards like cheese, salmon, endamame, cottage cheese etc....

Back on track now and as a non-smoker, after I have been a non smoker for 4 weeks will move onto Phase 3 of a Happier Healthier Me! Exercise, I am really looking forward to it - and while I feel like I could start now I am waiting, taking my time and small baby step into this. Have always in the past jumped right in and gone hard for a few weeks then BANG I'm done, always seems to be a good reason or excuse at the time lol I bet we all say that. This time it is about changing how I live so in order for my habits to continue in the long term I am doing it phase by phase easing into it and being kind to my-self in the process :)

Feeling pretty good today and a bit more positive than the last couple of days, emotionally they have been a bit full on. It's amazing how much cigarettes affect you, I did it cold turkey and the first day I swear I was bouncing around almost lost and very edgy and soooo hungry or maybe bored; second day was like the first by a little less dramatic. I'm still a little bouncy and edgy, almost like it is a little harder to focus on a task. My partner smokes and since I stopped I have noticed how much he stinks, so glad I don't stink like that anymore :) So glad I am a non smoker, will hopefully be over it by next post but YAY!!!

Off to get into my day, so hope anyone reading this enjoys their too :D

justme

Postby admin » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:52 pm

Great to give up smoking...like many I too gave up a few years ago and you do tend to go through ups and downs but it is exactly like trying to lose weight. If you fall off the band wagon jump straight back on. I fell off a few times whilst out for the night but I always had the attitude.....at least I only had 1 and not a packet! You can do it as many have proven and you will feel like a million dollars down the track.

Good luck.
admin
Site Admin

Postby justme » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:43 am

Thank you admin is going to be a fun ride I know, but I'm all ready for it lol :)

Weighed in today at 132.7 kg that's a 500g loss since yesterday morn :P I know that weight fluctuates a lot and that it is not 100 % accurate, as well I also understand not to loose too much weight at once. However this number feels great I am now officially under what I was 5 days when I stopped smoking so pretty happy with that, had the little weight gain and then lost it. Makes me feel really positive about giving up smoking I was concerned as last time I stopped for about 15 months and put on over 20 kgs so was not impressed in the slightest, but this is a different time and different head space so really happy I am lighter than I was when I gave up - real big mental hurdle crossed there :D

Otherwise feeling a little flat and bored today, but will pick up once the kiddies come home from school and then will feel hectic again rofl love the irony when there here winge cause I don't stop then when they are at school winge cause I am bored :oops:

Off to do some house work and get busy :roll: A good day to all :D

justme

Postby justme » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:50 am

Half way to my first goal :) weighed in at 132.1 kg this morning a loss of about 600g since yesterday. I know I know variations and all, but guess what still feels good.

I did notice that the week before my last period I had a couple of really big losses as well, then didn't loose any for the first couple of days of my period. I did some research and discovered that we generally require/ desire more calories leading up to our periods on what I have read works out between 200 and 300 cals a day (this is only from a couple of sources and I don't claim to be an expert) that is in part the reason that we can bloat and put on a little weight during or before that time of the month. Wondering if because I am sticking to my calorie budget each day this could be why I am having these big losses leading up to my period - not that I mind at all, seems I have finally found a silver lining so to speak :D

Feeling a bit hungrier today and yesterday too but getting through by having a herbal tea and sitting outside for part or all of it depending on little man. Still haven't had a smoke and feel really proud of my-self, still have the automatic response to have a smoke after food and in the morning or after kids go to sleep and have actually gone as far as to reach for them (well where they used to be :oops: ) it's mind blowing how much they have an effect on your life and I'm not just talking about health, but out day to day routines and little habits or motivations we have.

My little man has decided to come in and play with daddy's computer so thats my que to go :shock:

Hope anyone reading this has I good day, I plan on it - after the house work that is :lol:

justme

Postby justme » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:25 am

132.2 kg - lol 100g increase, kinda expected because I had such a big loss yesterday and today is day one of my free pass to be a censored week :roll:

Early days yet on the front, but pretty impressed so far - have not had any cramping, just feel tied. Considering I have had a long history of pretty bad cramping and sleepiness, very impressed that while I woke up reluctantly I didn't have cramps. Have done some research and discovered that what we eat can have a pretty big effect on our periods and have been curious to see if this apply's to me as I have had the problem for ever, but pain only increased significantly in duration last few years. Oh and my skin isn't as bad as it usually gets too which is a plus :D

Not really that chatty this morning so going to go enjoy my day, hope you have a good one too :D

justme

Postby admin » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:53 am

100g is 100g, nothing to be sneezed at.
Look forward to your chats so chin up for tomorrow.
:o
admin
Site Admin

Postby justme » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:35 pm

I am officially not impressed, feeling like crap and the hungriest I have been for over a month now. Just finished dinner not to long ago and my tummy is still rumbling like that empty hollow feeling - will be off to bed extra early (please be bedtime for the kiddies soon).

This is crap . . . if anyone has any ideas on how to deal this please let me know, because I can handle being hungry but not this bloody starving feeling I have at the moment and it is really doing my head in. I am trying, well sorry No I AM sticking to my diet but this just sucks. I am so angry at my-self for letting me get to this point where I am sitting here after dinner tummy grumbling because I couldn't exert some self-control and was an expert at creating excuses for my-self and why I am here. If I was a "normal" person, wouldn't feel bad going and having something else to eat not on the list - but no I censored up and here I am. Knowing that I did this to my-self really annoys me and to be frank makes me want to kick my-self, but I won't do that because contrary to the tone of this post I do love my-self or maybe just don't want the kids to see mummy trying to kick her-self up the butt. My partner is not helping at all, he is playing his spastic computer games at the moment and it is hard to even get a grunt nedalone a hug when he is in this mode, he's really been annoying me for the last week or so because he has picked up "gaming" habits again and frustrates the hell of me. He works hard during the day so have to "understand" to a point, but this sucks.

I will jump off the poor me wagon had my "this sucks moment", but if anyone has any ideas about how to deal with this hunger thing please let me know.

justme

Postby CronicBadger » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:25 pm

Justme, grit your teeth and put up with it, no matter what! Drinking water at regular intervals may help relieve the feeling. A person's body doesn't like change, especially when it receives less food than it expects and so all sorts of chemical signals are racing around trying to tell you to feed it. I went through this several years ago.

Don't give in. After a few more weeks your body will adjust to the status quo and you'll look back on this period and wonder what all the fuss was about. :-)
CronicBadger

Postby justme » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Thank you cronic for your advice :) Have been going really well up until this point, then BAM really hard worse than day one again. I'm over it now but really bad couple of days, just wanted to curl up and cry. Think it was a combination of a lot of things, ended up going to the drs about the hunger pains and she suggested I eat when it gets that bad - apparently when youv'e got your periods and there are bad cramps being hungry can exaggerate the pain. With my first child the placenta grew into the uterus and when I had him parts of the uterus came out too, looks like a smiley face on ultrasound :) Have had two more children since, was very lucky with where the placenta grew both times - however get really bad cramping each month, can usually put up with the pain managed with only advil, but the combination of stopping smoking, dieting and that combined to cause a bit of discomfit - should be better the longer I am managing my food and once I loose some more weight :P Feeling heaps better now just first two days are the worst.

Had netball this morn, was so much fun. Played first team we played of the year where score was like 12 - 0 no our way, this week score was 2-5 there way again but omg we have improved sooooo much we were actually ahead in the first half which was pretty awesome. I'm really going to miss it when it is done, only two more games till end of season :( Is really good to get out there and run around not quite like a kid yet, but still pretty fun. Off to look at some houses now :|

Oh and I am not weighing my-self until Monday (official weigh in day for challenge) as I know I have put on weight the last couple of days figure if I am at 132.7 kg on Monday will be happy, that was my projected weight loss goal.

justme

Postby Metalcharm » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:02 pm

You're doing a great job - look how far you've come!

How about store up some calories for after dinner .. something very low calorie that you could nibble on .. like carrot sticks or celery, fruit, maybe even those 100cal skinny cow desserts or some nuts or seeds and while these can be high in calories they are filling and nutritious. Jut something to put in your mouth so satsify your tummy.

Good luck with it!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby justme » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:29 pm

Thank you metal - just saw how much you have lost that is fantastic :)

Have done some research and figured that I can have an extra 100 cals per day with out affecting my weighloss dramatically. So went and bought my-self a packet of Dove dark chocolate bits which are 42 cals each and have decided that I am allowed one a day if I want - I have been pretty fine most of the time just these last couple of days have proved a challenge and a half :P

Went to football today and had fun cheering on from the sideline - last game of the season and is very bitter sweet as I like snuggling up on a Sunday morning for that extra hour in the morning and I am so looking forward to being able to do this again however love watching the kids play, there is no better feeling as a mother to watch your kids out experiencing life and giving something a go :D

Ok off to enjoy a Sunday arvo with the kids and my dad who has come up for the day, hope whoever reads this has a good day too :D

justme

Postby justme » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:01 pm

Weekly weigh in today and I weighed 132 kg, so I lost 1.2 kg - can hardly believe this after the week I have had shouting out YEEE HAAAA!!!!!!

I think I have found my house, went looking this morning and Bingo walked throu the door and loved it. Not a new, modern house and needs alot of TLC, but just loved the feel of it and the layout was exactly what I was looking for so I am so excited at the moment.

Having a pretty good day, is boring thou just kiddies and looking for houses, and again YAY finally found one I like :D

Finding that the days where I am going good emotionally and busy are a lot easier to get through not hungry or anything, I am going to self diagnose my-self as an emotional eater - piss me off, I'm Hungry; feel sick, I'm Hungry; wanna cry, I'm Hungry; happy, who gives a censored about food there's life. Will have to self analysis more each day to keep my-self on track, I have the tools just need to uses them even when I'm in one of those foul "I don't want" moods.

Off to enjoy my day, hope anyone reading this enjoys theirs too :)

justme

Postby admin » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:13 pm

Congratulations on your 1.2kg....heading in the right direction.
admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress