It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:20 am

Free Newsletter

My Progress :)

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

My Progress :)

Postby MissK » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:09 pm

Thought I'd also start one of these progress diaries to help keep me on track.

Due to my erratic work hours, I've found it hard to stick to a gym/classes/exercise regime. Morning shift is 7am - 3pm and arvo shift is 2pm -9pm onwards, so doing an arvo backed up with a morning is tough sometimes.

Tomorrow morning I'm going for a work before work. I eat quite healthy anyway, but will really be focusing on cutting out unecessary snack foods and try to cut back on coffee which I do drink a lot of.

Ive pre-made a salad with grilled chicken breast for dinner at work tomorrow night, and in the morning Ive got natural yoghurt with blueberries & strawberries :)
MissK

Re: My Progress :)

Postby MissK » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:40 pm

My walk didnt happen due to my cats eye being swollen and gross! So had to go into work before I even started!!!
But Ive devised a route to walk each day that Ill be motivated to do.
Im currently building a house with boyfie, and its not far from home now, about 1.2ks with some hills, so there and back should be approx half hour :D I usually drive past a few times week to check progress so why not walk?!
MissK

Postby Blitz » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:36 pm

The key to success is to build a healthy lifestyle that will work in your "real life". It sounds that you are coming to grips with that...good work. :D

Great idea walking to your new house. If seeing the progress of the building don't motivate you - nothing will. :lol: Another big tick for making a good dinner for work. Forward planning is planning for success. Those that don't plan - plan to fail.

Keep working at that healthy lifestyle. :D
Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby MissK » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:39 pm

Thankyou for the support!

Yes my work lifestyle makes it difficult but I'm aware of it and how to work around it.
Tomorrow will be my first walk to the new house and boyf has informed me while I was at work tonight that lots has happened so I think Ill be walking pretty quickly to see it haha.

Ive also made a mental note to take my water bottle with me everywhere! I don't drink enough so that is another small goal of mine.
MissK

Postby MissK » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:53 am

So left home at 8:25am this morning to walk to the new house, with a goal to be back at home before 9am.
The walk there is relatively easy, most of it is downhill with only some slight inclines. Got to the new house and did a happy dance when I saw that my windows were in! Took some pictures, then headed back home.
Back home its mainly uphill! Especially my street, its decieving!! But I focused on breathing and before I knew it I was home.
I checked my watch and it was 8:58am!! I did it!!!
Now for some natural yoghurt with berries - yumm!
Oh and question, is it better to eat before or after exercise??
MissK

Postby Blitz » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:10 pm

In the morning it is best to exercise first but it does depend on how late you leave it. Suggest an apple or banana before your walk to tide you over. :D

I remember those hills! There were two on my regular walk. I nicknamed them "heartbreak ridge" and "heartbreak hill". I would grit my teeth, power walk up them and curse them! Now that I've trimmed down and am fit - I hardly even notice them as I run up them! :shock: :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby MissK » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:34 am

Yes I think exercising first is better for me.
Second walk today! I beat my time from yesterday, arriving home two minutes sooner!! But that hill I swear killed me more than it did yesterday! I like your idea of naming them :D
I name thee: "Horrid Hill"
I cant wait until I can walk/run up them like they're nothing!
MissK

Postby Blitz » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:14 pm

That day will come sooner than you think. You are getting more fit and thinner each day. Every day a small bit goes away. You don't see or notice it and then suddenly you're over that crest of the hill. It will seem like it happened over night but trust me its the little bits that knit the pattern. Before you know it you'll be running up the hill regularly and one day you will realise that this small hill was the same hill that use to fill you with dread. :lol:

Conqueror "horrid hill" and victory will be yours!
Kim
Blitz

Postby MissK » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:32 am

Thankyou for the support Kim, its really encouraging :)

Today my walk wasn't as good as the last two; I think Im feeling the last two days in my muscles so I was a bit sore when I got going! I didn't give up though, I just didn't push myself. The last thing I want is an injury :S
But when I got to my house the bricks had just been delivered so that made it worthwhile!!
Then I got lost on the way home, thought I'd go the "shortcut" haha..oops!! Made the walk about 5 mins longer though.
MissK

Postby Blitz » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:33 pm

Shortcuts make long delays! In this case extra exercise is always good. Sore legs equals muscle making also very good! :D
Building the house and building the body at the same time...what talent! :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Return to Personal Progress