It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:08 pm

Free Newsletter

Quick Transformation for summer (hopefully)

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Quick Transformation for summer (hopefully)

Postby BigDude » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:34 pm

Hey guys, new member here just posting away to make sure I keep myself in line. Perhaps I'll find it even easier to stick to the plan if I have progress and peer pressure to look back on :)

Bit about me, I've had an easy job for too long and managed to gain plenty of unwanted KG so again I'm gonna get back into shape so i can rejoin the sports I love.

Ultimate goal would be 99kg, but I'm not sure If I'll be too thin or not by then, only one way to find out. And hopefully around 105 by Xmas (depending on muscle gain)

Method is primarily ketosis, exercising only to use excess energy if I eat more for any one particular day, which I try to do 2 out of every 3 days.
Exercise will just consist of Push ups, horizontal rows, crunches, bicep curls, lunges just to tone a little, as loads of exercise isn't required in ketosis I won't go insane with the exercise until I start reintroducing more carbohydrates closer to goal weight.

See here's my Official start :) 122kg (226 lbs) (Pics were taken Last monday when I started) so hopefully I'll have time to update this thread at least every Monday with new pics and numbers.
And welcome to my journey :)
Attachments
122kg131012multi.jpg
122kg131012multi.jpg (125.36 KiB) Viewed 4126 times
BigDude

Re: Quick Transformation for summer (hopefully)

Postby BigDude » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:36 pm

Sorry not sure how to edit, That's 268 LBS. Wrong calculation in Original post
BigDude

Postby BigDude » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:37 pm

Fridays Weigh in was 119.4 kg (263 lbs)
Off to an alright start. Currently in deep ketosis and keeping exercises short and sweet. Also enjoyed some Spirits on Wednesday night (No carbs)
BigDude

Postby Tea85 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:51 pm

Great job!! You must be stoked with such a great start to your journey.

I don't know anything about ketotsis so I shall google and enlighten myself lol!

Keep up the great work

Tegan :)
Tea85

Postby BigDude » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:16 pm

I didn't know much about ketosis until a few years ago, have been getting as much scientific data as I can on it for the last few years, rather than theories and ideas people have on random forums.
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthrea ... =132598293

That thread sums up most of what I researched pretty well (usually I don't listen to much of the silly talk that comes from that forum), that guy did a good job putting that thread together. And it's all accurate based on the huge amount of reading I've done on the subject.
I've used the same diet before and lost 31kg, and it's taken me nearly a year to put under half of that back on. I didn't use before and after pics last time though.

Hope that helps, googling leads to a lot of false information about keto

:)
BigDude

Postby Tea85 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:26 pm

So did the weight return because you stopped using this method? Once the weight is lost how do you maintain? Sorry for the million questions, just curious. I'm new to weight loss just would like to learn as much as I can.
Tea85

Postby BigDude » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:41 pm

The weight returned because I was fairly happy with the progress I had, and decided to eat whatever I wanted again, knowing I can lose the weight whenever I like, or whenever I need. So I went free for all on the carbs for quite a while. And also didn't have motivation to get back into it yet.

But Summer is coming, and I have really missed playing Sport. So this is where I am, Back to dieting again.

I don't like the idea of slowly losing weight by eating limited healthy foods for 1 or 2 years. Some people can do it, but I'd prefer just to get my weight loss over and done with for what I need, then enjoy all those tasty naughty foods :)

I was 137kg before I first discovered ketosis, haven't once been close to that weight again since.

Some people say Yo-yo dieting is bad for you, but I do believe there's no scientific evidence at all to show this.

If I want to maintain my weight, I would cycle my diet and High intensity training, eat bad foods once every week or 2 weeks.
BigDude

Postby Tea85 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:50 pm

Thanks BigDude

Your a wealth of info!
Tea85

Postby BigDude » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:53 pm

No Worries, glad to be helpful.

Good luck with your plans for weight loss :)
BigDude

Postby BigDude » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:15 pm

weekly weigh in was 119.1 (262 lbs)
Didn't have time to get pics, might do that tomorrow morning. Loss slowed down cause I had some sodium rich foods over the weekend (Water weight) Should get a better weigh in when that drops down again.
BigDude

Postby admin » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:20 pm

Not to worry, got to have a little fun but just make up for it this week.
Just chip away at it.

Cheers Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby BigDude » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:03 pm

Haha thanks, I'm not worried about water weight :) That's easy to lose when I need to, as long as I'm still burning fat I don't mind. However it's going to be hard to measure the muscle gain vs fat vs water weight without the gear to measure Body Fat percentage. I can sear clearly where my fat has burnt off and my belt size has come down 2 notches. Will update pics soon.
Being the first time actually using pics though it's weird to see how the fat seems to move before it's burned (seemed to move lower on my hips unless it's trick photography)
BigDude

Postby BigDude » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:19 am

This weeks weigh in 117.7. Progress is a bit slow at the moment, so gonna tighten up the diet a bit or I won't make the goal of 105 by xmas.

More Green tea!!
BigDude

Postby BigDude » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:05 pm

Well looks like I have to change my Goal to body fat percentage, and not weight, as putting on muscle is probably going to mean I won't get to my goal weight, but my body fat percentage is going down.

I just need a way to measure accurately.
BigDude

Postby admin » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:39 am

Try this first
http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html

Here is a chart:
http://www.builtlean.com/2010/08/03/ide ... age-chart/

Some dude on YouTube speaking about it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRF2_xuzTD0

More info
http://www.linear-software.com/online.html

Hope that helps, good luck, let us know where you end up.

Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Return to Personal Progress