It is currently Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:19 am

Free Newsletter

Shelley's Weight Loss Journey Take 575

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Shelley's Weight Loss Journey Take 575

Postby ganymede » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:56 pm

Thought I'd just add to this re-surfacing thread instead of starting a new one... again :lol:

I just wanted to write down a list of my goals here. Break it down into small chunks so I know what I'm in for :)

Between now and 26th of March: down to 85kg

1st April: 85kg (just in case I need a few extra days to get there)
1st May: 82kg
1st June: 79kg
1st August: 76kg
1st September: 73kg
1st October: 70kg
1st November: 68.5kg
1st December: 67.5kg
1st January 2015: 67.5kg (it's Christmas, I doubt I'll lose anything but will strive to maintain and NOT gain)
1st February 2015: 66.5kg
1st March 2015: 65kg

Working on 3kg a month but if I could get more, I'd be thrilled. Yes, I'm pushing out epic burns and epic losses during my 12 Week Challenge but no way is it sustainable long term. I'm okay with being mid 80's and for it to take until June to see the 70's. Sure, I'd love to speed ahead and smash into the 70's by May and I could if I was pushing hard out for an entire month.

The truth is, this has been my downfall before. And I do NOT want to make the same mistakes again. I want this to last and actually succeed in my weight loss and maintenance. Depriving myself is not the answer! Living healthily and happily is. Sure, I'll still be "dieting" per say but I will ALWAYS need to watch my foods, no matter if I'm losing or maintaining. And the exercise will always need to be at least a 5 day a week thing and I'm okay with that.

I don't want the attitude of "4 more weeks of hard work and then I can take a break" followed by binging on Tim Tam's and take away and ice cream :roll: Yeah, great idea!

What I want is the ability to go, you know what, I'm going to have a snack size Mars bar or a "few" chips and give myself that leeway to ensure I don't end up starving and eating the entire packet instead :lol: It's all about being satisfied without overdoing it and listening to your body. I have truly learned more about myself this time around and I'm thankful for it.

The scales will keep going down. Some weeks more than others. My main big achievement will be to get into the 70's again. I was happy in the 70's so if the kg's come off slower then, I'm seriously fine with that! All my clothes will fit again and I'll be able to exercise awesomely :mrgreen:

My main struggle will be losing these 5kg's back to 85kg, I had the 90's/early 80's! They're a bane on my existence :lol: But once they're gone, they're gone for good! Just have to keep churning out the work and the results will come ;)
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Blitz » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:49 pm

I find the word "diet" very unhelpful. Much rather talk about lifestyle. Diet suggest a beginning, a middle and an end where as lifestyle is about permanent life change. My maintenance phase is just an extension of my losing weight phase.

All the skills I've learnt and practices I've put into my life are still very much a part of my life. I exercise and weigh myself daily (and record it in my book), eat sensibly and mindfully in the pursuit to maintain my weight range limits (staying between 67kg to 70kg - NEVER above 70kg!).

Consistency is the key. Far better to churn out good reasonable numbers than go on the boom-bust cycle. You have the right idea and approach.

Wishing you the success that you deserve :D
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby ganymede » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:00 am

So very true! Lifestyle is the key word, a lifestyle does NOT end!

It will take a lot of practice and I'm sure I'll fall flat on my face more than once but I just have to keep getting back up and moving forward. No point in dwelling on things, just gotta stay focused and work on a healthier life!

Good and reasonable numbers is definitely what I am looking for. I want to treat my body right so in kind, it wants to respond the right way :lol:

Thank you, Kim, for all your support and help. It's always appreciated! :)
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby JP1 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:12 pm

Just seen your schedule there Shelley and looks like you have pencilled in a tough month of March weight loss wise - Good Luck with that of course but perhaps you want to join in on my Hell Month Challenge just to add some extra grit :mrgreen:
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby Blitz » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:39 am

I like this idea of March Hell Month Challenge. It will get you battle tough for Easter the month after. :shock: :lol:

We all fall flat on our faces - that is where the really valuable lessons are learnt so long as we are smart enough to apply them. If I knew what I know now back when I was losing weight I believed that I could of made it quite a few months shorter. But then I would have missed out on the heart knowledge and it would only have been head knowledge. Heart knowledge stays longer because it cuts deeper and becomes a part of your life.

Your approach is good. With his mind set you will succeed. :D

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Previous

Return to Personal Progress