It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:15 pm

Free Newsletter

Emma's Journey And Updates

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Emma's Journey And Updates

Postby Blitz » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:12 pm

It seems to be a very human thing to quit just before success. Maybe it is the fear of change or failure, the unknown or just of success (no more excuses for the rest of my life), who knows why this should happen but it does. Over the years I've trained various people in different skills. Without exception they all quit or nearly quit just before they "get it". I guess its always darkest just before the dawn. Years ago a good friend taught sign and ticket writing. I too became discouraged and quit but my friend didn't leave it at that...he chased me down the rabbit hole and brought me back up. I earnt my living for many years with the skills he taught me. he was a good friend indeed!

I guess this is what this forum is all about. A place where we can go to be brought back up and continue on to success. Friends being good friends.
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby fortyfour » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:12 pm

Emma, when i gave up smoking (16 years ago now) i took up exercise and good diet to avoid getting fat. It worked for quite a while. I can't remember what made me stop at that point. It might have been i injured my knee from training and had to stop. But i can't quite remember if that was then or later.

Anyway quitting and dieting go well together if you make exercise an important part of your plan. Its just so great to feel healthier in your lungs and to get back all the other wonderful aspects of health and life that is part of being a non-smoker.
Height - 165cm
Starting weight - 7 March 2013 - 83.6kg
weight - 21 March 2013 - 79.8kg
latest weight - 28 July 2013 - 77kg
fortyfour

Postby AboutTime » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:04 pm

wow I am so happy with myself. I just got back from as 5 km walk. Felt so good !! Now for lunch is mixed beans with smoked tuna, protein with some omega 3.. yummy
SW : 150 kilos
CW : 131 kilos
GW : 70 kilos
AboutTime

Postby Blitz » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:41 pm

That's got to account for something! Keep work that healthy lifestyle! Way to go Em! :D

Kim
Blitz

Postby AboutTime » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:23 pm

Didn't touch a single piece of chocolate this year. Am very proud of myself.. Usually I would have a couple of easter eggs... I avoided the big meals celebrating this time of year also.... This week I will be walking 70 mins each week day. So I am hoping for a kilo or more loss. I want to be 118-117 kilos by the end of April or less. I will be so happy to get out of the 120 kg mark. My mini goal is 120 kgs I will buy myself a cheap outfit just to encourage myself that I am fitting into slimmer clothes. Should be great....
AboutTime

Postby admin » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:14 pm

Good on you Emma.
You should be very proud of yourself .... your new mini goal of 117 should be achievable.
Keep up the great work!
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby AboutTime » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:45 pm

Thanks Sharrelle,
I am very motivated to get this done and keen to maintain it :!: :D
AboutTime

Postby Blitz » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:06 pm

You did better than me this Easter. Got given enough easter eggs (or should that be eater eggs?) to last me until next Easter. :shock: And I had to go to a smorgasbord dinner... :roll: ...but I survived by careful fore planning and frantic extra exercise. :lol:

Op shops! For cheap outfits that's the way to go. Some clothes I bought were only worn a few times because I was downsizing so quickly. The great thing about op shops is the more you lose the more things are in your size! Nowadays I'm finding it hard to find stuff small enough!

Kim
Blitz

Postby AboutTime » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:08 pm

hehe Well I said no to myself to a easter egg.. I stood in my kitchen for about 5 mins arguing with myself to buy one or not. I did eventually turn around and say no.. That was pretty difficult. Coz boy do I feel like some chocolate and I know I would eat the whole thing in one sitting if I did buy one.. So I am pretty happy with myself. I just thought to myself about this saturday's weigh in and what I desire to see on the scales reading ,that pretty much made me change my mind. My goal is to be around 118 kgs by end of the month... I can do it !!
AboutTime

Postby Blitz » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:49 am

I would have been more perverse than that. I would have bought myself a small quality dark chocolate egg and allowed myself to have it ONLY when I reached the goal (...and obligated myself to work off the extra calories of the egg when I ate it).

Kim
Blitz

Postby AboutTime » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:16 am

I gave in last night and bought some chocolate eggs and I ate It all.. Not good.. It showed on the scales this morning. Not Happy Jan... :cry: Suppose I just gotta laugh at myself and think what a foolish mistake. :roll: I should have had more control than that even if I did buy a some chocolate I could have eaten just a bit of it .
AboutTime

Postby Blitz » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:09 pm

Put a fence around something and human nature just wants to leg it over the fence and indulge.

Perhaps you should have let yourself have one small egg for Easter and get it out of your system before it festered into this night attack! Hind sight is always 20/20...the only thing left to do is own it and do extra exercise to make up for the extra calories.

Don't beat yourself up over it just learn from it and grow in wisdom.

Kim
Blitz

Postby AboutTime » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:53 pm

thank you Kim, you are right I should have had a small one for easter.. I've learned my lesson ...
Now I gotta exercise extra ggrr lol... Some times your posts make me laugh hehe much needed :)

Em
AboutTime

Postby Blitz » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:12 pm

One major requirement in weight loss...a good sense of humour! :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby AboutTime » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:30 pm

Maybe me confessing my weakness it will help somebody else. So here it is.... I have been quit from smoking for 25 days and today was the toughest day with the quit. I felt like a cigarette so bad so instead of smoking I turned to food to distract myself, unfortunately it was only temporary. This morning I had a bag of preztels then in afternoon I had a bag of chips. So silly of me I am now thinking why didn't I turn to something healthy like carrots, celery apples oranges. Tomorrow is my weigh in and I am not looking forward to it. I am probably back in the 123. kg mark again. I have been floating around this weight for to long. I need to get more serious like I was when I first started this journey. I feel so yuk with that junk food sitting in my belly. Boy I regret eating this junk. I haven't had this junk for a long time and I can feel it big time. I am sure I would have been more refreshed pigging out on carrots.

I have learnt another lesson .. .. Not to eat junk food when craving a smoke and I am gonna pay for it on my scales tomorrow morning... Oh man. I just wanna have a good cry. :cry:

I hope being transparent will help some one else..

Bless You
Em
AboutTime

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress