It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:06 pm

Free Newsletter

Post-xmas return to goal

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Post-xmas return to goal

Postby John » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:03 am

Ahh. I just lost a long post when I pushed the back button on a preview. I can't be bothered retyping it all. Suffice to say that if you read my posts you'll get the hang of what I'm doing.

28th 71.925kg estimated goal day: 4-8 weeks away
Heaviest weight: 94kg
Goal weight 66kg
John

Re: Post-xmas return to goal

Postby admin » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:11 pm

Welcome back john. Thats annoying when you lose everything. Good luck with your target and let us know how you are doing it.
Cheers
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby John » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:01 pm

Thanks Sharrelle, I'm planning on having a special diet, but I'll only have that diet on the days I'm not working. Fortunately I have only got 17ish days of my job until I take voluntary redundancy ("the customers are dying off" - a past CEO) so that makes things much simpler when it happens.

Friday I had something nice to eat, a coffee and slice but also a yoyo (http://www.mydiversekitchen.com/2010/06 ... es-if.html) which was not what I'd planned to have. When I start or restart a diet I always have something nice to have as a send off, it seems to have worked since I lost 28kg previously. So the yoyo was unplanned, probably about 2000kj which is amazingly high for something so small.

I also had 500g of frozen veges and some tuna. During work I had a 12 inch Subway filled roll, which is what I'll be having for each work day until I finish there.

Today Saturday I gained and am 72.000kg. I guess all that was due to all of the carbs I'd eaten yesterday, plus maybe my intake was more than I needed.

Today I had a coffee and slice, the subway and some tuna in the evening. The coffee and slice is a reward for a work in progress - my attempt to be organised. You see, I'm terribly disorganised and untidy. I've had numerous attempts at fixing both over the years and last year especially, with mixed results. I buy a notebook ($15) and use it for anywhere from a week to a month and end up stopping writing my daily lists in it. That must have happened maybe 10 times ($150) in the last year until my day 1 for the notebook was the birthday of my deceased ex-partner, October 25th. So I have tidied (to some extent) 65 days in a row. That is a lifetime record and before 2012 I'd say that 7 days in a row was a lifetime record, so you know this is working for me. I get another coffee and slice tomorrow, then another one 2 days later, then 3 days later etc. See you tomorrow.
Goal weight 66kg
John

Postby John » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:20 pm

Sunday update, 72.1kg. Yesterday I have my usual things in the evening (tuna) today I had a coffee and slice and chocolate when I went out, and then a subway filled roll at work. My weight has increased 2 days in a row. That's not what I've intended. Also tomorrow I'll be having much more vegetables, which will add to my weight, confusing the issue. I'll guess I'll just see what happens.
Goal weight 66kg
John

Postby John » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:23 pm

Monday - another gain to 72.2kg. I had my usual tuna in the evening last night, and in the morning just had vegetables. It turns out that was a bad decision, as I was hungry at work and bought M&M's. I also had my 12 inch subway there. In the afternoon I was really tired at work (that happens now and then) and bought some more M&M's just for energy sakes. In the evening I had some sardines.

Tomorrow I'll have my coffee, slice and chocolate as well as the usual 12 inch subway. All these days of work are getting to me, I'll be glad when it's over.
Goal weight 66kg
John

Postby admin » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:27 am

Keep going John........work will finish soon and a new venture will come your way. Keep up your veg intake, you seem to like tuna which is good , do you like any other meat?
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby John » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:04 pm

Sharrelle, I do enjoy the tuna, but sadly that has stopped. I'm having sardines now. I don't enjoy them, but they are healthy, so they are the perfect diet food. I try and avoid meat that I enjoy (shaved ham and salami) because I can eat too much of them. I've never binged on sardines. My job has delayed my weight loss, I work a lot during the xmas-new year period, and it's really getting to me. But I've only got one day to go, and I get a break. It's only 8 days in a row but for this job, and my personality, it doesn't work. So really, my diet starts on Thursday, my day off. I lost weight today, 72.125kg. Once I hit Saturday (7 days off) I'll really start to lose weight, using my unlimited veges and sardines diet.
Goal weight 66kg
John

Postby John » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:28 pm

Well, I'm back and finished a massive workload, and also back from a trip to visit family. Restarting diet starts tomorrow. I'll be doing "Saturday's menu".
Goal weight 66kg
John

Postby CronicBadger » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:17 pm

If you're after a cheap, low kilojoule canned fish other than sardines, I'd recommend the Woolworths home brand Mackeral. I prefer the taste over sardines.
CronicBadger

Postby John » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:22 am

Oh really? I'll give it a go, and see what it's like, thanks. I have a pile of sardines to go through first, though.
Goal weight 66kg
John

Postby John » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:55 am

Okay, I've restarted my diet late (is there a person who started their diet early?) but I'm on it now.

73.175kg.

I'll be having my "standard" meals today - 1kg of frozen veges and as many sardines as a want.
Goal weight 66kg
John

Postby John » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:34 am

Thursday - 73.000kg. I had a whopper of a headache yesterday, due to going low carb. I can also expect to lose quite a bit of weight suddenly because of the low carb effect. That's not fat though, so when I go high carb, I'll put on a that same weight.

I ate "perfectly" yesterday - veges and sardines. Today I've hit 73kg, which means I get a coffee, slice and chocolate bar. I'll get this every 500g loss, a 'reward' for eating veges and sardines the rest of the time. Days I work I'll have slightly different food - 12 inch Subway.
Goal weight 66kg
John

Return to Personal Progress