It is currently Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:22 pm

Free Newsletter

Emma's Journey And Updates

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Emma's Journey And Updates

Postby Blitz » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:17 pm

I was 300kms from Perth in a small country town when I read this yesterday. I tried to post to it twice on my mobile but the internet connection was so lousy it failed both times. :roll:

You can't use bad habits to combat bad habits. To quote a David Bowie song..."putting out fire - with gasoline"! What you should have done was go for a long walk enjoying the fresh air and thinking about your new found fitness, improved sense of smell and taste buds, money saved on cigarettes, how good the lungs feel and stuff like that. Stop the dance (one step forward...one step back) and learn from to. Wallowing in defeat will only add to the defeat. The quicker you pick yourself off the floor, the quicker you will get to your goal.

Tomorrow is indeed not just another day - but more importantly a new day!
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Sallyvx » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:44 pm

I'm struggling to keep motervated.
It's hard when you do it on your own with no
One to talk to or help you with loseing weight.
I'm 31 and I use to be 180kg I'm now 128'kg.
when you get looked out with nasty comments your self
Asteam drops and I lose my modavation.
I wish I had friend to talk to .
Sallyvx

Postby Blitz » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:59 pm

You do have a friend to talk to...this is what this forum is all about. This is a journey we can relate with...we have walked in the same shoes. Share here and you'll find support not to far away. :D

Anything I can do to help you just let me know. Private message me if you wish. I have a passion to help others lose their burdens and find that better future.

Regards
Kim
Blitz

Postby AboutTime » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:34 am

Dear Sally . This forum is great for encouragement. Please post your hard times here and some one is going to reply. Also share your good times to encourage yourself and others. Congrats on your amazing weight loss you have come do far. Don't chuck in the towel. A kilo at a time. A day at a time. Just remember the reasons to wanting that new you. When I am feeling discouraged I come here to this forum to feel better again. One thing I am learning is to not go by emotions on this journey but to acknowledge the fact that we are overweight and what needs to be done needs to be done snd that is to get rid of this burdening weight. I wish you all the best for this journey. You can accomplish your dreams. One foot in front of the other :))
SW : 150 kilos
CW : 131 kilos
GW : 70 kilos
AboutTime

Postby Blitz » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:37 am

Yep...its one foot in front of the other. Sometimes it seems that we aren't getting anywhere or as David Bowie put it in a song - "Up the hill backwards...it will be alright!" :shock:

Anyway you look at it, this weight loss journey that we are on has some very interesting aspects to it.

Kim
Blitz

Postby AboutTime » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:10 pm

I am back ! :roll: hehe after a month or two away from the forum,. I have not really kept on track with eating and exercise BUT i am now back and am going to do this.
I have been better this last week and slowly getting back on track. Today i walked 45 mins which i have not done for about 2-3 weeks
I am so grateful though i only put on 2 kilos this last couple months i suppose it could have been worse because there were times i denied myself junk foods ( completely useless foods ). I have learnt to eat lightly and smaller amounts.

CW : 123.6 kilos

Mini Goal : 115 kilos by mid september 13 ( meeting a friend i have known on net for 5 years and i want to be confident in meeting them )

Ultimate Goal : 100 kilos ( for now )
Attachments
Emma123kgs.jpg
Me now at 123 kilos
Emma123kgs.jpg (47.78 KiB) Viewed 1988 times
AboutTime

Postby Blitz » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:33 pm

Thank God you're back! :D :D :D :D :D

It ain't over 'til the fat girl has left the building, right? Em, this is what will make you succeed in the end...your ability to keep coming back from the edge of despair. Good on you. 8) Every time - a little bit wiser and stronger from the experience. Well done.

Thanks for posting the photo. I see in it someone who is confident and excited about her future - and ready for change! More importantly I see a great (and skinny) person ready to bust out of that weight shell she is carrying and bloom and grow! :D

Go girl! Grab that better future! :D :D :D
Kim
Blitz

Postby AboutTime » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:18 pm

Back to walking tomorrow morning ( monday ) as i have the weekend free from exercise. I look forward to weigh in saturday coming... My challlenge has begun, its to lose almost 9 kilos by mid september.. ( 115 kgs ) I intend to walk 45 mins to 1 hour each weekday. I just hope it is not raining tomorrow as it has been today. Otherwise i lose a day of exercise and i am not that keen to walk in the rain with a umbrella. :roll:
I need to start drinking 2 Litres of water every day which i have not been doing. I need to do exactly what i did when i lost the 25 kilos. Drink plenty of water. no junk foods , 2 milkshake supplements and 1 meal and 3 snacks throughout the day and exercise 45 mins . Avoiding much carbs as possible and high in fibre and protien foods. I found this so doable and it worked...C'mon Em get your head back into gear and move your body its the only way you are going to go forward and lose this weight.. You can do it !! hahah self talk :wink:

Marching Onwards !!
Em 8)
AboutTime

Postby Blitz » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:59 pm

Keep your nose in front of you and do the things that you need to do. 8) It ain't rocket science - just application! :shock: You are on the right track. :D

Forget the umbrella...get yourself a good beenie. Even with an umbrella you'll get wet anyway so just wear something that will keep your head warm.

I wore my "Reality" beenie on all my walks and jogs (high summer and the dead of winter). The word "Reality" grounded me throughout my weight loss journey. The word reminded me I was getting real with my God, with those I love and most important - to get real with myself. Self talk is definitely the way to go. That internal dialogue is how you continue to stroke the fires of your motivation. I'm reading a book at the moment in which they say that self talk, particularly in the third person is a key ploy to successful weight loss. It certainly was something that I did and recommend it to everyone.

Kim
Blitz

Postby Dolly » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:35 am

Emma your plan sounds really good and I love your photo of your progress thus far.
We seem to be following a similar diet and yes the 2 litres of liquid is important to get things moving.
Looking forward to your next post.

Dolly

Postby Blitz » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:49 pm

Work it girl! :D

Hey Dolly - love the cheergirl smiley! It is what we are basically about eh? Cheering one another along. 8)

Kim
Blitz

Postby AboutTime » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:50 pm

Update :
This week and little bit of last week have been good. I have been walking 45- 60 mins each day and also eating right under 2000 calories a day. Which i believe from the research i have done is a reasonable amount of calories daily to lose weight. I will start walking 6 days a week now having sunday off. I look forward to this weekends weigh in which i have now made it sundays instead of saturdays.

Last weeks weigh in was 126 kilos....

Doctors scales yesterday was 124.75 kilos

Fight the Good Fight :) Like a Warrior !!
AboutTime

Postby Blitz » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:30 am

Em

Your upping of your walking (extra day and length) should pay off for you. That doctor's scale is a foretaste of a well deserved outcome. :D

Press it home now and really push it today and get a smashing good number! 8)
Kim
Blitz

Postby AboutTime » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:35 pm

Well Kim, I took your motivational advice today and I walked 90 mins I have never done that before. So proud of myself. Now that I done it once I can keep doing it. I proved to myself that I have the potential. I just hope that tomorrow's weigh in will show it. I'm going to keep Saturday as my weigh in day. The doctors scales seem to be more accurate as when I weigh myself on my home scales they weigh quite differently after each time stepping on them a few times within seconds. I will see my doc in 2 weeks so the more accurate weight will be then.

Ps: my body feels the 90 min walk heheh and it feels great. One day I would like to be eventually jogging. One step at a time...

Fight like a warrior !!
AboutTime

Postby Blitz » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:06 pm

My scales are like that too. I record the weight that I get on them only if I get that number three times in a row. This morning that happened straight away...yesterday morning I was doing the kangaroo hop for ages! :lol:

90 minutes! That is great news! :D When I jog or walk I listen often to the greatest hits of 'The Angels'. Really good rocking music to power through the strain. One of the songs that is especially meaningful is 'The Dogs Are Talking'. When I get back from a long session my daughter always asks, "Your dogs are talking?" So Emma...your dogs are talking? :lol: Good work! 8)

Belief. Back yourself and believe that you can do more than you think. One of the greatest by products of successful weight loss is the discovery that you are cable of doing far more than you thought you could. Keep the belief and keep pulling it out and you WILL be jogging sooner than you ever thought possible. I KNOW...because it happened to me.

Looking forward to your weigh in tomorrow.
Kim
Blitz

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress