It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:34 am

Free Newsletter

New year goals

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

New year goals

Postby Sanov22 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:57 am

Starting on them a couple of weeks early. I'm at my heaviest steady weight ever now, 79-80kg :( :( :(

I want to look good but more than that I want to feel healthy and be energetic again, and have more confidence... I'm conscious that it's Christmas/holidays now so I'm just aiming to be mindful of what I'm eating and be more consistent with my exercise and not gain anything over the next couple of weeks. Then start losing in the new year. I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding in mid March, would like to be under 75kg by then. Setting a very achievable goal. There's no excuse for me not to achieve that. So I'll use this as a rough guide:

7th Jan - 79kg
14th Jan - 78.5kg
21st Jan - 78kg
28th Jan - 77.5kg
4th Feb - 77kg
11th Feb - 76.5kg
18th Feb - 76kg
25th Feb - 75.5kg
4th March - 75kg
11th March - 74.5kg

My exercising is not very consistent lately but actually I have a reasonable level of fitness despite my weight - I ran 10km a couple of weeks ago (slowly, but I didn't walk - did it in 68mins). It's the food that's letting me down. I moved in with my boyfriend almost 9 months ago and I still can't seem to figure out how to eat well at home. He's one of those annoying people that can eat like a pig and not gain a gram... also he doesn't eat breakfast and is super busy with work during the day so only has a small, quick lunch... so when he comes home he has a HUUUUGEEEE dinner then snacks afterwards as well. I've gained about 5kg since we moved in together. I need to plan better. And watch the portion sizes. And just say no to the snacks... or make sure I only buy the snacks that he likes but I don't hehe.

This morning I went for a walk/run on some pretty hilly terrain for about 45mins. Having a latte now. Will pack a nectarine and some chicken & pasta for work. Dinner.... I will have to think of something
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzWjG1y/]
[/url]
Sanov22

Re: New year goals

Postby Blitz » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:19 pm

Good realistic goals.

Wishing you every success for a better future.

Regards
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Sanov22 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:27 pm

Cheers Kim

78.9 this morning so in a good place to get through Christmas holidays. Had a few slip ups but I've exercised a bit more than usual and been mindful of what I'm eating, seems to have had effect. Would be nice if I was already ahead for that January 7th start
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzWjG1y/]
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby Blitz » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:49 am

The sooner you start the sooner you get there.

Slip ups, especially as you are start out should be expected. Don't let them discourage you. Learn from them instead or they will be wasted experiences. You are embarking on a new lifestyle. That isn't something that you learn overnight.

Learn the lessons of the journey. Key yourself with questions that will help you in the future. Why did I fail? What dynamic was at play in my head? How can I avoid falling into the same trap again? What positive actions do I need to take to help me succeed next time?

Exercising and being mindful of your food is the stuff of success. :D

Regards
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Return to Personal Progress