It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:10 pm

Free Newsletter

Emma's Journey And Updates

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Emma's Journey And Updates

Postby AboutTime » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:47 pm

I decided now to cut out coffee with its 1-2 teaspoon of sugar. I think cutting this out will help lose the weight. Also over the last few days i would have a slice of wrapped cheese late at night . I think this could be the culprit to why i have nto lost any weight. Maybe to much fruit to along with its sugars. So this new week i will limit my fruit intake to two a day.. No banana's as its high in sugar... Just two apples... and no coffee. Maybe the coffee is retaining my fluids and thats why i am the same weight or little more each weigh in.
Monday : One hour walk
Tuesday : 20 mins pilates
Wednesday : One hour walk
Thursday : 20 mins pilates
Friday : One hour walk
This is my exercise plan for now..I will increase pilates over time.
SW : 150 kilos
CW : 131 kilos
GW : 70 kilos
AboutTime

Postby Blitz » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:23 pm

Have the coffee - just leave the sugar out of it (and make it skim milk or black if you really must...personally I don't - life has to have some pleasures). People bang on about coffee and tea but most of that is true if you are drinking huge amounts. Remember most of the contents is water! The benefits of one or two cups a day in helping you feel full and hydrating you far outweigh the small amounts of caffeine
effects on your nervous system.

Slice of wrapped cheese! :shock: What was that plastic fat trap doing in your fridge in the first place? :roll: And eating it late at night...couldn't think of a more worse time to. After dinner brush your teeth and lock up your mouth for the night. In weight loss if you go to bed hungry you stand a good chance of having a good result in the morning. Night is the time for your body to deal with what you have already given it - not to overload it some more.

While I was losing weight I avoided bananas and have only just recently started having them regularly. I was cautious about them because of their sugar content but they do have their place because of the added benefits that they contain. I recommend eating them if you are feeling run down and especially if you are about to have a really heavy bout of exercise and don't feel up for it.

I'm so glad that you have reviewed your eating and found something to work on. Your accountability is to be commended as well. Good work!
Make this upcoming week really count!
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby AboutTime » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:19 am

I am losing weight extremely slow... I figured out that even if i eat a little wrong i put on alot of weight. For instance last weekend i had a some chocolate and following day i had a home made hambuger because of this i put on 1.7 kgs. My body is wanting to store fat. So if i eat even a little wrong i pay a high price.. I seriously cant enjoy even a homemade chicken burger...Thats a lot of weight put on just for something little.

So my CW is : 124.9... I cant put on any more weight or else i will for sure be going backwards. Cmon Emma you can do this... Walk Walk Walk and drink drink drink water.. i was 123.2 last saturday weigh in.... Its gonna take about 2 weeks now to lose what i put on. goodness. I tell ya i have learnt from my mistake. That i cant even enjoy something so simple....

I am wanting to reach 100 kgs then i will reassess how much more to lose. I would rather be 100 kgs then 150 kgs which i was before i started this journey....
AboutTime

Postby Blitz » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:46 pm

Well weight loss is certainly character building ain't it? :lol:

Even a year after reaching my goal the treats I allow myself are still very meager. Just a bit more general healthy food, a daily cappucino, a small piece of dark chocolate and if I'm really good and have stayed under the 68kg mark I'll treat myself to a small amount of Dutch liquorice (this stuff is like kryptonite to me...I can walk away from chocolate but not this stuff - it gets me every time!).

Our bodies are very sensitive to calories. It thinks that "normal" is many kilos heavier than what we are now so that as soon as it sees a few spare calories floating around it quickly turns it into fat! :shock: The upshot of all this is that we can put on a kilo in an instant without much of a pig out! Remember however this weight does come off easier because it hasn't sat in the system too long.

If you really want that chicken burger you'll have to plan it out. It has to be part of your dinner, with very lean pieces of chook, a turkish baby roll instead of the normal bun (best if you lose the top part off it), light mayo etc and heap it full of lettuce. Then cross your fingers and hope for the best! :shock: As for the chocolate; make sure its dark chocolate and only a very small piece - figure how much calories it is and then work your butt off with extra exercise!

Kim
Blitz

Postby AboutTime » Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:37 am

Yay !! After some self talk I have my motivation back to lose the weight. Today I am going to make a big college of motivational pictures and put a pic of me as a slim person in it also to help me keep focus. I have learnt so much with this weight loss journey... To be patient to be strong to be determined to be perservering and to keep focus. I am a stronger person in many ways because of this journey. I have a lot of weight to lose still ( 55 kgs ) but I must take it a kilo at a time and not be overwhelmed by the further future..

I can do this and I will do it...
AboutTime

Postby Blitz » Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:35 am

Good one...lots of self talk is the way to go. :D

When I was losing weight the music I listened to during by walks and jogs were loaded with lots of motivational lyrics which I kept my head focussed on the task. Special mention to David Bowie's "Heroes" and the Angels' Eat City.

I like the collage idea...stick it on the fridge when you've finished it.

Kim
Blitz

Postby fortyfour » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:34 pm

Hi emma

Its great you are back. I just wanted to comment that its a shame that you lost motivation for a bit becuase you thought you put 1.7kg on in one day due to a hamburger. Weight gain of this kind as fat is simply not possible.

It was water.I've got a post somewhere about fluctuations in water content. I wish i could remember where i put it now. There are many things that affect our water levels.

one of the reasons why we weigh ourselves only in the morning before food is because that's when our water levels are lowest and it is going to be more consistent than at ohter times throughout the day.

Of course water levels go up and down radically from day to day due to what we eat (salty food), how much we do or don't drink in relation to how much we lose through activity, hormonal variations.

So one must not look at the scales as though they have the whole truth embodied in a number. It does not tell you how much fat you've lost or gained, how much muscle you've lost or gained and how much water you are holding onto.

The best we can hope for is a general sense of our weight going up and down over time. So do not get disappointed with the fluctuations in your weight on a daily basis. So long as the general trned is downwards.

If you do something different like the day you had a hamburger, consider it a small thing. It probably made no difference whatsoever actually, all else being teh same. Its only if you are consistently breaking your diet that you should worry really. Or if over time you think you are doing the right thing but the scales are not changing.

Salty foods mean we hold more water.
period time we hold more water
most processed foods are high in salt including chocolate and sweets. look at the sodium on the packet. And in chocolate its so salty these days i can taste it.
a lot of restaurant foods, particulary asian is high in salt. this does not mean we can't eat them, it just means our water levels will be up.
Height - 165cm
Starting weight - 7 March 2013 - 83.6kg
weight - 21 March 2013 - 79.8kg
latest weight - 28 July 2013 - 77kg
fortyfour

Postby AboutTime » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:29 pm

Thanks 44 for your input I appreciate it :)
Todays highlight I walked 65 mins and that's the most I have done since I started this journey. I intend to do an hour walk each weekday.. I am excited about this...I have a new determination and its stronger now than when I first started. Yeppity Yep its going to be done..

watch out Em your mind is gonna blow when you look in the mirror a year from now... :lol: :oops:
AboutTime

Postby Blitz » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:08 pm

Glad to hear that...my hour walks were a foundational part of my exercise routine. Get yourself into a groove and slowly work up your speed. When you end up doing the hour walk in 50 minutes then increase your distance again! 8) Now if I can figure a way to get you to throw yourself into a pool a few times during the week I'll be over the moon! :D

With this new pledge what are you trying to do - get yourself on Today Tonight or something? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Go for it! Think big and grow small!
Kim
Blitz

Postby fortyfour » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:58 pm

Good to hear of your resolve em. I'm going for a walk today too. I hope it doesn't rain.
Height - 165cm
Starting weight - 7 March 2013 - 83.6kg
weight - 21 March 2013 - 79.8kg
latest weight - 28 July 2013 - 77kg
fortyfour

Postby AboutTime » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:32 pm

Kim,
I wouldn't mind swimming, I use to be quite a strong swimmer. I would do 25 laps straight in a 50 metre pool every few days..
I would have to find a decent pair of shorts to swim in.. :oops:
Shame its gonna be winter in 2 months.. There are no heated pools around my area..

5 years ago.. before I put on all this weight I was extremely active... So I know what I need to do but just getting that motivation back...and having encouragement. Your testimony is truly inspiring Kim... I thank the Lord for you :!:

@ fortyfour..
Hope you enjoyed your walk..
AboutTime

Postby Blitz » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:46 pm

You should have seen my swim wear while I was losing weight. Twice I had to get smaller ones because I couldn't tie the shorts any tighter and nearly lost them a couple of times...I was very much in danger of being arrested for public exposure! :shock: :lol:

The water is warm in winter...honest. Besides doing all those laps will warm you up! I swear by the benefits of swimming. It didn't lose me much calories but it really helped with my general fitness and especially with my asthma. :D

I'm glad that you've got your mojo back...now go and conqueror! :D
Kim
Blitz

Postby AboutTime » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:44 pm

haha your funny , :)
Yep I decided next Wednesday I will go shopping for some swim clothes and Thursday I will start to swim. I am excited..

I will walk an hour on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays other week days I will swim and I will walk to the pools so that's a 30 min walk and coming back is all up hill..

Yihhaaa ! I feel like yodelling hahha
AboutTime

Postby Blitz » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:25 pm

I like you plan! :D Boy! you sound like you're bouncing with energy...watch out world! :D :D :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby AboutTime » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:17 pm

I have had revelation about this journey and yep I am feeling very energetic. See if I had quit while in my discouraging times I would not have experienced what I am experiencing now. I do hope that statement encourages a lot of people to not give up or give in and quit.

" Breakthrough is just around the corner, DONT give in "

P.S I have also given up the cigarettes... So exercise is very important also to get my lungs cleared up from the years of abuse... So swimming will be great for my lungs..I am feeling very joyful and thankful for all that Is happening in my life.
AboutTime

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress