It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:23 am

Free Newsletter

Emma's Journey And Updates

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Emma's Journey And Updates

Postby AboutTime » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:29 pm

Today was my break day ( usually sundays ) .. I was a little naughty . I had 2 peices of KFC oh gee it was yummy but I am gonna have to work harder this week....
Usually sundays i have what i like but still keep it healthy... but as mentioned i had kfc today.. Oh well, i wont be doing that again for the next couple of years.. I dont remember the last time i had KFC...
SW : 150 kilos
CW : 131 kilos
GW : 70 kilos
AboutTime

Postby admin » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:11 pm

Just had to add comment to your post....ummmm kfc yummy long time since ive had it. Youve bough back memories. Sunday is a good day for a break , as long as it only one thing. I had today 2 glasses wine which i enjoyed. Cheers Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby Blitz » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:06 am

My daughter has waged a steady and not subtle campaign over the last few weeks for KFC. You are not helping! :lol:

It's been quite a while for me too. I just know that if I go there I'll be disappointed. The problem with healthy eating is that when you finally hit the fast foods all you taste is the fattiness (and not in a good way like the bad old days!). :shock:

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby AboutTime » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:33 pm

I have an extra challenge coming ahead tomorrow morning. I intend to quit smoking. If im gonna be fit and healthy i have to quit the smoking.. Last time i quit smoking i had put on a few kilos. I will be happy even if i just maintain my weight while in the process of quitting. I wanted to wait till i lose my weight before givng up the cigs but i am having chest pain and regular heart beats. So i have to do this asap. I will have healthy munchies such as sliced cucumbers, carrots and some pretzels at hand when craving gets real strong. Thing is i crave a smoke after i have exercised. So gonna have to see how this goes.. I need to avoid much triggers as possible. I do need to walk though if i am going to have munchies... Walking is a must...I wish i didnt have to jeapordize my weight loss at the moment . I will not be discouraged., I am a fighter and a winner too. So i can do this..

Em
AboutTime

Postby Blitz » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:02 am

People who quit smoking put on weight because they are substitute one habit (smoking) for another (eating). The trick is to substitute something healthy instead of food. When you feel like smoking/eating use this as a cue to do a few stretching or hand weight exercises or a walk around the house. You can link it to other activities like read a magazine (even a weight watcher or fitness mag!) or book, ring a friend, pray for others, do a jigsaw puzzle - anything that will work for you.

It wont take long for the health benefits to kick in. With that rubbish out of your lungs you will find exercise so much easier. Your senses of taste and smell will improve so that the little food you now eat will at least smell and taste better! :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby AboutTime » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:35 am

:) Thanks for the tips Kim, appreciate it :)
AboutTime

Postby caragh87 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:21 pm

Hi Emma,

Good on you for quitting smoking, it's hard but worth it!
What method are you using?

I actually found it easier to quit when I was getting healthy because I could very much notice the difference especially when exercising!
I think I'd probably die now if I did a hard workout and tried to have a smoke straight away.
caragh87

Postby AboutTime » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:01 pm

Hello Cara
I am using patches with some lozenges if cravings get to bad. Its crazy to exercise then have a cigarette all that good oxygen going through blood stream and lungs then only to refill it with toxins. I find that I am doing better at this quit because I am also being conscious of what I am eating etc. I bought some cucumbers, carrots and some low fat rice nibblies when cravings are still there after i have done everything.. I just need control which i believe i have attained since changing my lifestyle 7 months ago..

How did you cope with cravings ? Did you eat alot or you were able to resist? Are you using any nicotine replacements ?
AboutTime

Postby caragh87 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:31 pm

Hi Emma,

It's good that your not going it alone.
I tried and failed at doing that a few times..

The key to my success and I don't like saying it.. but it was the quit smoking drug champix. Not sure if you know if it but it works to remove the addiction to nicotine.
Basically you take it for 10 days and in that time you quit smoking and then take it for 3 months afterwards.
It really helped me, I'm almost at a year.
I'll be honest I have picked up a few cigarettes in that time but the addition is gone and it's just a habit.
I still go craving's while on the drug but I told myself if I waited 5 more minutes and still wanted it.. then I would have it.
95 % of the time after I reasoned with myself/forgot about it.. I was okay.
caragh87

Postby AboutTime » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:14 pm

Seriously what is going on!! I weighed myself and I put on 500 grams. I am getting really upset that my body will not lose. I am so badly want to be in the 126 zone. I have been in the 127 zone for about 5 weeks. Maybe the KFC on Sunday was not a good idea. But I thought I would have burnt it off by now. Kim not a good idea to have KFC hehe. It's not worth it. I'm doing all I can do at the moment with exercise . I'm drinking water like two or more litres a day. And eating pretty good. I don't want to give up on myself. Oh well !! I will just keep pushing forth the 127 mark has to break eventually some time soon ggrrrrrrr!! :roll: hehe I have to take it light heartedly or else I will punish my self. I go real well at being hard on my self.
AboutTime

Postby shel_bel » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:33 pm

You can do it! I saw a really cool picture on facebook today. It was comparing weight loss to a car on a hill. If you're pushing a car up a hill and it slips slightly, as long as you quickly keep pushing, you'll keep momentum. If you take a break from pushing, it will start to slide down the hill. I guess this weight loss thing is really like that. Keep pushing and you'll get there.

On a side note, my dad quit smoking years ago and swears by the book "The Easy Way to Quit Smoking". Puts a real psychological spin on the whole thing. There's a weight loss one too "The Easy Weigh to Lost Weight" (yes, it's a pun!) Might be worth looking into. I find that the more I read, the more it's cemented into my brain :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w49l0zq/]
shel_bel

Postby Blitz » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:45 pm

Em

You're at a place where your body is a great deal lighter than what it was before (I know - you haven't finished yet :D ), so a couple of things are happening. Firstly, you are simply not burning up as many calories as you were carrying the extra weight back then. Secondly, you are probably building muscle through the exercise that you are doing (you can't see it...it's hiding under the fat!). The heavier muscle is probably cancelling the fat loss so that it isn't showing on the scales. When the results of the new muscle kick in you will see good numbers.

Stepping up your exercise will re-enforce your new muscles and burn the extra calories your body doesn't naturally use anymore.

Regards
Kim
Blitz

Postby CGS » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:47 pm

Going by scales is HORRIBLE. I've been trying to lose weight for 2yrs now, down nearly 18kg (hard living in motels for work during the week). Last year I lost a mere 5kg. I wont set a weight goal, but I still track it though. I've set a size. Am I disheartened with the limited movement of the scales? No. I'd love the scales to move but do you know what is moving? My measurements. I just got back from a pretty active holiday (with lots of yummy desserts), lost about 1kg in 6wks. Pretty terrible right? I've had to go through my clothes and get rid of heaps as they now swim on me. Pants that required me to lose about 5cm from my hips before going away now do up (just).

18mths ago I got my PT to do a body fat percentage. 2mths after that I was the same weight, but my bf% had dropped 4%. By 3mths I'd lost 1.5kg and bf down 6.5%. I'd actually lost 6.5kg of fat, but scales showed 1.5kg. I've started taking photos wearing the same clothes a few months apart and I may only weigh 1kg less between shots, but you can see where the weight is coming off and it sure as hell is more than what the scales say. You're building muscle and it weighs more. And you want to build muscle. And please remember that or you will think you're not making progress when you are. And I think a lot of people forget this.
CGS

Postby duffa » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:23 am

Hey there Emma, I have recently joined this site and just now have been reading some of your posts, wow!!!!! you go girl, you can do it, just remember YOU ARE OK AND YOUR ON YOUR WAY, you are not where you were but your not yet where you'd like to be at with your weight etc but just remember one more step you take is one more step closer to your desired goal.

With the KFC thingy, PLEASE DO NOT BE TOO HARD ON YOURSELF love as its ok to have that in moderation, when was the last time you had that?. The last thing you should be doing is condemning yourself over those 3 letters of the alphabet KFC...... just realize that you made a incorrect choice and y ou then need to deliberately make a choice for the next time. If you like KFC so much like I think most of us do, I make and cook chicken thighs and make and put together a sort of KFC seasoning to go over them, that way its sort of like KFC but its the healthier version if y ou know what i mean. if you'd like me to let you know what i do with the chicken thighs etc and the seasoning, just give me a hidey ho. Upwards and onwards for your my love. from duffa x
duffa

Postby AboutTime » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:51 pm

hey there duffa,
thanks for the encouragements. Yes , im over the kfc thingy now. the last time i had kfc was about 2yrs ago. Its not a regular thing i like to eat even if im not watching my waist. But thats what was for dinner at my families house that night Oh well.. :)
Welcome to this forum. Its a great site with some great people that encourage and can be encouraged. Looking forward to seeing your updates on weight loss.
How much weight do you want to lose? If any...
My next mini goal is to weight 120 kgs so thats 6.5 kilos to go. My weight has been real stubborn the last almost 2 months. i have only lost about a kilo or two in this time. Im at a plateau and its real hard getting through the discouragement of exercising and eating right and then seeing no loss for that week. But i will continue to press in and give it all i got. A day at a time is the way to go :)

Em
AboutTime

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress