It is currently Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:09 pm

Free Newsletter

Taking it off ForGood - my log

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Taking it off ForGood - my log

Postby Forgood » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:42 am

Hi, I thought it a nice idea to use this forum to log in my weight loss. Today marks the end of week one.

Loss this week is 900 grams. Im happy with this because I am not on a diet. I am eating sensibly, watching portions and exercising more (ie walking). My 18 year old son is annorexic so it is very important that i not be on a diet and have a bunch of diet products around. Onward and upward!

starting weight: 86 kilos
Current weight: 85.1 kilos
Goal weight: 60 kilos

M
Forgood

Re: Taking it off ForGood - my log

Postby Blitz » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:58 pm

Oh...here are your stats...ignore my other post elsewhere. :oops:

Healthy lifestyle is the key watch words. I never ever use the word diet. All foods are permissable but many of them may be unwise choices for helping me reach my goals. Moderation and portion control are the important dietary factors.

900grams down - only 25.1kg to go! Remember even the largest tree in the forest can be felled with an axe that chips at it piece by piece! Get chopping! :lol: :D

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby fortyfour » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:18 pm

Forgood, we seem to have the same approach, though i don't mind calling what i do a diet. But certainly i would never go near weight loss products of any kind. Its easy enough to lose weight if we can stick with regular decent meals and a bit of exercise.

I think the hard part about dieting is getting the mind in the right gear.

I feel for you and your son. Anorexia has got to be one of the worst mental health disorders. You both need all the support you can get. Best wishes.
Height - 165cm
Starting weight - 7 March 2013 - 83.6kg
weight - 21 March 2013 - 79.8kg
latest weight - 28 July 2013 - 77kg
fortyfour

Postby Blitz » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:28 pm

The real battle of weight loss is what is happening in that space between your ears. You get that right and the other two things (healthy eating and exercise) will fall into place. The year before I started losing weight was very important. In that time I found the right head space and mindset - that became the foundation of my success.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Return to Personal Progress