It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:35 pm

Free Newsletter

Glam Girl's Progress and Weigh-Ins.

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Glam Girl's Progress and Weigh-Ins.

Postby Glam Girl » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:43 pm

Hi there!

Ok this morning, I stepped on the scale at 79.4kg. Today I had a nut bar for breakfast (low calorie all natural high protein so a good kick start) and a salad with chicken breast, lite ranch, and 3 dried dates. Lots of tomato, lettuce, onion, no cheese or anything and for dinner I am planning to have my protein shake but cheating by adding canned fruit, a spoon of plain yoghurt and ice and making a smoothie. For morning tea or afternoon tea each day i simply have some fruit. trying to drink lots of water with ice.

I have a question though. Who on here uses diet soft drinks now and then? Like Coke Zero or whatever. I was considering using it as an occasional treat since it's low calorie, but I have heard people say that they still found they didn't lose weight as fast while drinking it. I'd love to hear your personal experiences. I would only have a glass a day if that but since I am trying something similar to the zone diet, where I am cutting a lot of processed foods and sugars I thought I might crave something sweet now and then.

Anyway today 79.4 and 19.9kg to go for my goal! I will post in the morning after the weigh-in!

♥ GG
Glam Girl

Re: Glam Girl's Progress and Weigh-Ins.

Postby CronicBadger » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:34 pm

Personally, I now find my fortnightly glass of Coke Zero rather unappetising. It spoils the feeling from all the good healthy food I eat.

One thing I did try last week was to order a Lemon, Lime and Bitters at my local recreation club and asked them to use a diet lemon soft drink in it instead of the sugary stuff they normally put in. It still tasted quite nice.
CronicBadger

Postby Glam Girl » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:12 pm

That's interesting actually. I have heard people say they used to crave cakes and sweets but once they started eating healthy they genuinely didn't fancy them at all. I always have a slight sweet tooth though. Thanks for the tip hun!
Glam Girl

Postby Blitz » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:02 pm

I use to drink full strength coke by the gallons :shock: . Now the stuff is unappealing. When I first started losing weight coke was the one thing that was getting to me so rather than feel the victim I used it as a reward. If I lost 10 kilos I allowed myself a coke. One month later it was mine - but by that time my taste buds had moved on and it no longer had any attractionl for me.

To flavour my water I use orange juice or lemon juice and mix it as a cordial (but not too strong).

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Glam Girl » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:16 pm

You are probably right. Today is day one but I haven't been feeling cravings as bad as I thought I would. I did accidently get my scales wet though! Damn. Is that fixable or do I need new scales? At the moment they don't work which sucks!

Hopefully it will dry by morning and I will still be able to get a reading...
Glam Girl

Postby Glam Girl » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:14 am

Well I got my scales working again YAY! So this morning's weigh in was 78.9 so chart below;

Start weight 79.4kg
Todays weight 78.9kg
Weight loss so far 0.5kg
Goal Weight 59.5kg
Remaining to lose 19.4kg

Today my daughter started kindy, my son started Prep and my sons first karate lesson is today. I feel a little emotional today so it's hard for me not to reach for the treats. Fortunately, there are none in the house at the moment so I've stayed away. Also the good weight loss for one day has been great motivation. I am on my second sugarless coffee (I always drank it with milk, no sugar anyway) and I had a muesli bar for brekky (around 120 calories).

Salad and chicken lunch and smoothie dinner again with fruit afternoon tea. :)

I am also a little sore and unmotivated to exercise. I am going to try the yoga instead today to help my muscles. Does anyone know of a great salad dressing recipe. I don't like caesar or ranch or french or italian all that much. I am thinking of trying to make my own. Perhaps something asian or gingery?

♥ GG
Glam Girl

Postby Glam Girl » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:17 am

Ok so todays weigh-in went well. 78.3kg. I am finding that without carbs and without sugars my weight is dropping a bit too fast. In two days of dieting I have lost more than a kilo, so today I am going to have a super healthy taco for lunch and add a little cheese and see what happens.

Smoothie for dinner is working well. It seems to be holding me over long enough and I was worried that it wouldn't. I have my dinner smoothie at 5:00pm and I go to bed 9:00pm. I start feeling a tiny bit hungry around 8:30 - 9:00.

Todays weigh-in : 78.3kg
Yesterdays : 78.9
Loss: 0.6kg

Start weight : 79.4kg
Weight lost : 1.1kg
Goal weight : 59.5kg
Weight to go : 18.8kg
Glam Girl

Postby CronicBadger » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:22 am

Don't be concerned about dramatic daily weight loss as much as a whole kilo. Almost all of that would be due to your body deciding it didn't need to retain so much water for the digestive process, so flushed it out.

It works in the opposite direction too: weight gains of a kilo in 24 hours are also nothing to be concerned about since most of that will be food bulk and water. A kilo of fat would require eating, at least, the equivalent of two extra-large roast chickens, two whole loaves of bread with a dessert of five Big Mac hamburgers (or, if you wanted to keep it simple, about 25 meat pies).
CronicBadger

Postby Glam Girl » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:13 pm

Thanks Cron! That's a good point. I am already noticing my appetite decreasing which took me about two weeks last time I did this. I just want to maintain my skin as I lose weight and not get the sagging too much. :-) I will see how I go, like you say it may balance out to actual weight loss soon enough, rather than water loss.
Glam Girl

Postby Glam Girl » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:28 am

Well todays weigh in was 78.3 again. How frustrating! But I guess I'll just keep going and see what it says tomorrow. :-)
Glam Girl

Postby Glam Girl » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:50 pm

Yesterday I mucked up big time. I had a cupcake, I had almost a bottle of red wine and I ate my dinner a little late, but the good news is that my weight remained the same today!

78.3kg again and I am feeling a little off today so I haven't eaten much. Tomorrow should be a good weight loss day! ♥

Scrambled egg on dry toast with dry-fried (no butter or oil)tomatoes for dinner and I had a small oven baked crumbed fish and salad for lunch. I have also only had one coffee today so a super low calorie day today. xo

♥ GG
Glam Girl

Postby Glam Girl » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:25 am

Ok I have had a weird couple of days and as a result my weight headed back up to 79.0kg. I am hoping to adjust this so today I will be eating a lot better.

Todays reading 79.0 kg
Goal weight 59.5

Slow process!
Glam Girl

Postby Blitz » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:11 pm

Learn from your mistakes and develop ways to avoid them. Allow the body to have its natural fluctuations without getting up tight. Keep at it and you will win through. :D

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Glam Girl » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:33 am

Absolutely, I agree. I am working on it already! My body does not like carbs! Any pasta or bread etc and it piles the weight on..
Glam Girl

Postby Glam Girl » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:53 am

Ok back on track. My scales are broken but I am determined to exercise and make better choices this year. Been doing great lately. I read in an article that at first you should simply try adding healthy food to your regular food, like an omelette sided with a salad etc. I think that's a good idea. My friend is coming over to exercise with me on Monday. I am doing a 30min workout five days a week using a combination of yoga and pilates exercise ball, and toning balls.

I can't weigh myself at the moment, but I can tell my clothes are fitting me better. Loving 2013!

♥ GG
Glam Girl

Next

Return to Personal Progress