It is currently Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:54 pm

Free Newsletter

Emma's Journey And Updates

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Emma's Journey And Updates

Postby AboutTime » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:59 pm

I was using Slimmm Shakes for the last 5 months and in the 6 months i have been dieting i have lost 22.7 kilos. I am so pleased with that effort. I have alot more to lose as I am now weighing 127.3 kilos. my ultimate goal is 70 kilos . I have reached my first goal which was 130 kilos now my next goal is 110 kgs. If all goes according to plan i should be at my goal of 70 kgs by May 2014.. I know that may seem along time but i would rather give myself extra time and achieve it before hand than set it sooner and reach my goal at a later date...

Today i started using celebrity slim shakes. I find them quite good because when shaked it is a thicker drink ( leaving me satisfied ) rather than slimmm where it was like water..

Also, i have decided to up my exercise to try to do an hour walk every second day . I walk 5 times a week for about 30-40 mins...My eventual goal is to walk one hour a day... Also, i decided too that if it is a rainy day i will stay home and do 30 mins of stretching.

I have never been this determined in my life to lose this weight. I will achieve my goal. I want to be a new person slim on the outside and confident on the inside

I wish you all the best as you apply yourself to losing weight or even just maintaining your weight. We can do it with perseverance, determination and patiences...Take one day at a time....and if you fall of the wagon because of a binge etc get straight back on the wagon and keep going .. One slip up will not do that much harm but days of continual binging will....
SW : 150 kilos
CW : 131 kilos
GW : 70 kilos
AboutTime

Re: Emma's Journey And Updates

Postby FXST01 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:33 pm

Sounds like a plan to me Emma :D

You can do it.
bbcode Image
FXST01

Postby AboutTime » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:25 am

Well I am here to update.
I changed my diet shakes to celebrity slim and i have put on 1.6 kgs in 3 days. I have no idea why when everyone has had losses using CS. I am not happy... I will give it 2 weeks and if i have not lost anything i am going back to the Slimmm shakes.. I was successful on that...
I can not afford to play with my weight...
Losing this weight means alot to me .

Em
AboutTime

Postby Blitz » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:28 pm

Emma

You'll have to up the exercise to match the increase you are getting. The good news is at least its giving you the extra energy to burn...to get rid of the extra... :shock: it's a bit catch 22 really isn't it?

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby AboutTime » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:10 pm

Starting today i have decided only to have a diet shake for breakfast and the rest of the days food i will eat alot of salads, veges eat to lose weight in other words.. I am afraid that being on shakes for food i will put the weight back on once i stop using the shakes. Eating food is more realistic than having shakes twice a day with snacks and little bit of dinner. I have lost weight so many times that i know what i am doing and how to do it.. I just have to do it which i have all intentions of doing so....

Todays weight : 128.8 kgs
Goal Weight : 70.0 kgs...
AboutTime

Postby AboutTime » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:20 pm

Tomorrow is weigh in day... im hoping for a loss... Last time i weighed myself i was 128.8 kgs.. I have been hanging around this weight number for couple weeks now.. Just wanna get passed it.....
AboutTime

Postby Sanov22 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:13 am

Good luck Emma!

I have lost weight so many times that i know what i am doing and how to do it.. I just have to do it

Haha I can definitely relate to this! I think it's a good idea to just have the shakes for breakfast
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzWjG1y/]
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby AboutTime » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:29 am

Update : I lost 1.1 kilos this weigh in
Im happy with that , now if i can do that every week I will reach my goal for May 2013 weighing 110 kgs.
AboutTime

Postby AboutTime » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:34 am

Summary : 16 kilos loss in 15 weeks...
Average : A Kilo a week
AboutTime

Postby Blitz » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:06 pm

Good work Emma.

I'm real pleased that you are starting to tackle "real world" eating. Grab that lifestyle by the neck and continue your march to a successful future.

Great results so far. If you continue as you have you will floor those around at your birthday. :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby AboutTime » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:36 am

aahhh grrr :lol: I just want to pull my hair out haha ( wouldnt really do it ). I have been hovering on the 127-128 kg mark for the last 5-6 weeks and I am getting really impatient....I took a sneak preview at my weight yesterday and i was 127.1 kgs I do hope i am in the 126. gap when i weigh myself this saturday... 3 more sleeps til then...
Oh yeah and im back on the slimmm shakes , they had worked the best for me . the Celebrity slim i wouldnt recommend it to no one.. Over the last 2 - 3 weeks i was having a shake for breakfast then eating meals ( ofcourse smaller and less carbs, sugar and fat ).... So i showed great restraint towards my eating habit.

I will accomplish this .. my next goal is to be 125 by the end of the month... plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Lord give me strength to do this.. Keep me motivated and keen..
AboutTime

Postby Blitz » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:29 pm

The good thing is that Christmas period is finished so your routine should be easier to manage. :D

You're just in the 127's so you could still make 126's comfortably by Saturday. Your goal for the end of the month is definitely doable.

These hover times can be frustrating but keep at it. When I started losing weight I was losing ten kilos in just over a month but the last ten kilos I had to lose took me one hundred and one days. All the deadlines I set myself fell by the wayside. The 7th September (wedding anniversary and calculation that if I lost 2.5kg per week I would be at this date), end of September, before December, before Christmas, before the new year (I started on the 1/1/11 so finishing within the year seemed good) and before 27th January (my birthday - I wanted to lose this weight before I hit 53). I was over this weight loss thing big time. I remember telling my wife that I just wanted it to end and that I felt like a hamster on his wheel. Running running running but still not getting anywhere. It wasn't the frustration of the process but the lack of anything to show for it that got to me.

At the beginning of January I weighed in at 71.6kg and by the end of the month I was 70.9kg. A whole month of slog for only 0.7 gram loss! That made me focus and redouble my efforts. Bad practices had slipped in. My portion sizes had grown and my snackage had increased as well. I knuckled down and went from 70.5kg on the first of February to breaking the goal barrier on the 24th by reaching 66.6kg. Most of that loss was achieved in the fortnight before.

So don't get impatient or even frustrated get determined and power through! One of the most interesting athletic races of all time was run at the British Empire Games in Vancouver in 1954. The favourite of the race was John Landy with Roger Bannister challenging his dominance. This race was billed as the Race of the Century, the Miracle Mile, the Mile of the Century and the Dream Race. The form runner against the man who broke the 3 minute mile. There is a statue of the decisive moment of the race. Near the finish line John Landy looks over his left shoulder to see where Roger Bannister is. Bannister seizes the moment and dashes past Landy on the right and wins the race. Landy lost the race because he didn't stay focused and he looked back. Landy later said, "While Lot's wife was turned into a pillar of salt for looking back, I am probably the only one ever turned into bronze for looking back." Finish the race and win with style! :D 2 Timothy 4:7.

Kim
Blitz

Postby AboutTime » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:38 pm

i havent been able to walk the last 2 days as i have had a really bad blister on my heel. So wanted to walk today but my heel is still sore. I will get back to walking asap. Cant believe how sore a blister can be.
AboutTime

Postby Blitz » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:02 pm

It must be very frustrating for you. :(

At one stage in my walking exercise I developed some mean blisters and that sidelined me for a bit. I concentrated on swimming so as to give my feet a good soaking. It was around about then that I realised that thongs perhaps were not the best footwear for walking! :lol: Got myself a good pair of walking shoes, slowly broke them in and haven't looked back. :D

Wishing you a speedy recovery,
Kim
Blitz

Postby AboutTime » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:16 pm

uh oh !! I need help....
I feel i have lost motivation and perserverance to continue this weight loss journey. I am feeling tired of exercising. I can eat right thats not a problem but its getting motivated to exericse.. I havent really walked now for 10 days since christmas holiday then a sore heel. I do want to be slim but just having to get myself started again to exercise...I think being almost the same weight for 5 weeks has really dampened my enthuisiasm. Please help if you have any encouraging words to help me through this time....
AboutTime

Next

Return to Personal Progress